Harris vs. '20 RBs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Re: Harris vs. '20 RBs

Postby PR0v3 » Tue May 04, 2021 11:00 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:45 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:25 am Just a side observation unrelated to the OP.

Anyone else notice that in the majority of recent threads where some posters are whining about Taylor’s name being brought up in threads that it’s the guys doing the whining who first introduce his name into that thread?
I mean the point is valid though, Gibson is really really good but people use good games against bad teams to bash him, when thats the worst argument to use. Good players should kill good teams.

Anyway im not taking Najee over any of these guys, maybe dobbins, thats not a knock on Dobbins i just dont like the forever vulture Lamar being there, itll always cap his TD upside.
Yea, Derrick Henry had 38% of his 2000 yards against Houston and Jacksonville, then had 75, 57, and 40 yards when he played good Ds like Pittisburgh, Buffalo, and Baltimore. Nobody seems to think that's a problem with him though.

The reality is good players beat up on bad teams and tread water against good defenses. Bad players don't produce against anyone.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Wed May 05, 2021 1:41 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:57 pm Just shows you how being in a less talented positional draft can make you look better.' 1st rounder this year. Probably would've been a 2nd rounder last year.

I think I would have Taylor, Swift, Akers, CEH, and Dobbins still ahead of him.
:thumbup: I can totally get onboard with this position. Although I would have Etienne grouped with that top 5 from last year. I think if the 2021 versions of Harris and Etienne were in last year's draft, they would have been day 2 picks.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

abecksta
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abecksta » Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 am

I swear every Najee post just reads like people trying to get him to fall to 1.02.

This is a man who has been a top RB prospect for years. Damn near the Trevor Lawrence of rbs.

Are we really letting a bad line and qb situation deter us?

Pedigree, draft capital, and character. That's enough for me.

Same tier as Taylor.

Doubt it if you want.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri May 07, 2021 9:29 am

abecksta wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 am I swear every Najee post just reads like people trying to get him to fall to 1.02.

This is a man who has been a top RB prospect for years. Damn near the Trevor Lawrence of rbs.

Same tier as Taylor.

Doubt it if you want.
Yeah I'm with ya. Barkley is a top 3-5 guy even though his O-line was well below average.

Great players can also make the players around them elevate their game. It's possible that Harris starts playing and the O-line gets better as the season goes on.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri May 07, 2021 9:30 am

abecksta wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 am I swear every Najee post just reads like people trying to get him to fall to 1.02.

Same tier as Taylor.

Doubt it if you want.
Except he literally hasn't considering he didn't produce at the level Taylor did as a freshman until he was a 22 year old running over little kids

Hence why the graded him below the top 5 last year and he returned to school

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri May 07, 2021 9:49 am

Same tier as Taylor.

Doubt it if you want.
He was an elite high school prospect who probably would've had a better career if he didn't go to a school with Damien Harris and Josh Jacobs already there. But, I don't think Najee was viewed as anything close to an all-time RB prospect at any point in his career, as Lawrence is viewed as an all-time QB prospect.

He didn't run the 40 at his pro day, which is somewhat of a red flag because 40 times are usually faster at pro days.

Regardless, he's a good talent going into a high volume situation, so the upside is there to have an RB1 season right away.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:53 am

Same tier as Taylor except the size, the speed, the college production, age drafted and situation he was drafted into. Other than that, they're the same.

PS: sorry Ice

abecksta
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abecksta » Fri May 07, 2021 10:04 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:30 am

Same tier as Taylor.

Doubt it if you want.
Except he literally hasn't considering he didn't produce at the level Taylor did as a freshman until he was a 22 year old running over little kids

Give me the Bama crucible over breakout age. I understand percentages blah, blah blah. I think that the people aspect of football is becoming severely underrated in dynasty considerations. I'm all for spreadsheets but sometimes its more fun to just go with your gut and trust your eyes. If najee isn't a rb1 in dynasty it's gonna be because of injuries not a late breakout age.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri May 07, 2021 12:31 pm

3 offensive limeman, the quarterback and two WR's just were drafted into the NFL from Harris's 2020 offense. I will believe my eyes when he performs on a line that DeCastro is tthe only guy I have heard of. Oh also with an aging immobile QB. I am not saying he ;acks talent and can't overcome those hurdles, but I have real concerns
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri May 07, 2021 12:38 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:31 pm 3 offensive limeman, the quarterback and two WR's just were drafted into the NFL from Harris's 2020 offense. I will believe my eyes when he performs on a line that DeCastro is the only guy I have heard of. Oh also with an aging immobile QB. I am not saying he lacks talent and can't overcome those hurdles, but I have real concerns
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri May 07, 2021 1:13 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:31 pm 3 offensive limeman, the quarterback and two WR's just were drafted into the NFL from Harris's 2020 offense. I will believe my eyes when he performs on a line that DeCastro is tthe only guy I have heard of. Oh also with an aging immobile QB. I am not saying he ;acks talent and can't overcome those hurdles, but I have real concerns
I agree, Pittsburgh as a run game situation isn't as great as it used to be, but still...he has no real competition, they used a first on him and he could approach elite volume barring injury.

Maybe he's more Melvin Gordon than prime Todd Gurley, but still someone that's walking into instant production

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri May 07, 2021 3:24 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:53 am Same tier as Taylor except the size, the speed, the college production, age drafted and situation he was drafted into. Other than that, they're the same.

PS: sorry Ice
I figure by this time next year Taylor will be so much better than Brown ever thought about being that the HOF will change the rules and let him in after his sophomore season.

Dude will probably have his own wing before his 2nd contract after 3k rushing seasons back to back!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri May 07, 2021 6:26 pm

abecksta wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:04 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:30 am

Same tier as Taylor.

Doubt it if you want.

Give me the Bama crucible over breakout age. I understand percentages blah, blah blah. I think that the people aspect of football is becoming severely underrated in dynasty considerations. I'm all for spreadsheets but sometimes its more fun to just go with your gut and trust your eyes. If najee isn't a rb1 in dynasty it's gonna be because of injuries not a late breakout age.
OK but that's pretty different when you're talking about comparing him to being a Trevor Lawrence quality of prospect for years.

If it were allowed Lawrence could have come out after his freshman season and been the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft and the 1.01 in superflex fantasy drafts.

Najee even after his junior year while playing the most sought after fantasy position was a guy that probably would have gone in the 1.08-1.12 range in fantasy drafts if he'd come out last year.

Just not even the slightest bit comparable.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

MaddMadden
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MaddMadden » Fri May 07, 2021 7:34 pm

Chwf3rd wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:19 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:57 pm Just shows you how being in a less talented positional draft can make you look better.' 1st rounder this year. Probably would've been a 2nd rounder last year.

I think I would have Taylor, Swift, Akers, CEH, and Dobbins still ahead of him.
Pretty sure Najee would've been a 3rd if he came out last year. He improved a lot this past year. Now if he had this season as a junior and came out in 2020, he'd probably be right there with the big 5.
So Najee is basically, Zach Moss/ AJ Dillon but on a wide open PIT depth chart with an aging QB who had Tommy John and a weak O Line?

I'm not trying to be facetious, but agree with the sentiment. RB hype goes to the moon. Just like every year there is the next Tyreke Hill, every year there is the next Derrick Henry.

I prefer Etienne to Harris for his HR ability and because he was handpicked by Urban Meyer. I'm not fooled by the convoluted committee chatter.

That's just me.
10 team half-PPR league. Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX, K, 2DE, DT, 2LB, S, CB, 2IDP. 40man roster. Salary Cap pinned to NFL.

2022 picks: 1st, 3rd
2023 picks: 2 1st, 2 2nd, 3 3rd, 2 4ths

Players under contracts 2021 (years)
QB: K. Murray (3), T. Lance (4)
RB: S. Barkley (4), C. Edwards-Helaire (3+1), J. Jacobs (4), M. Davis (1), D. Henderson (1), AJ Dillon (3), Z. Moss (3), T. Pollard (2), T. Etienne (4)
WR: DK Metcalf (2), C. Ridley (2), T. McLaurin (2), J. Chase (4), R. Bateman (4), E. Moore (4), R. Moore (4), J. Reagor (3), B. Edwards (3), KJ Hamler (3)
TE: G. Kittle (3), A. Trautman (3)
K: Y. Koo (1)
DE: D. Hunter (1), C. Young (3+1), J. Bosa (2), J. Allen (2), K. Paye (4)
DT: A. Donald (2), Q. Williams (3)
LB: D. Leonard (2), R. Smith (3), F. Warner (3) P. Queen (3), I. Simmons (3), J. Davis (4)
S: D. James (2), R. Grant (4)
CB: K. Moore (2)

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:13 pm
murphysxm wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:31 pm 3 offensive limeman, the quarterback and two WR's just were drafted into the NFL from Harris's 2020 offense. I will believe my eyes when he performs on a line that DeCastro is tthe only guy I have heard of. Oh also with an aging immobile QB. I am not saying he ;acks talent and can't overcome those hurdles, but I have real concerns
I agree, Pittsburgh as a run game situation isn't as great as it used to be, but still...he has no real competition, they used a first on him and he could approach elite volume barring injury.

Maybe he's more Melvin Gordon than prime Todd Gurley, but still someone that's walking into instant production
I think the Melvin Gordon comp is a good one in terms of talent and production.