Aaron Rodgers - are we RELAX-ed?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
HereForTheComments
Captain
Captain

Re: Aaron Rodgers - are we RELAX-ed?

Postby HereForTheComments » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:00 am

They made a joke of the preseason and now they are paying for it. How many times did we hear of Rodgers practicing with the "scout team" and not with the 1's? If this offense is all about timing, then McCarthy is a moron for allowing his team to not build the chemistry that was necessary. Especially after the performance his team put together last year.
Team 1: 10th Year: 10 Team, PPR
2014: 3rd, 2015: 2nd, 2016: League Champion, 2017: 7th, 2018: 3rd, 2019: 5th, 2020: League Champion, 2021: 4th, 2022: 5th

QB: Aaron Rodgers Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy
RB: Tony Pollard, Cam Akers, Ezekiel Elliott, Javonte Williams, Kyren Williams, Chuba Hubbard
WR: CeeDee Lamb, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Allen Lazard , Michael Gallup, Donavan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Boyd, Romeo Doubs, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, VDS
TE: Dalton Shultz, Mike Gesicki

2019 picks: 1.1, 2.3, 3.5
2024 picks:
Round 1: (1)
Round 2: (1)
Round 3: (1)

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:11 am

Are 16 games, the equivalent of one regular season, long enough to say a quarterback has slipped? That should go without saying.
Rodgers hasn’t been the same player since Game 7 last season when the Packers, a three-point favorite, went to Denver and were crushed, 29-10.

"I haven’t had my butt kicked like that in a long time," said coach Mike McCarthy, but Rodgers might have said the same thing after throwing for a career-low 77 yards.

That was the start of a 16-game stretch – 12 last year, four this year – in which Rodgers’ level of play, so outstanding season after season, has fallen.

Working backward, Rodgers’ career was divided into eight 16-game segments, playoff games included. The two games in which he departed early because of injury also were counted. The eight 16-game segments totaled 128 starts; left out were the first eight starts of his career in 2008.

The decline in Rodgers’ statistics in the most recent 16-game segment is startling, if not shocking.

Start with passer rating. His 83.6 mark in the last 16 games doesn’t even begin to compare to his previous seven segments, which are listed here in reverse chronological order: 110.0, 105.5, 113.0, 110.9, 115.5, 98.6 and 98.5.

Now check out completion percentage. His mark of 56.8 percent in the last 16 games was preceded by 65.1, 66.5, 66.9, 66.6, 69.2, 65.2 and 63.3.

Look at yards per attempt. His mark of 6.04 in the last 16 games was preceded by averages of 8.20, 8.20, 8.36, 8.25, 8.77, 7.96 and 8.07.

His passing yards (3,677) and touchdowns (29) in the last 16 games were the lowest of the eight segments, and his interception total of 10 was his highest since the first two segments of his career.
http://www.kare11.com/sports/has-aaron- ... /337062691

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:05 am

He had a decent game, and could have had 5 touchdowns if his WRs could hang onto the ball.

He's still not back, but this was a good start.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:29 am

I'd use this as an opportunity to sell. I was going against him in three leagues, so this is just part of my cursing him.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:30 am

If the Packers played against a semi-competent team last night Aaron would have been demolished because of how 1 dimensional their offense was. They couldn't punch the ball in from the 1 yard line. Every time they got in the redzone Aaron was to hesitant on his reads and would just throw it away without trusting his WRs. Even when they weren't in the redzone the Bears would drop 7 or 8 guys into coverage and make Aaron throw questionable passes. They got a lot of their yards the first half on PI's and broken plays.

The score was 6-3 at halftime and the packers were playing against the Bears 3rd string QB... I also think his fumbling habits are worrisome, he's fumbled the ball 6 times already in his first 6 games this year resulting in 3 turnovers.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:58 am

Lotto4Life wrote:I'd use this as an opportunity to sell.
Sell for what? I'm not disagreeing, but where would anyone go? Rodgers isn't a top 3 QB so far, but he still is top 10. Here are the other QBs in the top 10. Which of these are you far more confident in that you'd be OK trading for:

Luck
Brees
Stafford
Carr
Rivers
Mariota
Cousins
Roethlisburger
Ryan
Cam

Matt Ryan is starting to find his stride, but it's only been 6 games. He has a full career behind him of fast starts of season-long failures. Everyone else is a pass for me.

