Nico Collins and Josh Palmer

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nico Collins and Josh Palmer

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu May 06, 2021 12:35 pm

Two bigger bodied WRs in a class of small WRs who got draft capital and landing spots better than the buzz the dynasty community gave them

Not particularly good production numbers but size and athleticism to suggest that if they hit--it'll likely be a big hit with some major upside

So do they look more like Miles Boykin or Chase Claypool to you (big WRs with physical upside but subpar production--obviously two different paths in the pros) and is either a value or reach at the 3rd round price tag that they are currently going for?

Definitely not the analytic darlings type but have draft capital currently going in a range of players without much

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Nico Collins and Josh Palmer

Postby Ice » Thu May 06, 2021 12:50 pm

Josh Palmer by a lot.

I have been trying to get him in my leagues. He was a good QB away IMO and he now has that big time. Think he has legit WR1 upside but he needs a bit of refinement.

Not much of a fan of Collins separation ability or route running personally.
Last edited by Ice on Thu May 06, 2021 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu May 06, 2021 12:54 pm

Collins looks more like jaelen strong than chase Claypool. Palmer I think is very interesting and has more suddenness to his game. Has the size you want and good but not great athleticism. Got the draft capital, got the landing spot with ascending Herbert and Williams will be gone in a year

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Thu May 06, 2021 1:20 pm

Watched a lot of Tennessee football over the years (yes it has been a downer most Saturdays) and Palmer has always struck me as a JAG.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:33 pm

I haven't watched any of the film but by the numbers I'd prefer Nico

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:39 pm

A bet on Nico is basically following the Peoples-Jones motif that whatever magical fairy dust Harbaugh had stashed during him time with Stanford and San Francisco was lost when he left SFO for Michigan. I can see targeting Nico in late round 2 or in round 3 of a 1QB league, I can see it in late round 3 or round 4 of a 2QB, though at this point, Id just rather flip those picks for another draft class unless I have the roster space. To me, Nico Collins basically makes sense if you're in a startup, or a tear down and you can afford to roster a guy for at least a year w/o having to boot him to waivers, otherwise you'll probably end up cutting him before we found out a real answer and someone else gets all the benefit (kinda like what happens typically whenever I draft a rookie TE).

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Thu May 06, 2021 4:25 pm

I lean Nico but I think both are victims (winners?) of a terrible draft class and have been elevated due to Senior Bowl being the only interaction any teams had with players. Both were wildly unproductive in college. Nico looks more fluid to me on film and has the edge athletically so I choose him. Plus he’s the opposite of Cooks and Keke. Palmer is a lesser version of Mike Williams IMO.

NY CAT
Captain
Captain

Postby NY CAT » Thu May 06, 2021 11:15 pm

Palmer looks like he will hit with Herbert as his QB. Palmet suffered with a bad QB but he torched top DBs such as Surtain.
Nice lottery ticket.

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:16 am

Been pushing Nico before the draft. Stated he was my "guy" that I thought could slide into day 2. Was called crazy for that take. Stated he would probably run in the 4.44s, was called crazy for that take. Think he was the better WR out of Nico and Peoples-Jones. Now I am gonna say he has a really good shot to be HOU #2 WR where they have no other players besides Cook. HOU defense did next to nothing to improve and the Texans will be throwing a lot just due to game script. I would place my money on Collins.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

🏆: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

🏆: 2023

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri May 07, 2021 11:37 am

I rolled the dice on Collins at 2.07 in a 1QB league. Was hoping Lance or Fields would fall to me, but they went at 2.04/205. It was between Collins and Amari Rodgers. I felt Collins has the higher ceiling, which is all I’m really looking for in the mid/late 2nd and beyond in a weak class like this.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Tue May 11, 2021 2:08 pm

I was gonna say faster JJAW for Nico but the Jaelen Strong comp works too. Not much interest in a normal fantasy league

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue May 11, 2021 7:53 pm

Throwing a 3rd name into this discussion, but anyone interested in Cornell Powell in KC? I'm not sure if Hardman is a WR2 so it could be open. Granted you're still behind Kelce, Hill, CEH for touches but is he worth a late flyer alongside these guys mentioned?
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue May 11, 2021 9:59 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:53 pm Throwing a 3rd name into this discussion, but anyone interested in Cornell Powell in KC? I'm not sure if Hardman is a WR2 so it could be open. Granted you're still behind Kelce, Hill, CEH for touches but is he worth a late flyer alongside these guys mentioned?
As a Chiefs fan we badly need a WR who isn't a sub 5'10'' dude drafted for no other reason than running fast in a straight line--someone capable of contested catches and with a route tree

Powell's profile in college kind of stinks with how late he broke out but in the 5th round if Andy likes a guy's tape I'm fine trusting him

I think Powell has a roster spot locked up and stands a very good shot at beating out Hardman/Robinson (though Pringle will be harder) for WR2 snaps--especially in the red zone

I don't think his role will be a particularly fantasy friendly one in terms of volume but he has opportunity and if he has a nice TD stretch over a couple weeks you can potentially sell him high off the hype of a WR tied to Mahomes and Reid

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu May 27, 2021 3:39 pm

Palmer based on QB play.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:15 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:53 pm Throwing a 3rd name into this discussion, but anyone interested in Cornell Powell in KC? I'm not sure if Hardman is a WR2 so it could be open. Granted you're still behind Kelce, Hill, CEH for touches but is he worth a late flyer alongside these guys mentioned?
With Watkins gone, the Hardman hype train got going again. However, Hardman is a very different type of receiver than Watkins was. Robinson actually is more likely to fill the Watkins role than Hardman is based on past usage. However, based on their activity, you can see the Chiefs aren’t sold on either of them filling that role. They went after Juju hard. They then went and grabbed two players who fit the Watkins style play profile in Antonio Calloway and Cornell Powell. I’m not sure if Powell will beat out Robinson for the job, but I did take a stab at him late in the startup draft. I’m definitely intrigued by the possibilities.