Tim Tebow Thread: To the Jags TE Convert

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Team Canada
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Tim Tebow- fantasy outlook for 2011

Postby Team Canada » Mon May 02, 2011 2:44 pm

eaglesfan wrote:
Madtoker wrote:I just read the article and it doesn't say anything about him being the starter. He says it could happen.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... -starter/1

"The Broncos declared that veteran Kyle Orton would be the starter, but Tebow said this month he intends to challenge for the position."

http://twitter.com/#!/Rotoworld_FB/stat ... 2656238594
hope ur correct. dont have a longtime potential starter behind Brady with Garrard with a 1-2yr timeline left.
Don't bet against Nightmarion...he made me look like a fool :)

10 team $250 cap, 0.5 ppr- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex
QB- Brady ($18/2yrs),Ponder ($5/1yr)
RB- CJ ($25/3yrs), AP($25/2yrs), Spiller ($15/2yrs), Martin ($10/4yrs), L.James($2/4yrs)
WR- Dem Thomas ($41/1yr), Nicks ($20/3yrs), Fitzgerald ($20/2yrs), Tampa Mike ($18/2yrs), Jeffery ($6/3yrs), V.Brown($5/1yr)
TE- Graham ($15/2yrs), Brandon Myers ($1/1yr), Dennis Pitta ($1/1yr)
Picks- 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.9, 2.9

12 team ppr, QB, RB, WR, TE, 4 flexes
QB- Arod, Fitz, Gabbert
RB- Lynch, Spiller, Ridley, Hunter, Gerhart, Goodson, Benson
WR- Fitz, White, Britt, Maclin, Vjax, Little, Jean, Jenkins, Shipley, Easley, Edelman, Gettis, A.Holmes, Lockette, Morgan, R.Wallace
TE- V.Davis, Stocker, J.Thomas, DJ Williams

cleanwillyb
Captain
Captain

Postby cleanwillyb » Mon May 02, 2011 6:16 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:... Personally I've never been so "sure" of anything in my 7 odd years of playing fantasy football as I am about Tebows ability to put up significant fantasy points in 2011 and beyond...
If that's true then I'm not sure why you're asking our opinion, it's hard to make a statement more forceful than that. I hope that didn't sound disrespectful.

Personally I think Tebow has QB2 upside, it's hard to see him ever putting up big passing numbers. He's got rushing potential, sure, but I wouldn't want to put all my eggs in the Tebow basket.
16 team 0.5 PPR IDP dynasty league. 5th Season.
QB: D. Brees, M. Stafford
RB: L. McCoy, D. Martin, J. Charles, R. Mendenhall, D. Wilson
WR: C. Johnson, H. Nicks, A. Green, J. Jones, R. Meachem
TE: J. Graham, J. Finley
DL: JPP, C. Johnson, J. Tuck
LB: S. Lee, J. Lauranaitis, C. McCarthy, J. Beason, D. Bishop,
CB: J. Haden, R. Sherman
S: P. Chung, M. Burnett, B. Pollard
2010-2012 Champ

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Mon May 02, 2011 6:37 pm

I'm gonna say something like this:

:wave:
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Bloodsweatandbeers
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Bloodsweatandbeers » Mon May 02, 2011 9:15 pm

Misfit74 wrote:I'm gonna say something like this:

:wave:
I think any football player would get knocked out if they got kneed in the back of the head like what happened in that picture.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Tue May 03, 2011 12:21 am

Put me in the "I'll believe when I see it" category as far as Tebow being the week 1 starter.
Doesn't anyone find it curious that Elway would come out and say this? Wasn't Elway the guy that has basically bashed Tebow from the first day he was hired? That he wasn't sold on him as an NFL Starting QB? That he has so much work to do before he is ready to be the starter in Elways eyes? Do you think it's possible this is coming out because Elway was not able to draft a QB that could be considered "His Guy"? I think if Denver was able to draft one of the coveted QB's in the draft, Tebow would almost already be on the trade block.

Never mind the fact that the Broncos still have Orton who has been very productive in his 2 seasons in Denver and that the new HC came out and said that orton was his starting QB.

Don't get me wrong... I love Tebow and I do believe in his talents and always have, but I think Elway is trying to cover his Arse with the questionable draft that he had. I thinks it's very silly of him to anoint Tebow the starter before any football activities have started.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Tue May 03, 2011 6:57 am

yumbo wrote:Put me in the "I'll believe when I see it" category as far as Tebow being the week 1 starter.
Doesn't anyone find it curious that Elway would come out and say this? Wasn't Elway the guy that has basically bashed Tebow from the first day he was hired? That he wasn't sold on him as an NFL Starting QB? That he has so much work to do before he is ready to be the starter in Elways eyes? Do you think it's possible this is coming out because Elway was not able to draft a QB that could be considered "His Guy"? I think if Denver was able to draft one of the coveted QB's in the draft, Tebow would almost already be on the trade block.

Never mind the fact that the Broncos still have Orton who has been very productive in his 2 seasons in Denver and that the new HC came out and said that orton was his starting QB.

Don't get me wrong... I love Tebow and I do believe in his talents and always have, but I think Elway is trying to cover his Arse with the questionable draft that he had. I thinks it's very silly of him to anoint Tebow the starter before any football activities have started.
Several issues w/ this post...First of all, the whole "Elway doesn't like Tebow thing" was absolutely speculation and creation by the media. Go back and read his actual quotes. What he was saying was what every coach/GM/personel guy should say in his situation - giving respect to the veteran QB, while making it very clear that Tebow is a work in progress and will need time to develop into a good starting QB. That isn't bashing, it's keeping your rookie star grounded & not alienating your veteran QB or killing his trade value.

Why is it so confusing? Put yourself in their situation - 1 of 2 things is going to happen. Either they find a suitor for Orton and want to get maximum value in a trade, or they will hang onto Orton to help Tebow develop & be a safety net. Elway still hasn't said Tebow will absolutely start to open the season, he's saying he's going to compete for the starting job.

Lastly, I think you may be in the very small minority that think the Broncos had a questionable draft. The only thing they didn't do in the draft was fill the need at DT, but most likely would have a plan through Free Agency. Other than that, they absolutely nailed the draft & everything I've read or heard says the same.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Tue May 03, 2011 7:07 am

airlex wrote:
yumbo wrote:Put me in the "I'll believe when I see it" category as far as Tebow being the week 1 starter.

Several issues w/ this post...First of all, the whole "Elway doesn't like Tebow thing" was absolutely speculation and creation by the media. Go back and read his actual quotes. What he was saying was what every coach/GM/personel guy should say in his situation - giving respect to the veteran QB, while making it very clear that Tebow is a work in progress and will need time to develop into a good starting QB. That isn't bashing, it's keeping your rookie star grounded & not alienating your veteran QB or killing his trade value.

Why is it so confusing? Put yourself in their situation - 1 of 2 things is going to happen. Either they find a suitor for Orton and want to get maximum value in a trade, or they will hang onto Orton to help Tebow develop & be a safety net. Elway still hasn't said Tebow will absolutely start to open the season, he's saying he's going to compete for the starting job.

Lastly, I think you may be in the very small minority that think the Broncos had a questionable draft. The only thing they didn't do in the draft was fill the need at DT, but most likely would have a plan through Free Agency. Other than that, they absolutely nailed the draft & everything I've read or heard says the same.
Agree with everything here Eric. It was really frustrating before the draft to listen to the media completely take Elway's comments and statements out of context. It was so blatantly obvious to me what they were doing, which was keeping Orton's value up in case they were able to do player trades before the draft. As far as what I've read coming from John Fox's mouth after the draft, Orton is still considered the starter with Tebow having every opportunity to compete.

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:08 pm

I think Elway has made it pretty clear that Tebow is the guy in Denver, "I think where we are as an organization, we are going with Tim" I'd be surprised if he wasn't the week 1 starter, but at this point its hard to argue that he's not atleast the favorite to start week 1.

As far as my rushing TD's projection, He scored 6 rushing TD's last season, 3 of which came during his 3 games as a starter. I think with 13 more starts and continued goal line packages that have him carrying the ball (which they still used while he was a starter) he can manage to produce 4 more TD's.

11stever11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby 11stever11 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:16 pm

I think that Tebow will start the opening game...people here in Denver want to see what he can do, and people get excited when they hear Tebow, ...they do not get as excited when they hear Orton...the public image of the Broncos has gone down hence the hire of Elway to help the image so I think if Denver wants more seats sold in the stadium then they will have Tebow as the starting QB...I also think that Orton will be traded when the doors open up becasue he does not have the x factor and fans want to see if Tebow has the x factor...
with that said I think 2,800 passing yards, 22td-15 int, 600 yrds rushing, 8 rushing TD's is very possible
"Everybody with a helmet on is in the mix."
Mike Tomlin

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue May 03, 2011 3:55 pm

11stever11 wrote:I think that Tebow will start the opening game...people here in Denver want to see what he can do, and people get excited when they hear Tebow, ...they do not get as excited when they hear Orton...the public image of the Broncos has gone down hence the hire of Elway to help the image so I think if Denver wants more seats sold in the stadium then they will have Tebow as the starting QB...I also think that Orton will be traded when the doors open up becasue he does not have the x factor and fans want to see if Tebow has the x factor...
with that said I think 2,800 passing yards, 22td-15 int, 600 yrds rushing, 8 rushing TD's is very possible
I think you hit on the primary reason the Broncos would start Tebow ahead of Orton. Public outcry. The team gave up a boatload to go and get him. It is put up or shut up time for the organization and they have all their eggs in one basket. They just better hope that it doesn't end up on their face.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Richman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Richman » Tue May 03, 2011 5:32 pm

They had the 2nd pick, they could have drafted anyone but Cam!
gangsta blue *League Champ*(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K,1D) 12 Team/20 Player
QB:A Rodgers
WR:Fitz,Nicks,Maclin,Garcon,D.Rodgers
RB:Rice,McCoy,R Mathews,Stacy,Michaels,Hunter,J.Bell,K.Davis,Leshoure,M.James,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Ertz,A.Robinson

Blue Droogie(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1D) 16 Team/20 Player
QB:P Manning,Luck,Mallett
WR:Nicks,D Thomas,Garcon,Thompkins
RB:Rice,Forte,Mathews,Vereen,Helu,K.Davis,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Rudolph,A.Robinson

Richman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Richman » Tue May 03, 2011 5:35 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:I think Elway has made it pretty clear that Tebow is the guy in Denver, "I think where we are as an organization, we are going with Tim" I'd be surprised if he wasn't the week 1 starter, but at this point its hard to argue that he's not atleast the favorite to start week 1.

As far as my rushing TD's projection, He scored 6 rushing TD's last season, 3 of which came during his 3 games as a starter. I think with 13 more starts and continued goal line packages that have him carrying the ball (which they still used while he was a starter) he can manage to produce 4 more TD's.
He scored a lot of his TD's almost in a wildcat set up, but Elway and Foxy will want a little more stable offence, but I still think he'll run in 6 or 7.
gangsta blue *League Champ*(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1K,1D) 12 Team/20 Player
QB:A Rodgers
WR:Fitz,Nicks,Maclin,Garcon,D.Rodgers
RB:Rice,McCoy,R Mathews,Stacy,Michaels,Hunter,J.Bell,K.Davis,Leshoure,M.James,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Ertz,A.Robinson

Blue Droogie(1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1D) 16 Team/20 Player
QB:P Manning,Luck,Mallett
WR:Nicks,D Thomas,Garcon,Thompkins
RB:Rice,Forte,Mathews,Vereen,Helu,K.Davis,L.Murray
TE:Cameron,Rudolph,A.Robinson

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Tue May 03, 2011 9:37 pm

airlex wrote:

Well duh, what the media has written/created is the only information we can base our opinion on, right? Obviously you are tight with Elway and Fox so you know better. Good for you! :thumbup: and maybe the statements from Elway are misconstrued or are taken out of context, but something has to be said in order for any of that to happen. Where there's smoke, usually there's fire. So let me ask, since you know, are Elway and Fox on the same page? Obviously Fox has said that Orton is his starter and Elway is basically being wish washy again.( Don't forget, this posting started with a link to a tweet by Elway (I'm assuming) saying Tebow will be the starter.)

Most GM's, HC's or other team employees should come out and either stand behind their guy or not. Elway has been nothing but Wishy-Washy on Tebow since he was hired. If he thinks he can be a starter in the NFL, then he should've said so front and center from day 1. But he did not do that. I think he is trying to distance himself from McDaniels and protecting his Arse in case Tebow doesn't work out. But, I truly believe that Elway doesn't have faith in the guy. Nothing but a gut feeling.

If you think he has said what he has said so he doesn't alienate his veteran QB, that is ridiculous. I think Orton knows what's going on better than anyone, he's been around long enough. I don't think he needs anyone to sugarcoat anything for him. I'm sure he knows, all he needs to do to win the starting job is to win it "On The Field. You aren't giving him any credit if you think that.

As for "why is it confusing", if you believe any of that has anything to do with Orton's trade value or lack thereof, that's crazy. Other teams know exactly what Orton can and cannot do. They know exactly what they are getting and what they'd have to pay for him if they want to trade for him. Personally, I can't see the Bronco's trading him until Tebow is set as a starter. Why would they risk trading away their insurance policy before they know what they have.

As far as the draft they have had, every report card I have read has given them no better than a "C". Maybe that's fair, maybe that's not, but again, reading these articles by Pundits, that are supposed to know more than us, is basically all the info we can read into, right? I love to watch the draft, butI will be the first to tell you that I don't know all of the players like i used to, so maybe I'm wrong and maybe we are not reading the same things. Or maybe you are just so much smarter than me (since you are tight with Elway)... or could it be we just have a difference of opinion.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I hope Tebow does start and become a star. I've thought he would even before he was drafted last year. I am also an Orton fan and think he will be a very good QB wherever he plays.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Wed May 04, 2011 7:17 am

yumbo wrote:
airlex wrote:

Well duh, what the media has written/created is the only information we can base our opinion on, right? Obviously you are tight with Elway and Fox so you know better. Good for you! :thumbup: and maybe the statements from Elway are misconstrued or are taken out of context, but something has to be said in order for any of that to happen. Where there's smoke, usually there's fire. So let me ask, since you know, are Elway and Fox on the same page? Obviously Fox has said that Orton is his starter and Elway is basically being wish washy again.( Don't forget, this posting started with a link to a tweet by Elway (I'm assuming) saying Tebow will be the starter.)

Most GM's, HC's or other team employees should come out and either stand behind their guy or not. Elway has been nothing but Wishy-Washy on Tebow since he was hired. If he thinks he can be a starter in the NFL, then he should've said so front and center from day 1. But he did not do that. I think he is trying to distance himself from McDaniels and protecting his Arse in case Tebow doesn't work out. But, I truly believe that Elway doesn't have faith in the guy. Nothing but a gut feeling.

If you think he has said what he has said so he doesn't alienate his veteran QB, that is ridiculous. I think Orton knows what's going on better than anyone, he's been around long enough. I don't think he needs anyone to sugarcoat anything for him. I'm sure he knows, all he needs to do to win the starting job is to win it "On The Field. You aren't giving him any credit if you think that.

As for "why is it confusing", if you believe any of that has anything to do with Orton's trade value or lack thereof, that's crazy. Other teams know exactly what Orton can and cannot do. They know exactly what they are getting and what they'd have to pay for him if they want to trade for him. Personally, I can't see the Bronco's trading him until Tebow is set as a starter. Why would they risk trading away their insurance policy before they know what they have.

As far as the draft they have had, every report card I have read has given them no better than a "C". Maybe that's fair, maybe that's not, but again, reading these articles by Pundits, that are supposed to know more than us, is basically all the info we can read into, right? I love to watch the draft, butI will be the first to tell you that I don't know all of the players like i used to, so maybe I'm wrong and maybe we are not reading the same things. Or maybe you are just so much smarter than me (since you are tight with Elway)... or could it be we just have a difference of opinion.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I hope Tebow does start and become a star. I've thought he would even before he was drafted last year. I am also an Orton fan and think he will be a very good QB wherever he plays.
I obviously pushed some buttons with you with my disagreement to your post...I never claimed to be close to Elway and/or Fox and just to clarify, I'm not. I am however, a fan of the team and follow them pretty closely. For most of my comments, I'm using three things: common sense, actual quotes by players, coaches, GM's, & of course, speculation based on past history.

I believe if you go back and read the actual quotes, you may change your mind on your statement about Elway being wishy-washy on Tebow. Not much has actually changed from what he said then to now. And for Orton, I disagree that what the team says and does has no effect on his trade value, but that's just me. I'm not claiming to be smarter than you either. In my opinion, I believe both Elway & Fox are on the same page, and neither seem to care much about distancing themselves from anything or public perception, other than about player value. They seem to be handling everything very professionally and systematically, which is basically opposite of how McDaniels did.

As far as the draft grades, maybe we're reading different material. Here are a few links for you, including quite a few national guys in the 1st link...

http://denverbroncos.thefootballfanshop ... d-the-web/
http://nflmocks.com/2011/05/03/grading- ... cos-draft/
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mrice/draft-impressions/
http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-bronc ... -sb-nation
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Wed May 04, 2011 8:08 am

Orton gets so disrespected it's rediculous. I had him last year in a couple leagues and he was a point scoring machine in fantasy, which means he put up good numbers in the game. Until the Bronco's started jacking him around and put Tebow in.

Of course, Tebow was a fantasy force as well, being the no.1 fantasy qb the last 3 weeks of the season.