General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Antonio Gibson rocket ship

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:47 am

Krypto_King wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:20 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:40 pm
His realistic ceiling looks like Percy Harvin/Tarik Cohen. If he maintains RB eligibility for fantasy and hits Percy Harvin's best season then he would be worth a first round pick. However the floor is Cordarelle Patterson/Tavon Austin and I would argue that he ends up being closer to those 2 than his ceiling.
There is a big difference between being 230lbs and actually playing the RB position in fantasy but ok I will humor you guys.
let's give Gibson CPat's 1st 4 seasons of receiving production in the league. then I will add a modest 150 carries, 600 yards and 4 td rushing and that all comes out to RB19, RB28, RB54, and an RB21 season. This is his floor.

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:35 pm This now feels like the Henderson thread from last year.
sure, if it was the Panthers that had drafted him at the 3.02 with their 2nd pick of the draft.
I’m not sure you understand what “floor” means? You took a similar prospect and just added better stats on top. That is absolutely not the way to establish his floor imo, seems pretty illogical and baseless.
If I can get any first round pick for him I would sell in a nanosecond. When situation alone raises value this dramatically, you sell.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:53 am

Gibson is closer to a lottery ticket than a sure thing. No way I'd pay a 1st for him right now

I do really like his tape, though. Very fun to watch. Hopefully he is able to find a consistent role.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:58 am

Krypto_King wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:20 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:40 pm
His realistic ceiling looks like Percy Harvin/Tarik Cohen. If he maintains RB eligibility for fantasy and hits Percy Harvin's best season then he would be worth a first round pick. However the floor is Cordarelle Patterson/Tavon Austin and I would argue that he ends up being closer to those 2 than his ceiling.
There is a big difference between being 230lbs and actually playing the RB position in fantasy but ok I will humor you guys.
let's give Gibson CPat's 1st 4 seasons of receiving production in the league. then I will add a modest 150 carries, 600 yards and 4 td rushing and that all comes out to RB19, RB28, RB54, and an RB21 season. This is his floor.
Definitely not his floor. His floor is that he's a complete bust and scores nothing. I believe your projections are a reasonable outcome, but it's more likely he busts than becomes a coveted fantasy asset.

AP is the obvious benefactor here. Love and Gibson are both worth dart throws, especially in PPR, but I'm not reaching for either if it requires big capital to do so. It's still Washington.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:25 am

I still have him as a high teens/low twenties pick in this draft. The situation is a double edged sword. Initially, he was in the receivers room and focused on that aspect of his game. With Guice being let go, he’s now going between the receivers room and running back room. I don’t know how you take a guy who was raw as a receiver and very raw as a running back and expect him to learn both positions to the NFL level in his rookie season. To me, this is a bad move from a bad franchise and while it could pay some early dividends by giving him more opportunity to get on the field early, it could also stunt his development on both fronts and you end up with a CPatt.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:56 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:25 am I still have him as a high teens/low twenties pick in this draft. The situation is a double edged sword. Initially, he was in the receivers room and focused on that aspect of his game. With Guice being let go, he’s now going between the receivers room and running back room. I don’t know how you take a guy who was raw as a receiver and very raw as a running back and expect him to learn both positions to the NFL level in his rookie season. To me, this is a bad move from a bad franchise and while it could pay some early dividends by giving him more opportunity to get on the field early, it could also stunt his development on both fronts and you end up with a CPatt.
Solid take and one i really didn't consider much. In college baseball, we had a few two way players who were working out as a pitcher and a position player. These guys struggled a ton early on to improve at either aspect of the game. The ones who did put in so much work above and beyond what everyone else did. Who knows, maybe Gibson is one who gets it. It's still a dart throw, even if there's a ton of potential there.

I hope Rivera can be the first step in changing the Washington culture. Not too soon though because I own the 2021 1st of a guy in my league who owns Mclaurin, Peterson, Haskins, and Love.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:20 am

sugbear65 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:47 amIf I can get any first round pick for him I would sell in a nanosecond. When situation alone raises value this dramatically, you sell.
Absolutely, always careful when situation is the primary driver in value gained/lost. I'd sell for a 1st, and this coming from a Gibson owner in 1/4 dynasty leagues.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:40 am

I offered Pittman for Gibson and Edwards to see. The owner came back with Gibson, Edward's, and Fournette for Chubb and Diontae Johnson. No thanks
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:50 am

Started the last slow draft today and Gibson went 1.08 in a 14 team .5PPR. The hype is out of control.

Admittedly this league always has the wildest draft of any league I've ever seen and never goes by any consensus rankings whatsoever.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:59 am

My draft was early, back in May. I was lucky enough to get him at the 2.10 and his value IMO has really only slightly risen from there apparently according to some of these posts im wrong. I would NEVER pay a first for him. I do definitely think he should be drafted before Keshawn Vaughn when it comes to RBs but thats just my opinion. He should not be drafted above Pittman, Higgins, Aiyuk etc. I drafted him hoping i get solid flex play that once in a while will flat out win you games aka James White or Chris Thompson. I see this being the most realistic ceiling for him and id be very happy with that. One issue i have on these boards is the topic is always whether these guys will be a stud or a bust, its never about just fantasy relevance in general. There is a large gray area between Stud and Bust and sometimes guys just being fantasy relevant is a major positive. Personally if a guy i pick at 2.10 become a James White ill be ecstatic. The conversation around guys like Gibson shouldnt focus on him being a stud or a bust, but more if he will be a RB3 or RB2, and i think both are possible in PPR leagues.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:12 am

I see him as a Tyreek Hill type prospect in reverse. Gibson looks much more like an electric RB than a WR IMO.

I drafted him at 2.1, 2.4, and 2.11 in 3 money leagues right after the NFL Draft. 2.11 was an IDP 12 team league so that was a pretty high pick.

No regrets but I am aggressive with 2nd round picks when they look to have serious upside. Gibson flashes upside and his opportunity potential just went way up. I can see him going in the 1st these days based on ones belief he will become a legit starter.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:18 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:35 pm This now feels like the Henderson thread from last year.
This.

So many of his highlight touches are just piss poor tackling and wide open lanes.

Also, somehow people have forgotten/are ignoring the fact there is an All-American, Doak Walker award winner, PAC-12 player of the year, that actually knows how to play RB on the roster...

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:55 am

All my drafts happened before the hype train got rolling.He went back end of round 2 in 5 of the 6. That is where he should be going.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:17 am

Ice wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:12 am I see him as a Tyreek Hill type prospect in reverse. Gibson looks much more like an electric RB than a WR IMO.

I drafted him at 2.1, 2.4, and 2.11 in 3 money leagues right after the NFL Draft. 2.11 was an IDP 12 team league so that was a pretty high pick.

No regrets but I am aggressive with 2nd round picks when they look to have serious upside. Gibson flashes upside and his opportunity potential just went way up. I can see him going in the 1st these days based on ones belief he will become a legit starter.
Stay in your lane, stick to WR's. :lol: :wink:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:52 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:17 am
Ice wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:12 am I see him as a Tyreek Hill type prospect in reverse. Gibson looks much more like an electric RB than a WR IMO.

Stay in your lane, stick to WR's. :lol: :wink:
Hahahaha

Funny I evaluated him as a WR; So I jumped my lane and decided he was a RB. :crazy:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:06 am

Very limited touches and major questions at pass-pro (because of lack of use, not that he's bad). That said, 33 carries at an 11.2 YPC, and 38 receptions at a 19.3 average for 12 TD's total has me drooling a bit. 71 touches for over 1100 yards. Keep in mind that Washington has arguably the worst wr corp in the league. He'll get chances. Boom or bust, and I do like the potential boom myself.