Terrace Marshall Jr

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Terrace Marshall Jr

Postby mild » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:01 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:36 pm Well, his PFF grade is also terrible, which is supposed to be based on player performance. And also I haven’t seen his reception perception charts but from Matt harmons tweets it seems he doesn’t score well in that either.
"Doesn't score well" is doing some great work for "dead last against Man out of all Rookies" and "2nd to last vs. Zone, behind only ARSB" here.

He's terrible by every metric we have for measuring.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:02 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:48 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:42 pm
Mjvb5 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:03 pm

This isn't the first time this has happened to a guy and won't be the last. Let's just say it's a really really bad track record and if anyone wants to "buy the dip" you should let them
I don't have him anywhere or tried to get him. Why would an owner be so willing to sell? Think I saw a bit from some thread (the rookie production thread?) that a WR producing so few yards per game is an indication the player won't pan out. Is there a reason based on the player's performance, itself?
Thats pretty much it, his rookie production(basically the best predictor of future success we have at this point in his career) says he has an incredibly high bust rate. More so than what I've seen him be called a buy at (late 2nd or early 3rd). Combine his name recognition with the risk associated and its likely you can get something of some value for him or add him onto somethibg for an upgrade.

The reality is holding these guys because wrs don't hit till year 3 is a bit or a fallacy and more often than not player's that are going to break out show something in there rookie year and also year 2 actually has a higher breakout rate .
I can understand tempering your pre season optimism, shifting him to the "upside" section of your roster rather than flex depth options, and all that. I'm just stunned with the idea that a player with an owner being willing to bail so quickly and cheaply on a player with his dynasty draft capital. He generally went late 1st and I saw someone give a future first to get him OTC.

On one hand, I see the value of adjusting to events and developments, but I also struggle with seeing the idea of turning this kind of hard 180 on a player, when people have this kind of conviction in him.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:15 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:02 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:42 pm
I don't have him anywhere or tried to get him. Why would an owner be so willing to sell? Think I saw a bit from some thread (the rookie production thread?) that a WR producing so few yards per game is an indication the player won't pan out. Is there a reason based on the player's performance, itself?
Thats pretty much it, his rookie production(basically the best predictor of future success we have at this point in his career) says he has an incredibly high bust rate. More so than what I've seen him be called a buy at (late 2nd or early 3rd). Combine his name recognition with the risk associated and its likely you can get something of some value for him or add him onto somethibg for an upgrade.

The reality is holding these guys because wrs don't hit till year 3 is a bit or a fallacy and more often than not player's that are going to break out show something in there rookie year and also year 2 actually has a higher breakout rate .
I can understand tempering your pre season optimism, shifting him to the "upside" section of your roster rather than flex depth options, and all that. I'm just stunned with the idea that a player with an owner being willing to bail so quickly and cheaply on a player with his dynasty draft capital. He generally went late 1st and I saw someone give a future first to get him OTC.

On one hand, I see the value of adjusting to events and developments, but I also struggle with seeing the idea of turning this kind of hard 180 on a player, when people have this kind of conviction in him.
See I guess my thing is I never had him higher than a mid 2nd. So to me snagging a latev2nd or 3rd isn't losing much value.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:02 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:15 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:02 pm

See I guess my thing is I never had him higher than a mid 2nd. So to me snagging a latev2nd or 3rd isn't losing much value.
Gotcha. If you drafted him as the perceived value play, not because you had a strong conviction about him, bailing for whatever value you can get makes sense.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:09 am

12t PPR, playoff team with a real shot

gave: Marshall and a 22 mid 3rd

got: Cooks and the 4.01
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:29 am

I have a couple offers out for a 3rd rounder. I was pretty high on him, so still see a future. I might be kidding myself though
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:34 am

i ain't getting a 2nd for him, might as well hold for one more season.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:09 pm

Got an offer of Jakobi Meyers+ a 3rd for him.

Would rather hold and just take the loss at that value.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:11 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:09 pm Got an offer of Jakobi Meyers+ a 3rd for him.

Really? I'd rather have meyers heads up. He hasn't been spectacular because of his one TD so far. But he's been very solid in what should be a growing passing attack

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:17 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:11 pm
halfbaked88 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:09 pm Got an offer of Jakobi Meyers+ a 3rd for him.

Really? I'd rather have meyers heads up. He hasn't been spectacular because of his one TD so far. But he's been very solid in what should be a growing passing attack
I'm probably too low on him. Final year of his rookie contract. Undrafted WR and I have long term concerns. I've seen some beloved team favorites who I thought were good players let go easily by NFL organizations in ways that have baffled me in the past. Undrafted guys just don't have any weight or backing when it comes to contracts and team stake.

Range of outcomes is he may turn into an overlooked, solid producer like a Hunter Renfrow, or he may end up on the Texans without a QB or something awful.

Rising salary caps may give some hope in Meyers case.

Marshall.... eh, if he turns in Denzel Mims or N'keal Harry, I'll just use him as a throw-in deal to get something done this summer or early next year. That's basically how I got him.

His value has tanked to the point where it's impossible to get any lower than this and it should stay there cause of his age and draft capital. Unless Carolina releases him....

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:50 am

I'm still a believer, outside of Moore the wr room is open. Obviously the QB room is a mess, but things change. I drafted him for what I thought was a high ceiling... The start is concerning, but ultimately that team has struggled and I'm willing to give him a pass for now.

Doubtful that I'd be looking to buy in most of my leagues as he was taken late 1st/early 2nd....owners tend to hold on to players taken in that range unless they can get a 1st, and can't see paying that today.

NeverEndingRebuild
Rookie
Rookie

Postby NeverEndingRebuild » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:52 pm

I can't get behind him. It's Denzel Mims all over again. great potential, but just keeps getting pushed down the depth chart.

I can definitely see Carolina looking outside of their current roster for their WR2 or WR3 if they decide to keep Robby.

Maybe their lack of early round draft picks may help him not get Raegor'ed or Mims'ed but don't count out FA signings (you got a big list of potential FAs in 2022 that can AT LEAST be a barrier on his development) to take his job as well.

Anyway, I only had him in a keeper league and already dropped him. But if I had him in Dynasty, I would definitely sell for whatever. A 3rd would be great.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:45 pm

NeverEndingRebuild wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:52 pm I can't get behind him. It's Denzel Mims all over again. great potential, but just keeps getting pushed down the depth chart.

I can definitely see Carolina looking outside of their current roster for their WR2 or WR3 if they decide to keep Robby.

Maybe their lack of early round draft picks may help him not get Raegor'ed or Mims'ed but don't count out FA signings (you got a big list of potential FAs in 2022 that can AT LEAST be a barrier on his development) to take his job as well.

Anyway, I only had him in a keeper league and already dropped him. But if I had him in Dynasty, I would definitely sell for whatever. A 3rd would be great.
I can agree the rookie year so far hasn’t been good, but man, a 3rd? I don’t see the point of that. I wouldn’t take a 2nd for him in the one league I got him in. Still wish I’d have taken Moore instead but I’m not gonna bail this early for nothing (I’ve never hit a damn thing on a 3rd hah)

Gotta think that team is looking at a QB upgrade next year.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:59 am

I liked him a lot but it's over

Guy can't even get onto the field

Like I can't even get behind why he isn't cuttable

This rookie season makes scrubs and bums like Ruggs, Reagor, Mims, Harry, etc look like decent players

That'll teach me to make excuses for production due to "crowded WR rooms"--then again Waddle balled out so IDK

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:04 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:59 am I liked him a lot but it's over

Guy can't even get onto the field

Like I can't even get behind why he isn't cuttable

This rookie season makes scrubs and bums like Ruggs, Reagor, Mims, Harry, etc look like decent players

That'll teach me to make excuses for production due to "crowded WR rooms"--then again Waddle balled out so IDK
Ruggs shouldn't be put in the same category as Reagor and Mims. He was having a fine year 2. He was on pace for well over 1,100 yards at 22 years old. He's not a Raider anymore, and I think he's trash, so no bias here, but Ruggs isn't in the same category as those 2. Ruggs was well on his way to being a viable WR2/3 in FF for years. He's just a bonehead, off field stuff was his issue, whereas the other two can't get on the field on their teams.

As for Marshall, year 1 was certainly not encouraging at all.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick