Tim Tebow Thread: To the Jags TE Convert

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
11stever11
Role Player
Role Player

Tim Tebow Thread: To the Jags TE Convert

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:46 pm

What are you guys thoughts on Tim Tebow in fantasy?
Does the John Fox hire help him or hurt him and where should he be drafted in a start up league (assuming 12 team PPR)?

Thanks in advance!
"Everybody with a helmet on is in the mix."
Mike Tomlin

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tim Tebow

Postby tstafford » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:55 pm

Fox - At best a push for Tebow - can't help. Commitment was from McDaniels. The biggest thing that needs to happen ASAP is for them to trade away Orton. Fox has proven he will play whoever he thinks can win games. Showed up in Carolina in 2002 and immediately put Rodney Peete in as the starter. . .Orton is super tempting to put back in.

Tebow - Zero upside. He's at best a QB2 in fantasy. That's my out on a limb opinion.

chiefs_fan4life_2
Starter
Starter

Postby chiefs_fan4life_2 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:04 pm

I think Tebow can be a very good fantasy QB because of his ability to run the ball...he is a project imo and will need a couple of years to groom. That being said, he has the work ethic and mindset to succeed.
1 QB, 5 (RB-WR-TE), PK, 3 DE/DT, 3 LB, 3 CB/S
standard scoring w/ppr

QB- Palmer, Cassel, Dalton(r), Mallett(r), Collins
RB-
WR- Fitz, Marshall, Nicks, Crabtree, SJohnson, Gibson, Burton(r), Roberts, Randle El, Cruz
TE- Davis, Cook
PK- Nedney
DE/DT- Cole, Umenyiora, Biermann, Gregg, Liuget(r), Coleman
LB- Mayo, Ruud, Lofton, Houston(r), TDavis, English
CB/S- Branch, Verner, Chung, Barber, Fletcher, Greene, Gregory, ABerry, Peterson(r)

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:22 pm

I voted "good", but unless Orton is moved I don't see Tebow getting the starting job there this coming season.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

jimmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jimmo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:05 pm

I voted "poor", and I still believe what I wrote in a poll thread last year about him

http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com/dl ... ilit=voted

Now, I know that he scored a ton in a couple of games down the stretch, but there were too many fluky plays for my taste. He'll run some in, but I don't believe he'll ever be a strong enough passer to have any kind of consistent fantasy value.

Fox hurts, but not much because the OC is the same. A little more conservative than McDaniels, but the O was very conservative for much of the time Tebow started in 2010 anyway. The biggest negative with Fox coming in is the possible lack of support as Tebow is the previous regime's guy.

And as to where to draft him, he's DND on my list but I could see him going off the board at about QB15-20 in startups this year.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:18 pm

I voted "average". I like Tim and especially his character but I'm not sure his style of play and accuracy will allow him to be relevant for the long haul.

eaglesfan
Starter
Starter

Postby eaglesfan » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:08 pm

Tebow showed some poise for a young quarterback and can definitely improve over the next couple of years. Sure, he could become a pretty good quarterback but it depends on the support he gets in Denver.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Darth Vader

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:21 pm

tstafford wrote:Fox - At best a push for Tebow - can't help. Commitment was from McDaniels. The biggest thing that needs to happen ASAP is for them to trade away Orton. Fox has proven he will play whoever he thinks can win games. Showed up in Carolina in 2002 and immediately put Rodney Peete in as the starter. . .Orton is super tempting to put back in.

Tebow - Zero upside. He's at best a QB2 in fantasy. That's my out on a limb opinion.
How can u say that tebow has ZERO upside?? hes a young guy who is still in the developmental stages of being a quality quarterback..He definitely has upside..Will he reach his upside is yet to be seen..but saying ZERO upside is just ridiculous
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

yumbo
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby yumbo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:23 am

I think Tebow is good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL, maybe not right now, but in another year or so. But, it may be that he gets thrown right into the fire, if Orton is traded. I'm not sure he will be over his head if he does start, i think he will be OK. So to me he will be a good fantasy QB, not a great one. Personally, I think they should keep Orton for at least another season.

You may have been born and bred in old Kentucky, but you're just a crumb up here! TM 3 Stooges

bdynomite
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bdynomite » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:37 am

Tebow is high risk but very high reward. Over the last 3 weeks of the season he led QBs in scoring.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:34 am

I think Tebow isn't good enough to complete 60% of his passes. He also isn't M.Vick carrying the ball, so I wouldn't want him on any of my teams. It takes 3-4 games for defensive coordinaters to get enough film to start getting together a good game plan. Once that happens, I hope those who aren't die hard Tebow fans have sold by then. On top of that, it seems to me that Orton fits J.Fox system way better then Tebow. J.Fox just needs a game manager QB to compliment his running game and convert the third downs when the running game doesn't. I don't think Tebow will ever be consistant enough to convert 3rd downs on a regular basis, so Orton is by far the better choice in Denver.

Madtoker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madtoker » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:17 am

MR ROURKE wrote: so Orton is by far the better choice in Denver.
As an Orton owner I hope so. :shock:

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:01 pm

Byron Leftwich with wheels. :P
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

49ersFaithful80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby 49ersFaithful80 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:32 pm

Theres no argueing that Tebow doesn't have elite top 5 QB potential in fantasy, he was the #1 fantasy QB in his 3 starts as a rookie.

Idk if any of you haters actually watched the games that he started, but he made ALOT of nice throws, along with some bad throws. I usually hate it when people say someone is a "winner" but if anyone is this kid is, I am convinced that if Tebow started the whole year he would have led the broncos to more wins that Orton did.

As far as the questions surrounding John Fox, Mike McCoy is still the OC and he will run the offense so im not too worried.

pntgvn2399
Captain
Captain

Postby pntgvn2399 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:08 pm

49ersFaithful80 wrote:Theres no argueing that Tebow doesn't have elite top 5 QB potential in fantasy, he was the #1 fantasy QB in his 3 starts as a rookie.

Idk if any of you haters actually watched the games that he started, but he made ALOT of nice throws, along with some bad throws. I usually hate it when people say someone is a "winner" but if anyone is this kid is, I am convinced that if Tebow started the whole year he would have led the broncos to more wins that Orton did.

As far as the questions surrounding John Fox, Mike McCoy is still the OC and he will run the offense so im not too worried.
I would argue that.. Also he was not the #1 QB in weeks 15 or 16, maybe for the last 3 weeks combined he was but he definitely was not those 2 weeks..

I have seen his games, I have seen his throws.. The kid may have all the character in the world to some people however he does not have a good arm or good accuracy at all.. If you too have seen the games you would know that there were A LOT of bad throws along with some nice throws (short little passes).. A lot of great effort in the part of his WR's, in particular Lloyd (that end zone grab on the wobbly duck pass).. In order to be an even "good" QB you have to be able to throw the ball.. He is not going to continue to run with success IMO and then will have to rely on his arm and for a guy who had a 49% completion percentage in those 3 games he started, well that is not a good thing..
Last edited by pntgvn2399 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- P. Manning, Wilson, Carr
RB- McCoy, Foster, Ball, Vereen, Tate, Ivory, C. Michael, L Murray
WR- Megatron, Dez, Watkins, Gordon, Cooks, Quick, Nicks, Bowe, Shorts, M Wilson
TE- Cameron, Donnel, Green
DT- Jernigan
DE- Campbell, Vernon, Nincovich, Casey, Griffen
LB- David, Shazier, Smith, Tulloch, McClain, Riley, Collins, Alonzo (IR)
CB- Cason, Sherman, McCourty
S- Pollard, Landry, Chancellor, Mathieu, McDonald

12 Team PPR IDP
Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex 3-4-4 D
QB- Kaepernick, Bortles
RB- Lynch, Bernard Vereen, J. Bell, Ivory, Michael, Robinson, L Murray
WR- Julio, Mi. Floyd, Crabtree, Woods, Lee, Nicks
TE- Graham, Green, Wright
DT- Joseph, Donald
DE- Quinn, C Jones, C Johnson, M Johnson, Clemons, Lawrence
LB-Worrilow, Dansby, Levy, Marshall , McClain, Bartu, Mauga, Alonzo (IR), Johnson (IR)
CB- Jospeh, Verner
S- Bethea, Jones, Blanton