James Robinson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Re: Is James Robinson a dynasty buy?

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu May 06, 2021 1:26 pm

I'd be all for buying JRob cheap but this is nonsense.

There are several posters here who don't understand how to leverage ADP to retain value and still end up with the players they want. You can sell Arob and buy Jrob. You can believe in anyone you want and go get them for your team. You can go against all consensus and sell someone you don't believe in. But losing so much value is asinine.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:51 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:03 am This is like trading Keenan Allen for Marlon Mack after last year's draft
Nice analogy. Spot on.

This is why I didn't acquire JRob anywhere in season or after, something about draft capital+coaching change equals "scary as ---- draft day".

I had the identical concerns with my Miles Sanders shares, especially after the Eagles were repeatedly rumored to be going RB on day 2. Thankfully that didn't happen, but they did get a damn good RB. My problem was, I couldn't move Sanders for value that trumped how painful it would be if I moved him, and they drafted nobody. I had to way selling for basically 60-65 cents on the predraft $, or hold, and pray that they didn't draft anyone as good as him. They didn't. They did get a good player, and I fear that sanders, even if healthy, is gonna see a decline in touches in a typically healthy year (if he were to stay healthy) but I preferred that to the counters I got for the handful of offers I sent out. I never got close to market value, and with no ability to replace him with a legit RB in this class outside of the top 3-4, I had no interest.

Thankfully I'm down to 3 shares on my dynasty teams, I think, and 1 keeper share if I remember right (out of 15 teams). I sold one share in a 10 team deep 2QB league for a '22 1st and the '21 2.01, I could deal with that because I have another 6 starting RB's on that team (including Akers, Dobbins, and Taylor to name a few).

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:54 pm

JTLoh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:11 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:02 pm There are others too. Jerry Rice, Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, Marvin Harrison, Cris Carter, etc. It's happened more than you think.
Ok, yeah, I was way off on that one.
Not changing my mind on ARob passed 2021 though.
Lol no WR in the history of the NFL...
Credibility, meet window. I know you’ve had your eye on them ever since Arob for Robinson was mentioned the first time.
I’m all for a an undervalued/overvalued debate on either player. But only if it’s rational, this one went off the rails fairly quickly.
Last edited by sugbear65 on Thu May 06, 2021 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu May 06, 2021 2:17 pm

Actions speak louder than words.

Jacksonville's new GM (who was the interim GM during the season and director of pro personnel during the offseason they signed Robinson) and Urban Meyer clearly took no significant value in Robinson's rookie season, and turned around and spent a 1st on a RB, who also played in college with Lawrence for 3 years.

They drafted Etienne to be the guy. At best, Robinson will get second dibs as a power back in the offense. He'd obviously be in line for a full load if Etienne gets injured.

I don't see him as a buy.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu May 06, 2021 3:22 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:55 am Can't say I see that trade being a good one for you, and I own both guys. Give me the WR1 over an undrafted RB that probably just lost his job.
Exactly.

This is just an awful, awful, awful trade... you got taken to the cleaners.

Whatever you think of Fields, he is deadly accurate, and will be force-feeding ARob - a guy with back-to-back WR1 seasons that he achieved with Mitchell Trubiskey and Nick Foles. Fields is by FAR the best QB ARob has had in his career.

And you just sold him for an UDFA RB in a timeshare with a 1st Round RB with elite production metrics. Big yikes, friend.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Thu May 06, 2021 3:45 pm

mild wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:22 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:55 am Can't say I see that trade being a good one for you, and I own both guys. Give me the WR1 over an undrafted RB that probably just lost his job.
Exactly.

This is just an awful, awful, awful trade... you got taken to the cleaners.

Whatever you think of Fields, he is deadly accurate, and will be force-feeding ARob - a guy with back-to-back WR1 seasons that he achieved with Mitchell Trubiskey and Nick Foles. Fields is by FAR the best QB ARob has had in his career.

And you just sold him for an UDFA RB in a timeshare with a 1st Round RB with elite production metrics. Big yikes, friend.
Agree, I usually feel bad when I see posts of trades made that aren't good, cuz we all make em at some point and I try not to dunk too hard on those guys and make em feel worse.

But OP obviously just wanted us to pat him on the back for what he thought was a savvy trade, and when we didn't he called us delusional so all bets are off lol. Could have used AB to trade up and get ETN, and then he would have had the presumed RB1 in Jacksonville instead of the wildcard that is Jrob. Instead, now he has a RB who might be a backup for the rest of his career, and lost a valuable asset in Arob.

To OP: This isn't a team killing trade, but its not a good one, and I definitely don't see it helping you compete in the short or long term. Maybe you'll get lucky and Jrob will find a new team and have a decent year so you can flip him, but I imagine you'll look back on this trade in a few seasons and regret it
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Fri May 07, 2021 7:21 am

I'm a Robinson owner and I would be ecstatic to get Allen Robinson for him. There is still a path for him to be a good fantasy asset but the smart bet is to stay away. I'd buy low if the owner was jumping off a cliff but I'm not selling him for pennies.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 am

MFundercover wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:21 am I'm a Robinson owner and I would be ecstatic to get Allen Robinson for him. There is still a path for him to be a good fantasy asset but the smart bet is to stay away. I'd buy low if the owner was jumping off a cliff but I'm not selling him for pennies.
What are JRob owners selling for? mid 2nd? In a SF I'd still rather have the 2.08ish. I'm prefer Elijah Moore, Toney, Rondale Moore, and probably Terrace Marshall over him at this point. I'm leaning round 1/2 NFL capital over UDFA backup. After the guys mentioned above I'd start to be torn on Gainwell, Carter or Jrob. Also not sure about 2nd round NFL players like Eskridge and Tutu. Guys like Tuta and Eskridge are my line where I start to lean Jrob on the chance ETN takes the Penny path or gets injured, etc.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 07, 2021 7:52 am

Robinson is worth way more than Robinson

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Fri May 07, 2021 8:37 am

JTLoh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:03 am I do agree that a trade is unlikely this year (Most teams want 2 backs.), but after next, they'll want to trade him before he becomes FA.
Point was, there are a lot of factors.
ARob will be 28 when the season starts. JRob 23.
I was deep at WR, short at RB.
Probably trying to convince myself here, but I'd pay ARob for JRob all day and twice on Sunday right now.
In fact, gonna go put in some offers in other leagues as well. Nothing crazy, but you buy low, sell high, right?
I don't mean to be rude, but this was a terrible deal for you. Not sure why you made this trade ESPECIALLY after ETN being drafted to the Jags.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri May 07, 2021 8:52 am

Looks like the OP may have realized that he was in a deep hole and decided to stop digging.

At least hopefully that’s the case. When everyone around you tells you that you’re really hammered, it might be time to consider putting down the bottle.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Fri May 07, 2021 11:10 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 am
MFundercover wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:21 am I'm a Robinson owner and I would be ecstatic to get Allen Robinson for him. There is still a path for him to be a good fantasy asset but the smart bet is to stay away. I'd buy low if the owner was jumping off a cliff but I'm not selling him for pennies.
What are JRob owners selling for? mid 2nd? In a SF I'd still rather have the 2.08ish. I'm prefer Elijah Moore, Toney, Rondale Moore, and probably Terrace Marshall over him at this point. I'm leaning round 1/2 NFL capital over UDFA backup. After the guys mentioned above I'd start to be torn on Gainwell, Carter or Jrob. Also not sure about 2nd round NFL players like Eskridge and Tutu. Guys like Tuta and Eskridge are my line where I start to lean Jrob on the chance ETN takes the Penny path or gets injured, etc.
I have one share of James Robinson left. I’d sell for a mid to late 2nd.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Fri May 07, 2021 12:25 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:52 am Robinson is worth way more than Robinson
Finally!
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Fri May 07, 2021 1:55 pm

Sold him in a .5ppr league recently.

Sent: J. Robinson, 4.4, B. Snell
Received: L. Fournette, 2.10

Took A. St. Brown with the 2.10.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Herbert, J. Love
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Pierce, D. Singletary
WR: D. J. Moore, T. Higgins, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri May 07, 2021 2:03 pm

as somebody who went all in acquiring ARob in 2017 right after his injury, and I would make every on of my like 5 trades again. Although at the time I got bashed for Phillip Dorsett and a first, ended up being 1.11 and John Ross for Arob. If you like a guy go get him, but don't lose value and don't be emotional.

Although as someone down on the Fields consensus, I know hope I am wrong
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts