Terrace Marshall Jr

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Terrace Marshall Jr

Postby Ice » Wed May 05, 2021 7:59 am

sugbear65 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:46 am I’ll try not to hold it against him too much, situation changes quickly in the NFL. But ugh, that Carolina landing spot is putrid to me. I’ll put aside the fact they have Moore and Anderson in front of him. Anderson will prob be gone next year, and who’s to say Marshall isn’t just as, if not more, talented than them anyway.
It’s more the organization I don’t have faith in. It took them awhile to figure out Cam wasn’t the answer, especially an aging and beat up Cam. But to then go Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold in back to back seasons? Yuck. Why not draft your future franchise QB? Will they take one next year when they are inevitably picking early? Or ride out that guaranteed 5th year option and add “competition” like Andy Dalton or something. My guess is the latter. I just don’t have much faith in this organization.
I actually think the new Regime in Panthers have a specific plan for their offense. Jury is out on Darnold but he really had no legit chance on the mess that was the Jets. I like the landing spot.

The GM is brand new and Cam didn't pay for Rhule or Brady who were new last year. This team could be a fast riser IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Thu May 06, 2021 11:54 am

Ice wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:59 am
sugbear65 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:46 am I’ll try not to hold it against him too much, situation changes quickly in the NFL. But ugh, that Carolina landing spot is putrid to me. I’ll put aside the fact they have Moore and Anderson in front of him. Anderson will prob be gone next year, and who’s to say Marshall isn’t just as, if not more, talented than them anyway.
It’s more the organization I don’t have faith in. It took them awhile to figure out Cam wasn’t the answer, especially an aging and beat up Cam. But to then go Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold in back to back seasons? Yuck. Why not draft your future franchise QB? Will they take one next year when they are inevitably picking early? Or ride out that guaranteed 5th year option and add “competition” like Andy Dalton or something. My guess is the latter. I just don’t have much faith in this organization.
I actually think the new Regime in Panthers have a specific plan for their offense. Jury is out on Darnold but he really had no legit chance on the mess that was the Jets. I like the landing spot.

The GM is brand new and Cam didn't pay for Rhule or Brady who were new last year. This team could be a fast riser IMO.
Yup.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu May 06, 2021 12:36 pm

Love the fact that Brady is there. Obviously he has a plan for Marshall.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Thu May 06, 2021 12:38 pm

I love this guy. I highly recommend.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Thu May 06, 2021 12:40 pm

If Watson resolves his issues and puts his foot in the ground. I could see Panthers giving up CMC and some picks to get him.
Then Marshall stock is through the roof! Chuba too.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed May 19, 2021 3:31 pm

Occasionally I have heard grumblings from owners in 1 QB leagues that they dont like the back end of the 1st round of the draft - and then I see a guy like Terrace Marshall routinely in the 1.11-2.02 conversation and go to myself - why the heck not?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Wed May 19, 2021 3:36 pm

JTLoh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:40 pm If Watson resolves his issues and puts his foot in the ground. I could see Panthers giving up CMC and some picks to get him.
I think this would be nice for CAR, don’t see HOU making a trade for a RB and some late 1sts.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

🏆: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed May 19, 2021 3:53 pm

SStory93 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:36 pm
JTLoh wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:40 pm If Watson resolves his issues and puts his foot in the ground. I could see Panthers giving up CMC and some picks to get him.
I think this would be nice for CAR, don’t see HOU making a trade for a RB and some late 1sts.
Lol houston isn’t even getting that much back

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed May 19, 2021 4:59 pm

Didn't Cam Newton along with Rivera take Carolina to the playoffs in 4 out of 9 seasons, including a SB? Also during Cam Newton's rookie and last season where Can was injured, so basically 4 out of 7 seasons.

That is a putrid organization?

Cam Newton was Carolina best chance at success, unfortunately it didn't work out as injuries pilled up for Cam. I fail to see the putrid organization part of this.

Terrance Marshall is a good, not great prospect. I do think it's a great situation for him that he went to Carolina with Brady as the OC.

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:13 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:53 pm
SStory93 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:36 pm
Lol houston isn’t even getting that much back
If Watson situation clears, he will still having a decent asking price or Houston can sit. You're talking about a top 5 QB. There is really no strong need to move him right away, if he chooses to sit-out they can recoup cash. If he shows up to practice they can work it out from there. 2 1st is still a very real convo.

Not to mention you still have suitors: CAR, DEN, PHI, and MIA is still in the convo.

This is all a caveat that his situation clears up, which it clearly looks like it is doing. The NFL has already been lambasted by Buzbee for not taking the woman's claim serious enough. This implies that to save face the NFL will suspend Watson, but the allegations are not that credible. Buzbee has already been called out for "not wanting to settle" where the facts show the opposite. Watson price won't be TOP 3 pick and several more picks that he orignally has. But he hasn't dropped to 1st rd pick ether.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu May 20, 2021 9:19 am

Houston now has 4 other QB's on the roster. They obviously want to move him at this point or expect a suspension. The Panthers do make some sense in a trade which would help Marshall if healthy but still a lot of unknowns other than Watson is pretty much an idiot.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu May 20, 2021 9:52 pm

ArrylT wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:31 pm Occasionally I have heard grumblings from owners in 1 QB leagues that they dont like the back end of the 1st round of the draft - and then I see a guy like Terrace Marshall routinely in the 1.11-2.02 conversation and go to myself - why the heck not?
Im one of those grumblers :D . And while I do like Marshall, one cant ignore that he fell to the late 2nd, and has an injury history going back to highschool and never had the collegiate production I like to see over a full season. I like him, but there are others Id like to have more than him.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Fri May 21, 2021 5:03 am

Bot101 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:52 pm
ArrylT wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:31 pm Occasionally I have heard grumblings from owners in 1 QB leagues that they dont like the back end of the 1st round of the draft - and then I see a guy like Terrace Marshall routinely in the 1.11-2.02 conversation and go to myself - why the heck not?
Im one of those grumblers :D . And while I do like Marshall, one cant ignore that he fell to the late 2nd, and has an injury history going back to highschool and never had the collegiate production I like to see over a full season. I like him, but there are others Id like to have more than him.
There are certainly going to be some gems in the back end of the 1st, but what are your odds in finding that one surrounded by fools gold? I'm sure we all think we know which one will turn out to be a stud or at least a strong contributor, but the odds are probably in favor of finding a dud instead. I can see a good argument for and against all of the picks in the back end of the 1st. If I had a pick there, I would be OK with many of the options, but if I have an early pick, I'm pretty hesitant to drop back into the later 1st.

Kcarr
Captain
Captain

Postby Kcarr » Fri May 21, 2021 10:56 am

In 5 leagues marshall has gone:

2.03 (14 team superflex with heavy idp, went before I had any picks, my first was Elijah moore at 2.07)

2.07 (my pick 12 team superflex idp, one pick before after moore)

1.10 (14 team superflex idp with heavy devy depletion)

2.05 (my pick here, 12 team 2 qb heavy idp with about 15 devys having been removed from this drafts pool and each team having 1 devy right during the draft, really surprisednhe fell thus far)

1.17 (32 team idp)
4th and long: ppr, 10 team, qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, dl, dl, lb, lb, db, db, dflex, dflex

QB: Kirk Cousins Tyrod Taylor, Jared Goff
RB: Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Theo Riddick, D'Onta Foreman, James Conner, Jamal Williams
WR: Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, Jordan Matthews, Cole Beasley, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Breshad Perriman, Eli Rogers
TE: Eric Ebron, , David Njoku, Jack Doyle
K: Will Lutz
DL: Frank Clark, Danielle Hunter
LB: Luke Kuechley, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, Mark Barron, Darron Lee
DB: Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett,

IR: Clayton Geathers, Quincy Enunwa, Raekwon McMillan

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:12 pm

People seem VERY down on him through week 12 of his rookie year. Even seeing ridiculous comments that people will trade him for whatever value they can get to get away from him.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def