Aaron Rodgers - are we RELAX-ed?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jfever
Legend
Legend

Rodgers has a "statement" game

Postby Jfever » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Very impressive effort. 6 Td's no picks and 338 yds passing vs Houston at their place. I doubt too many people are wondering whats up with Rodgers anymore. I'm a diehard Vikes fan but man... as a Rodgers owner -it is fun to watch when he is on like he is tonight.
:cheers:
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

NJKV
Starter
Starter

Re: Rodgers has a "statement" game

Postby NJKV » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:19 pm

JFever wrote:Very impressive effort. 6 Td's no picks and 338 yds passing vs Houston at their place. I doubt too many people are wondering whats up with Rodgers anymore. I'm a diehard Vikes fan but man... as a Rodgers owner -it is fun to watch when he is on like he is tonight.
:cheers:
I know this isn't fantasy related too much but our defense has stepped up too. And it is great to watch Rodgers sling it.

Sharktank
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sharktank » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:41 pm

It was great to see in my league. The 0-5 team was down by a ton and Aaron Rodgers brought him home his first victory pretty much single handedly.
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 2DL, 3LB, 2DB
12 Teams 1 PPR IDP

QB - A. Rodgers, Eli, Bridgewater
RB - ADP, Ellington, T.Gerhart, B.Rainey, S.Taylor
RB - Gio, McKinnon, Turbin, D. Robinson, K.Davis,K.Moreno (ir)
WR - Megatron, P.Harvin, M.Wheaton, A. Holmes
WR - A.Jeffrey, B.Marshall, J. Blackmon, Marvin Jones
WR - A. Brown, Beckham Jr, H. Nicks
TE- J.Graham, T.Kelce, Harbor
DL - J.Casey, G.Hardy, M.Dareus, W.Young
LB - P.Willis, L.David, J.Houston, B.Marshall, D.Davis
DB - E.Berry, K. Vacarro (R), E.Thomas, A.Cason

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:52 am

Sharktank wrote:It was great to see in my league. The 0-5 team was down by a ton and Aaron Rodgers brought him home his first victory pretty much single handedly.
I was that 0-5 team in my league. Opponent still has Decker & Tamme to go, but I'm liking my chances.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

jlasaf2007
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Rodgers gap closing?

Postby jlasaf2007 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:29 pm

The last couple years, Rodgers was the clear-cut QB of choice and pretty much uncontested. Is it just me, or is the gap closing? He still is the #1 qb IMO, but it just seems like he could lose that spot sometime in The not too distant future. He had 6 games the first 12 weeks where he scored less than 20 points. And he also puts up a 50+ game vs HOU. Definitely whas won some games for you this year, but also had some pretty bad drinkers in there too.

What is everyone else's thoughts on this? Is the gap closing? Is there any other qb you could see being taken ahead of him in start-ipsnext year?
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -Albert Einstein

"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." -Matthew 10:16

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Rodgers gap closing?

Postby lukeb » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Depends on scoring. In a 4 pt league, I prefer RG3. 6 pt Rodgers is still king.
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Rodgers could definitely lose the spot to RG3 or Luck. While he'll also be among the top, it may not always be unanimous. Someone always comes along and takes over

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:56 pm

If Stafford didn't have 4 drops a game and usually 1 in the endzone then he might start getting into the discussion. Thomas and Megatron didn't make catches that they should have today.

Then they just used conservative play calling and they lost because of it.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:36 pm

We wouldn't be having this conversation if Christian Ponder didn't stink so bad, Vikings Run defense suck so bad, and Packers uncharacteristically run the ball more than they have all season thus far.

Rodgers is still the number one fantasy qb. Could he get passed up? sure, everyone does. The real question is how long will Rodgers be a top 3 or 4 producing qb? Answer is probably 5-6 years since he turned 29 today - and in that time his value will likely barely drop. So.... really no worries unless you are in a rebuilding mode and want to sell him off this offseason for a kings ransom. Could RGIII, Luck, Stafford, or some other young qb improve and have a better / higher scoring season - sure, but who knows which one and Trade deadlines likely were done in most leagues today.

Plus hard fought Inter-division games sometimes skew fantasy results. In a vaccum, I wouldn't trade Rodgers straight up for any single qb in the league, but in the league I own him I'd consider myself a contender.
:2cents:

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

jlasaf2007
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jlasaf2007 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:12 am

JFever wrote:We wouldn't be having this conversation if Christian Ponder didn't stink so bad, Vikings Run defense suck so bad, and Packers uncharacteristically run the ball more than they have all season thus far.
Rodgers is still the number one fantasy qb. Could he get passed up? sure, everyone does. The real question is how long will Rodgers be a top 3 or 4 producing qb? Answer is probably 5-6 years since he turned 29 today - and in that time his value will likely barely drop. So.... really no worries unless you are in a rebuilding mode and want to sell him off this offseason for a kings ransom. Could RGIII, Luck, Stafford, or some other young qb improve and have a better / higher scoring season - sure, but who knows which one and Trade deadlines likely were done in most leagues today.

Plus hard fought Inter-division games sometimes skew fantasy results. In a vaccum, I wouldn't trade Rodgers straight up for any single qb in the league, but in the league I own him I'd consider myself a contender.
:2cents:
To be honest, I hadn't even looked at his stats against the Vikings. I typically try not to overreact too much to one good or bad...this has more to do with a season-long trend.

Rodgers has always gotten a bump because of his rushing and rushing TD's...especially in 4 pt passing TD leagues. As a passer, he's somewhere around 4300 yards and 35 TDs. As a runner, he's been 300 yards and 4 TDs. My concern has always been that as he gets older, his rushing stats would dwindle.

This season, it looks like he will probably hit his passing yards/TDs, but his rushing yardage is down a tad (not that concerning) and he has no rushing TDs.

Again, I still think Rodgers is the #1 QB right now, but does anyone else have concerns about what his stat line looks like if his rushing continues to dwindle?
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -Albert Einstein

"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." -Matthew 10:16

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:55 am

I'd be "a little" concerned but nothing really to worry about as I view rushing td's by a qb like rodgers to be a bit unpredictable and circumstantial. I like the low number of ints that Rogers is known for. Less negative plays from him than most "elite" qbs. I'll admit though... he has put up a couple clunkers. We play a double header schedule and it looks as if I'll end up going 21-5 if I can get 13 points out of Cruz tonight. 2 of my 5 losses were imo due to a 10.6 point effort week 2 from Rodgers, 1 loss was during his bye as I had Locker start, and the other 2 loses came in a perfect storm where he had 15 points, Maclin got skunked, and the Texans Def had neg points... Ugh... In all fairness though, the 1st seeded team is lights out good and to only be 1 game behind, I feel, is an accomplishment.

To sum it up.. yeah, his gap is closing. But, qb gaps close slow. He is still the fantasy #1Qb. He might not be in a year or two but he'll still likely be a top 3 or 4 for several years. I'm comfortable sticking with that opinion. Maybe others will have a differing opinion.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:00 am

balaberda wrote:If Stafford didn't have 4 drops a game and usually 1 in the endzone then he might start getting into the discussion. Thomas and Megatron didn't make catches that they should have today.

for every "drop" Megatron had, he made a crazy circus catch that only Megatron could make. BTW how can you talk drops regarding Megatron after defending Finley so much??? lol
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

mnpacker
Captain
Captain

Postby mnpacker » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:58 am

balaberda wrote:If Stafford didn't have 4 drops a game and usually 1 in the endzone then he might start getting into the discussion. Thomas and Megatron didn't make catches that they should have today.

The same could be said for Rodgers. He has to deal with many drops during his games, as well. His TE is Finley. Need I say more.
Team 1 - 12 Team, 24 roster spots - 0.5 PPR (0.75 PPR -TE). Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 DST
QB- L.Jackson, Fields, Stafford, Purdy
RB- M.Carter, Mattison, Mostert, L.Murray, D.Jackson, K.Ingram, Z.White, T.Chandler
WR- Lamb, Godwin, Olave, J.Meyers, Ridley, Hodgins
TE- Kittle, Kmet, Dulcich, Okonkwo
Picks:
2023 - 1.01, 1.06, 1.12, 2.06, 3.04, 3.11, 4.03, 4.06
2024 - 1,1,1,2,3,3,4,4
League Champion: 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Team 2 - 12 team, 18 Roster spots (max of 7 RB, 7 WR), 0.5 PPR, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DST
QB - Watson, G.Smith
RB - Barkley, Mixon, N.Harris, Pollard, Penny, J.Mason
WR - D.Adams, K.Allen, AJ Brown, Godwin, London, S.Moore, N.Collins
TE - Kelce, McBride
Picks:
2023 - 1.07, 2.09, 3.06
2024 - 1,2,3
League Champion: 2021

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:37 am

Hahaha. I stopped defending Finley a long time ago. And now he is starting to earn a small part in my heart again with his recent play hahaha.

But come on now with Megatron. The guy is a beast but there were two balls he should have caught. I don't care about the ones he shouldn't have (he gets passes on those if he drops them).

One ball hit him the damn helmet. And another ball dropped 1 foot in front of his mask when the Lions were trying to run out the clock. Gutsy play and a great throw and he wasn't even looking on either.

A great stat line should have the ** beside it and I guarantee he would say the same.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:58 am

balaberda wrote:Hahaha. I stopped defending Finley a long time ago. And now he is starting to earn a small part in my heart again with his recent play hahaha.

But come on now with Megatron. The guy is a beast but there were two balls he should have caught. I don't care about the ones he shouldn't have (he gets passes on those if he drops them).

One ball hit him the damn helmet. And another ball dropped 1 foot in front of his mask when the Lions were trying to run out the clock. Gutsy play and a great throw and he wasn't even looking on either.

A great stat line should have the ** beside it and I guarantee he would say the same.
Yeah Finley had a drop, then came back with a good catch and did his idiotic dance. I swear I saw Rodgers rolling his eyes.

Does anyone have access to drop stats? I am curious what Megatrons are.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0