Tom Brady is the only one I'd want, but he's most-likely owned by another team who needs him this year to compete.

Cam is a great one to trade for, but again, someone who owns him wouldn't do a lateral move for a player who is much older.

So while I don't disagree on the "sell high" comment, I just don't know how someone would be able to do that given the current stock at QB.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:11 am

MEuRaH wrote:
Lotto4Life wrote:I'd use this as an opportunity to sell.
Sell for what? I'm not disagreeing, but where would anyone go? Rodgers isn't a top 3 QB so far, but he still is top 10. Here are the other QBs in the top 10. Which of these are you far more confident in that you'd be OK trading for:

Luck
Brees
Stafford
Carr
Rivers
Mariota
Cousins
Roethlisburger
Ryan
Cam

Matt Ryan is starting to find his stride, but it's only been 6 games. He has a full career behind him of fast starts of season-long failures. Everyone else is a pass for me.

Tom Brady is the only one I'd want, but he's most-likely owned by another team who needs him this year to compete.

Cam is a great one to trade for, but again, someone who owns him wouldn't do a lateral move for a player who is much older.

So while I don't disagree on the "sell high" comment, I just don't know how someone would be able to do that given the current stock at QB.
If Rodgers is in the top 10, how are there 10 other QBs in the top 10?....... :D

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:23 am

Saying Rodgers didn't trust his reads at the one yard line is laughable.

Because of how one dimensional they were - the Bears knew the pass was coming. Not a single WR had a creative route and they were blanketed in coverage with no separation.

Rodgers has always been one that will not force it and throw an interception; like someone like Luck. If nobody is open Rodgers has always thrown it away and moved on to the next play, this is not some new development.

With that said; he was 20 of 26, little under 200 yards and threw 3 TDs in the second half.

I expect the Packers to continue to be a heavy passing team and on volume alone Rodgers may become an elite startable option again.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:45 am

perhaps its the changing of the guard?

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:08 am

sloth8u wrote:perhaps its the changing of the guard?
Maybe for the Packers receiving corps, but not for Rodgers. He's still a top 3 QB in the NFL. I'm thinking the Packers draft a receiver early this year. They need someone to pair with Cobb and Jordy may not be able to cut it anymore.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:51 am

dynastyninja wrote:
sloth8u wrote:perhaps its the changing of the guard?
Maybe for the Packers receiving corps, but not for Rodgers. He's still a top 3 QB in the NFL. I'm thinking the Packers draft a receiver early this year. They need someone to pair with Cobb and Jordy may not be able to cut it anymore.
lol...your seeing it before your very eyes!.. arod is just n0w entering his prime. the team is not the same, and there are adjustments to be made. sorry to say this...but maybe jordy is good....but he isnt the play maker.

my guess is....adams takes the predominant role. but ive been waiting/saying, swating on this for 2 yrs.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:31 am

Green Bay needs an RB or a TE than another WR. I think Nelson will be back next year.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:13 am

Cameron Giles wrote:Green Bay needs an RB or a TE than another WR. I think Nelson will be back next year.
no....the days of jordy nelson have changed! long term here...mont and adams may steal cobb's targets in the slot.

in terms of fantasy...this is a buy time for all those involved.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:22 am

I still have a hard time trusting Adams - but he's certainly going to see volume, and he's starting to get a lot of red zone looks.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:41 pm

Dookmariot wrote:I still have a hard time trusting Adams - but he's certainly going to see volume, and he's starting to get a lot of red zone looks.
He looked great yesterday. Sure, it was against a beaten up Bears defense, but that first touchdown was money and he had a few catches in traffic, which has generally been his weakness. He's still not getting great separation, but I think that has more to do with the offense being one dimensional.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker