Tim Tebow Thread: To the Jags TE Convert

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
atlmoneyman
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Tim Tebow to the Jags

Postby atlmoneyman » Thu May 13, 2021 5:37 am

Tebow will be 34 when the season starts. And trying to be a first time NFL TE. Good luck with that...

Spitfire McGee
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Spitfire McGee » Thu May 13, 2021 6:18 am

MFundercover wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:02 pm Pitts or Tebow guys?
:lol: :lol: :lol: This one is a coin flip for sure.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 13, 2021 6:31 am

atlmoneyman wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:37 am Tebow will be 34 when the season starts. And trying to be a first time NFL TE. Good luck with that...
Maybe he will be traded to Tampa and play with that grey beard or he can learn to be a long snapper then he could play for 5-10 years!

What is a bit funny is lumping him in a traditional TE role. Not a chance in hell that happens. He could be used in a H Back role without his hand in the dirt in red zone opportunities and on special teams but regardless considerable out of the box thinking is required.

My vote WATER BOY!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Thu May 13, 2021 6:40 am

Ice wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:31 am
atlmoneyman wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:37 am Tebow will be 34 when the season starts. And trying to be a first time NFL TE. Good luck with that...
Maybe he will be traded to Tampa and play with that grey beard or he can learn to be a long snapper then he could play for 5-10 years!

What is a bit funny is lumping him in a traditional TE role. Not a chance in hell that happens. He could be used in a H Back role without his hand in the dirt in red zone opportunities and on special teams but regardless considerable out of the box thinking is required.

My vote WATER BOY!
Team chaplain also would seem fitting

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:54 am

dustyroads wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:40 am

My vote WATER BOY!
There it is lol

I don't think there's any way he makes it on ST. He would have to be athletic for that

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 13, 2021 7:04 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:54 am

My vote WATER BOY!
There it is lol

I don't think there's any way he makes it on ST. He would have to be athletic for that
Long Snappers just love your take! :biggrin:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:15 am

Ice wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:04 am

There it is lol

Long snappers require a lot of skill AND consistency. There's no way Tebow comes in with 0 experience and is the long snapper

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu May 13, 2021 9:31 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:43 am I absolutely think it's unearned.

Who cares about what Tebow did in college? He was drafted, had a three-year NFL career and flamed out. He hasn't played a snap in 9 years. What type of meaningful locker room presence can he provide without any NFL production to a a group of grown bleep men, most of whom are better football players than him.

If you wanted to make Tebow an assistant or coach, then fine. I don't think that's a weird transition to being an NFL coach at all.

But, saying he's worth a roster spot after an almost 10-year hiatus from playing an NFL snap doesn't vibe, especially when it's at a position where he has no professional experience playing. There are likely undrafted TEs available who are better.
Agreed on all points! :!:

There is no way Tebow is better than any QB or TE already on their roster. If Urban wants to make him a coach, just make him a coach. This sideshow is beyond embarrassing for the franchise and borders on a display of organizational ineptitude.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Tre Tucker, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
IR: Mike Williams (WR), Joey Bosa (DL)
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu May 13, 2021 9:34 am

Spitfire McGee wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:07 am This is the only answer that makes sense:

https://www.nfl.com/news/hard-knocks-te ... s%20season.

The Jags are the only team that's publicly stated a desire to be the focus of a Hard Knocks season.
:idea:
You might just be right.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu May 13, 2021 9:39 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:55 am I like seeing someone like Tebow get a job because of who he is, rather than the plethora of turds like AB we’ve seen get jobs despite who they are.
The problem with this is there are millions of all-around great guys in America. And I'm sure there are thousands of younger guys, all-around good guys, with more recent football experience that would love a shot a making a roster this summer.

For all the bad things we can say about AB (and I've said more than my share) the one uncontroversial fact about him is AB has bonafide NFL-quality athletic ability. AB can play NFL football at a high quality level. Tebow couldn't do that even when he was 24, much less 34 after a 9 year time out.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu May 13, 2021 10:03 am

Anteaters wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:39 am
Ray Finkle wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:55 am I like seeing someone like Tebow get a job because of who he is, rather than the plethora of turds like AB we’ve seen get jobs despite who they are.
The problem with this is there are millions of all-around great guys in America. And I'm sure there are thousands of younger guys, all-around good guys, with more recent football experience that would love a shot a making a roster this summer.

For all the bad things we can say about AB (and I've said more than my share) the one uncontroversial fact about him is AB has bonafide NFL-quality athletic ability. AB can play NFL football at a high quality level. Tebow couldn't do that even when he was 24, much less 34 after a 9 year time out.
the "he's taking a spot from someone" thing is so weird to me. Theres clearly a value that Jax see's in signing Tebow. Whether its just a PR stunt, a locker room thing, or they actually believe he can find success on the field. Regardless of why though, they obviously felt like the value he is bringing is greater than the guy who's spot Tebow is "stealing"

the NFL isn't in the business of letting talent go unnoticed, if you can play, they'll find you. There are a lot of bad players in the NFL, Tebow isn't taking a spot from anyone anymore than those players are.

This all just seems like an excuse to hate on the guy for some reason.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Thu May 13, 2021 11:02 am

ThunderTung wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:03 am
Anteaters wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:39 am

the "he's taking a spot from someone" thing is so weird to me. Theres clearly a value that Jax see's in signing Tebow. Whether its just a PR stunt, a locker room thing, or they actually believe he can find success on the field. Regardless of why though, they obviously felt like the value he is bringing is greater than the guy who's spot Tebow is "stealing"

the NFL isn't in the business of letting talent go unnoticed, if you can play, they'll find you. There are a lot of bad players in the NFL, Tebow isn't taking a spot from anyone anymore than those players are.

This all just seems like an excuse to hate on the guy for some reason.
Exactly this. Rallying for unnamed/unknown players, assuming they have any talent let alone more than Tebow, who we can't even verify actually exist, under the assumption they do exist/have NFL level talent/Jax knows they exist and are explicitly not giving them a chance.... to be mad about Tebow not even making an actual final roster, just being one of the 2,880 people currently on NFL off-season rosters. Not taking into account all the players who were on active rosters last year, that leaves 1,184 open spots. Even taking out the 259 players drafted, that's 925 spots available to try and make a team this offseason. They lost .1% of their opportunity. Hard to not think there's something more to it...

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 13, 2021 11:29 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:15 am

There it is lol

Long snappers require a lot of skill AND consistency. There's no way Tebow comes in with 0 experience and is the long snapper
Where is that stupid Sarcasm Button; People think I was actually serious.... :wave:

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu May 13, 2021 12:09 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:03 am This all just seems like an excuse to hate on the guy for some reason.
I don't hate Tebow. He seems like a nice enough guy, although he comes across as very duplicitous and disingenuous at times.

That said, I'll drop my participation in this thread. I'm not here to crush Tebow fans' enjoyment of his headlines this week. I'm here for fantasy football. I'm sure we all agree that Tebow will have ZERO relevance for fantasy football owners in 2021 and forever more. If Urban wants to spend Khan's money dragging in flotsam off the NFL reject pile, it's no worry of mine. It's not my money and I'm not a Jaguars fan.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 13, 2021 12:23 pm

Ice wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:29 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:15 am

Where is that stupid Sarcasm Button; People think I was actually serious.... :wave:
Lol I knew it was sarcasm. I'm agreeing with you. Watching us let Morgan Cox go this off-season (to save a million or whatever) wasn't a good feeling