General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Tim Tebow- fantasy outlook for 2011

Postby melish1631 » Wed May 04, 2011 8:47 am

Misfit74 wrote:I'm gonna say something like this:

:wave:
That's great...is that Marcus Gilbert in the background???
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:45 am

yumbo wrote:
airlex wrote:
yumbo wrote:Put me in the "I'll believe when I see it" category as far as Tebow being the week 1 starter.
Doesn't anyone find it curious that Elway would come out and say this? Wasn't Elway the guy that has basically bashed Tebow from the first day he was hired? That he wasn't sold on him as an NFL Starting QB? That he has so much work to do before he is ready to be the starter in Elways eyes? Do you think it's possible this is coming out because Elway was not able to draft a QB that could be considered "His Guy"? I think if Denver was able to draft one of the coveted QB's in the draft, Tebow would almost already be on the trade block.

Never mind the fact that the Broncos still have Orton who has been very productive in his 2 seasons in Denver and that the new HC came out and said that orton was his starting QB.

Don't get me wrong... I love Tebow and I do believe in his talents and always have, but I think Elway is trying to cover his Arse with the questionable draft that he had. I thinks it's very silly of him to anoint Tebow the starter before any football activities have started.
Several issues w/ this post...First of all, the whole "Elway doesn't like Tebow thing" was absolutely speculation and creation by the media. Go back and read his actual quotes. What he was saying was what every coach/GM/personel guy should say in his situation - giving respect to the veteran QB, while making it very clear that Tebow is a work in progress and will need time to develop into a good starting QB. That isn't bashing, it's keeping your rookie star grounded & not alienating your veteran QB or killing his trade value.

Why is it so confusing? Put yourself in their situation - 1 of 2 things is going to happen. Either they find a suitor for Orton and want to get maximum value in a trade, or they will hang onto Orton to help Tebow develop & be a safety net. Elway still hasn't said Tebow will absolutely start to open the season, he's saying he's going to compete for the starting job.

Lastly, I think you may be in the very small minority that think the Broncos had a questionable draft. The only thing they didn't do in the draft was fill the need at DT, but most likely would have a plan through Free Agency. Other than that, they absolutely nailed the draft & everything I've read or heard says the same.

Well duh, what the media has written/created is the only information we can base our opinion on, right? Obviously you are tight with Elway and Fox so you know better. Good for you! :thumbup: and maybe the statements from Elway are misconstrued or are taken out of context, but something has to be said in order for any of that to happen. Where there's smoke, usually there's fire. So let me ask, since you know, are Elway and Fox on the same page? Obviously Fox has said that Orton is his starter and Elway is basically being wish washy again.( Don't forget, this posting started with a link to a tweet by Elway (I'm assuming) saying Tebow will be the starter.)

Most GM's, HC's or other team employees should come out and either stand behind their guy or not. Elway has been nothing but Wishy-Washy on Tebow since he was hired. If he thinks he can be a starter in the NFL, then he should've said so front and center from day 1. But he did not do that. I think he is trying to distance himself from McDaniels and protecting his Arse in case Tebow doesn't work out. But, I truly believe that Elway doesn't have faith in the guy. Nothing but a gut feeling.

If you think he has said what he has said so he doesn't alienate his veteran QB, that is ridiculous. I think Orton knows what's going on better than anyone, he's been around long enough. I don't think he needs anyone to sugarcoat anything for him. I'm sure he knows, all he needs to do to win the starting job is to win it "On The Field. You aren't giving him any credit if you think that.

As for "why is it confusing", if you believe any of that has anything to do with Orton's trade value or lack thereof, that's crazy. Other teams know exactly what Orton can and cannot do. They know exactly what they are getting and what they'd have to pay for him if they want to trade for him. Personally, I can't see the Bronco's trading him until Tebow is set as a starter. Why would they risk trading away their insurance policy before they know what they have.

As far as the draft they have had, every report card I have read has given them no better than a "C". Maybe that's fair, maybe that's not, but again, reading these articles by Pundits, that are supposed to know more than us, is basically all the info we can read into, right? I love to watch the draft, butI will be the first to tell you that I don't know all of the players like i used to, so maybe I'm wrong and maybe we are not reading the same things. Or maybe you are just so much smarter than me (since you are tight with Elway)... or could it be we just have a difference of opinion.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I hope Tebow does start and become a star. I've thought he would even before he was drafted last year. I am also an Orton fan and think he will be a very good QB wherever he plays.
I have no idea how you don't see why the Broncos have to atleast act like Orton has a good chance of starting. It's not as simple as teams "knowing exactly what their getting". If the broncos hold onto Orton until Tebow is set as a starter, then Orton Loses TONS of trade value. Orton has a monster salary this upcoming season, a salary way too high for a backup QB. So if the broncos name Tebow the starter, other teams will know the broncos don't wont to pay out that salary, and thus the pressure is now on the broncos to move Orton. It's all about leverage and that's why Elway hasn't come out and clearly declared anything

or just think about it in extremely simple terms, who do you value more? someone that another team still wants? or someone that another team is moving on without?

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Wed May 04, 2011 11:06 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:I have no idea how you don't see why the Broncos have to atleast act like Orton has a good chance of starting. It's not as simple as teams "knowing exactly what their getting". If the broncos hold onto Orton until Tebow is set as a starter, then Orton Loses TONS of trade value. Orton has a monster salary this upcoming season, a salary way too high for a backup QB. So if the broncos name Tebow the starter, other teams will know the broncos don't wont to pay out that salary, and thus the pressure is now on the broncos to move Orton. It's all about leverage and that's why Elway hasn't come out and clearly declared anything

or just think about it in extremely simple terms, who do you value more? someone that another team still wants? or someone that another team is moving on without?
Yep, leverage is the key here. If the Broncos basically say that Orton has no value as a starter anymore, no one is going to give them starter value in a trade. They'll just wait for the Broncos to get desperate and take what they can get or just wait for him to be cut and pick him up then.

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Wed May 04, 2011 11:16 am

49ersFaithful80 wrote:
yumbo wrote:
airlex wrote: Several issues w/ this post...First of all, the whole "Elway doesn't like Tebow thing" was absolutely speculation and creation by the media. Go back and read his actual quotes. What he was saying was what every coach/GM/personel guy should say in his situation - giving respect to the veteran QB, while making it very clear that Tebow is a work in progress and will need time to develop into a good starting QB. That isn't bashing, it's keeping your rookie star grounded & not alienating your veteran QB or killing his trade value.

Why is it so confusing? Put yourself in their situation - 1 of 2 things is going to happen. Either they find a suitor for Orton and want to get maximum value in a trade, or they will hang onto Orton to help Tebow develop & be a safety net. Elway still hasn't said Tebow will absolutely start to open the season, he's saying he's going to compete for the starting job.

Lastly, I think you may be in the very small minority that think the Broncos had a questionable draft. The only thing they didn't do in the draft was fill the need at DT, but most likely would have a plan through Free Agency. Other than that, they absolutely nailed the draft & everything I've read or heard says the same.

Well duh, what the media has written/created is the only information we can base our opinion on, right? Obviously you are tight with Elway and Fox so you know better. Good for you! :thumbup: and maybe the statements from Elway are misconstrued or are taken out of context, but something has to be said in order for any of that to happen. Where there's smoke, usually there's fire. So let me ask, since you know, are Elway and Fox on the same page? Obviously Fox has said that Orton is his starter and Elway is basically being wish washy again.( Don't forget, this posting started with a link to a tweet by Elway (I'm assuming) saying Tebow will be the starter.)

Most GM's, HC's or other team employees should come out and either stand behind their guy or not. Elway has been nothing but Wishy-Washy on Tebow since he was hired. If he thinks he can be a starter in the NFL, then he should've said so front and center from day 1. But he did not do that. I think he is trying to distance himself from McDaniels and protecting his Arse in case Tebow doesn't work out. But, I truly believe that Elway doesn't have faith in the guy. Nothing but a gut feeling.

If you think he has said what he has said so he doesn't alienate his veteran QB, that is ridiculous. I think Orton knows what's going on better than anyone, he's been around long enough. I don't think he needs anyone to sugarcoat anything for him. I'm sure he knows, all he needs to do to win the starting job is to win it "On The Field. You aren't giving him any credit if you think that.

As for "why is it confusing", if you believe any of that has anything to do with Orton's trade value or lack thereof, that's crazy. Other teams know exactly what Orton can and cannot do. They know exactly what they are getting and what they'd have to pay for him if they want to trade for him. Personally, I can't see the Bronco's trading him until Tebow is set as a starter. Why would they risk trading away their insurance policy before they know what they have.

As far as the draft they have had, every report card I have read has given them no better than a "C". Maybe that's fair, maybe that's not, but again, reading these articles by Pundits, that are supposed to know more than us, is basically all the info we can read into, right? I love to watch the draft, butI will be the first to tell you that I don't know all of the players like i used to, so maybe I'm wrong and maybe we are not reading the same things. Or maybe you are just so much smarter than me (since you are tight with Elway)... or could it be we just have a difference of opinion.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I hope Tebow does start and become a star. I've thought he would even before he was drafted last year. I am also an Orton fan and think he will be a very good QB wherever he plays.
I have no idea how you don't see why the Broncos have to atleast act like Orton has a good chance of starting. It's not as simple as teams "knowing exactly what their getting". If the broncos hold onto Orton until Tebow is set as a starter, then Orton Loses TONS of trade value. Orton has a monster salary this upcoming season, a salary way too high for a backup QB. So if the broncos name Tebow the starter, other teams will know the broncos don't wont to pay out that salary, and thus the pressure is now on the broncos to move Orton. It's all about leverage and that's why Elway hasn't come out and clearly declared anything

I still don't see the Broncos trading Orton until they are sure that Tebow is good enough to start. However, I don't necessarily agree that the Broncos don't want Orton. They may trade him if they get blown away with an offer, but the will not trade him just to trade him. IMO

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Tim Tebow losing value?

