Anthony Firkser - starting TE in Tenn

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Anthony Firkser - starting TE in Tenn

Postby jdacunha » Sun May 02, 2021 1:41 pm

What no love for this kid? Tenn let Smith leave, didn’t bring anyone in or draft anyone.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

fourdeans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Anthony Firkser - starting TE in Tenn

Postby fourdeans » Sun May 02, 2021 2:01 pm

I've been holding onto him. Hope he has a huge year.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun May 02, 2021 2:07 pm

I’d sell on the high if I could. I doubt he becomes anything beyond the typical cluster at the position.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Sun May 02, 2021 4:01 pm

There are teams in the NFL that do absolutely nothing in fantasy at the TE position. Tennessee likely is going to be one of them.

Just because the depth chart explodes and your left with the remaining garbage doesn't mean it's going to turn to gold.

I'd treat Firkser as a flyer - borderline clogger territory. Vacated targets are earned through talent. If anything AJ Brown is just going to get 30% target share and I'm praying Josh Reynolds can give Tannehill some help.

I am a little worried for that passing efficiency now and passing for 2-3 TDs a game otherwise Tannehill's likely to regress. He may resort to rushing more though which should provide a floor.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun May 02, 2021 7:11 pm

I'm not expecting much from Firkser. He'll be serviceable, but not a difference maker IMO.

To Halfbaked88, I think Josh Reynolds might just surprise some people in 2021. He was buried, and underutilized in LA and he's a solid jump-ball WR with pretty good route running skills.

I think he's more than capable of bringing what Corey Davis brought to the team, and his value will rise on that increased production. Is he going to be a stud? I don't think so. But he'll fit in well with the organization and keep that ship humming along. Tannehill will be just fine.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun May 02, 2021 7:22 pm

halfbaked88 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:01 pm There are teams in the NFL that do absolutely nothing in fantasy at the TE position. Tennessee likely is going to be one of them.

Just because the depth chart explodes and your left with the remaining garbage doesn't mean it's going to turn to gold.

I'd treat Firkser as a flyer - borderline clogger territory. Vacated targets are earned through talent. If anything AJ Brown is just going to get 30% target share and I'm praying Josh Reynolds can give Tannehill some help.

I am a little worried for that passing efficiency now and passing for 2-3 TDs a game otherwise Tannehill's likely to regress. He may resort to rushing more though which should provide a floor.
I think you're going to be sadly disappointed if you're relying on Reynolds to bring anything to the table. Too casual, didn't fight for the ball, just no spark.

Maybe a change in scenery will wake him up.

halfbaked88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby halfbaked88 » Mon May 03, 2021 2:56 am

Hence the prayer. I don't own Reynolds; definitely not a fan. I have Tannehill and mainly concerned about losing Corey Davis and Jonnu.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon May 03, 2021 3:36 am

i'd be ery surprised if they start the season without adding WRs (admittedly i don't know much about the ones they drafted). that said, i'm often surprised by nfl teams...
anyway, someone like westbrook and a slot guy (tate, crowder if the jets cut him) could still be on the cards. could also add a TE (fells, burton, ...), they were the team with the most 2TEs sets in the league.