Postby Shawn » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:05 pm

New reports have Tebow possibly losing the #2 QB gig to the original Merlin mancrush Brady Quinn, :D What do we think now about Tebow's dynasty future???

From Profootballtalk:
With the question of whether Tim Tebow will be the starting quarterback for the Broncos in 2011 now settled (he won’t be), the next question becomes whether Tebow will hold the No. 2 position behind Kyle Orton.

Tebow possibly won’t.

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that, since the preseason opener, Quinn has been taking as many second-team reps as Tebow. Lately, Quinn has been taking second-team reps before Tebow. At a walk-through in advance of Saturday night’s game, Orton ran the “first-half” offense and Quinn led the “second-half offense.”

Quinn has even been taking some snaps with the first-team red zone offense.

Coach John Fox hasn’t said who’ll replace Orton in the second preseason game on Saturday night against the Bills. “That will be a game-time decision,” Fox said. “From a competitive standpoint, we can talk about that after the game, not before the game.”

It’s unclear how the locals will react if Tebow slides behind Quinn. The bigger question is whether and to what extent the Broncos will clamor for Tebow if/when the Broncos slide out of contention under Orton.

At some point, the Broncos need to see what Tebow can do, because at some point the fans will demand it.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Tim Tebow losing value?

Postby MrUbuto » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:47 pm

it doesnt change much for me really. I still like teabow long term always have. I didn't expect him to start any games this year (barring injuries).

if your a teabow owner and he's your QB2 you have some issues this year lol
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Madtoker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madtoker » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:22 pm

MrUbuto wrote:it doesnt change much for me really. I still like teabow long term always have. I didn't expect him to start any games this year (barring injuries).

if your a teabow owner and he's your QB2 you have some issues this year lol
You got issues if you own him :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Yes, Tebow has lost a ton of value in just a couple short months. Heck, a month? Right before training camp started, the starting QB job in Denver was Tebow's and Denver was trying to unload Orton to Miami. The two sides were one round apart in their negotiations with Orton for a draft pick. Now, Tebow may be QB3 in Denver. So, he's definitely lost value.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:44 pm

What value? He never had much value IMO.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:42 pm

"Tebow losing value?"

Never had it. :P
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:34 am

i'll never understand the hype around all these QBs that can run but have trouble hitting the broadside of a barn throwing. gimmick QBs are great in college, but are disasters in the nfl.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

SpeedKills4914
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SpeedKills4914 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:11 am

He didn't have THAT high value anyway... but what little he had, he's lost.

But then, it IS Brady Quinn who's potentially taking that value away, so we'll see.
16 Tm, $90 cap (Keep 12)
QB(1): RGIII-5.5
RB(1): A.Ellington-1.75, D.Wilson-5
WR(2): H.Nicks-5.5, M.Crabtree-4.09, J.Gordon-3.1
TE(1): G.Olsen-2.91, J.Reed-2.3
K(1):
LB(3): D.Johnson-3.75
DL(3):C.Johnson-1.25, R.Quinn-2.74
DB(4): T.J.Ward-4.21
HC(1):
2D 2O FLEX

Madtoker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madtoker » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:33 pm

SpeedKills4914 wrote:He didn't have THAT high value anyway... but what little he had, he's lost.

But then, it IS Brady Quinn who's potentially taking that value away, so we'll see.
That's what makes it sad....It's BRADY QUINN!! :sick:

SpeedKills4914
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SpeedKills4914 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:36 pm

Madtoker wrote:
SpeedKills4914 wrote:He didn't have THAT high value anyway... but what little he had, he's lost.

That's what makes it sad....It's BRADY QUINN!! :sick:
There's always the possibility of Quinn making a re-emergence. :twisted:

Not.
16 Tm, $90 cap (Keep 12)
QB(1): RGIII-5.5
RB(1): A.Ellington-1.75, D.Wilson-5
WR(2): H.Nicks-5.5, M.Crabtree-4.09, J.Gordon-3.1
TE(1): G.Olsen-2.91, J.Reed-2.3
K(1):
LB(3): D.Johnson-3.75
DL(3):C.Johnson-1.25, R.Quinn-2.74
DB(4): T.J.Ward-4.21
HC(1):
2D 2O FLEX

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:48 pm

he still has long term value to me.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted