Aaron Rodgers - are we RELAX-ed?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Aaron Rodgers - Trade Value

Postby bruiser » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:04 am

I just dealt him 2 days ago for Brees and 2016 1st (probably mid-round). I probably raised some eyebrows in that I didn't get enough for Rodgers, but sometimes there is no market or willing buyers (I won the league last year and am way out in front of the league with my team).

Rodgers' schedule is among the toughest for QBs this fall. Brees has the 2nd or 3rd easiest among QBs for the first couple months. I intend to sell Brees at his peak and grab a playoff QB for November/December. Probably will collect another 2016 1st in doing so.

"Aaron Rodgers' value has reached a peak."
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:20 am

voiceofunreason wrote:
SUGARRAYJOSE wrote:
JaCeLo3 wrote:I would need a 1.04 or higher this year, a 1st round in 2016, a QB in return who will be starting (not in a QB battle at all)...then maybe another solid player as well...like a #1 WR but maybe tier 2 or 3...
x2 ... The QB I would want in return would have to be under 30 if I'm in a rebuild. Someone like Kap, Carr, Bridgewater, Winston, etc.

So top 4 2015 pick + 2016 1st + Carr + plus someone like Cooks, KB, Keenan Allen, etc.
That's too much and not realistic.

Having said that, as a rebuild team I'd hold onto him unless someone makes a crazy offer like this.
I disagree no much is too much for rodgers
after 2013 season Itraded him for brady 2 2014 1sts and 2 2015 1sts and still I am not sure i wouldn't rather have rodgers . I did win the league ( gasp I get in trouble when I mention actually winning) and used the 14 1sts on robinson and jeremy hill and 1 of the 15 1sts 1 I traded as as part of a package to get luck and the other to get the 2:5 and a 16 1st and some FAAB $.
If you are trading rodgers ask for the moon and stars and if you get turned down you still have the best qb in dynasty with which to rebuild around whioch is my suggestion - KEEP HIM !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

paulg002
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby paulg002 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:02 pm

I disagree no much is too much for rodgers after 2013 season I traded him for brady 2 2014 1sts and 2 2015 1sts and still I am not sure i wouldn't rather have rodgers . I did win the league ( gasp I get in trouble when I mention actually winning) and used the 14 1sts on robinson and jeremy hill and 1 of the 15 1sts 1 I traded as as part of a package to get luck and the other to get the 2:5 and a 16 1st and some FAAB $.
If you are trading rodgers ask for the moon and stars and if you get turned down you still have the best qb in dynasty with which to rebuild around whioch is my suggestion - KEEP HIM !
Ding Ding we have a winner. If you don't want to trade him, don't... unless you get an offer thats ridiculous like this.
12 Team PPR Dynasty, team size 25+
2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: P.Rivers, C. Palmer, L.Jones, A.Davis
RB: E.Lacy, D.Johnson (ARI), C.J.Anderson, McFadden, Javorius Allen, Christine Michael, B Sankey, J.Robinson (IND)
WR: A. Brown, E. Sanders, Travis Benjamin, Andre Johnson, Kearse.
TE: Barnidge, B.Watson, K Rudolf, L.Green,
2015 Champion

Drafted Preseason 2014

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:18 pm

Do not grab advice from the forum without knowing your league's valuation. If your 16-team league does not provide enough differential from QB1 to QB20, then you are probably being robbed of actual value by holding Rodgers. If this is the case, find an unsuspecting owner who will give you something plus a 1st for Rodgers. Even if Rodgers is the top-priced QB in salaries/contracts, someone will pay up for him. It all depends on the league valuation of QBs (scoring settings).

lskywill
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Aaron Rodgers

Postby lskywill » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:04 am

Looking to trade Rodgers since I have a bad team and need pieces. Anyone have any examples of trades for Rodgers for 2-4 players that I should expect for return value?

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Aaron Rodgers

Postby jeffster » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:50 am

I recommend searching the Dynasty Team Advice forum. I think you'll find lots of ARod action to survey. Also, we can help assemble trades for you, but it helps if you post your entire team and league specs, or put it in your sig.

But, generally speaking, in a 12-team, start-1 QB, ARod, Luck and a distant Wilson are the only three QBs worth much more than a 7th round startup pick. ARod and Luck you're taking late 1st, early 2nd, depending on preference. Wilson maybe a late 3rd, early 4th. After that you'll see Cam and Ryan going somewhere around the 6th-7th usually.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:04 pm

Yep. You may be better off just holding since he probably has a few more elite years followed by a few solid ones. In a normal size 1QB league, QBs don't have much trade value. I tried trading Russell Wilson last year in my 12 team 1QB and couldn't get any decent offer for him. I'll let him sit on the bench behind Rodgers and rack up bench points for the offers I was getting for him.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:09 am

i feel your better off finding someone to trade you one very good player as opposed to 2-4 players. you may find it tough sledding to find someone to do that though. you could always look for a few guys who havent done much and the other owner will feel they are stealing arod from you. qb's have the potential to be rough sells in leagues if your leaguemates dont put much value in them as the two posters above have mentioned. im willing to bet that someone will pony up a nice piece or two for him though. as to what you could potentially receive...hard to say without seeing the other teams and who may be interested.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:13 am

I traded AAron for Brees and a 2016 1st (likely mid-1st). I sense a strong year for Brees and regression for Rodgers.

uscman
Starter
Starter

Postby uscman » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:24 am

Sell high on Rodgers. The only other qb I'd want to have is Luck.
12 team 2QB/2TE Devy League

2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2FLEX
.5ppr

QB Murray, Daniels, Garopollo, Heinicke, Book, Rattler

RB Mixon, A Jones, Fournette, Damien Harris, Foreman, Tevin Coleman, J Patterson, Hilliard, Tank Bigsby (D)

WE Evans, Godwin, Kupp, Chark, G Davis, Cobb, T Marshall, Lazard, D Brown, D Bell, Eskridge, M Terrance, Cam Sims, Kayshon Boutte (D), Joe Ngata (D)

TE Everett, P Brown, I Thomas, Parham, Jaeden Graham, Ian Smith, Hunter Bryant

2022 Picks: 2.11, 3.07, 3.11
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:08 am

Bruiser wrote:I traded Aaron for Brees and a 2016 1st (likely mid-1st). I sense a strong year for Brees and regression for Rodgers.
Rodgers is arguably the best QB in the league right now and is on pace to finish his career as one of the best QBs in the history of the NFL. It pains me to say this as a CHI fan, but I don't see any regression or decline from Rodgers barring another freak injury. Not calling you out, but would you mind explaining why you think Rodgers is going to regress? I still have him ranked as the no. 1 dynasty QB over Luck. Also, if someone offered me Brees and a 2016 1st for Rodgers, I would instantly reject that offer...
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:22 am

I agree with Ditka here. Their offense is only getting better. They didn't lose anyone in the offseason that would affect them. Rodgers is athletic, accurate and smart with the ball, and has equally as athletic receivers that have great rapport with him. I don't see any way he regresses unless he gets injured, and he plays a very smart game of football in that he knows how to minimize injury risk. I would also like to know why you think he will regress.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:40 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:Not calling you out, but would you mind explaining why you think Rodgers is going to regress?
Nobody expected Tony Romo to set a record for the highest QB rating in December last year, but that's exactly what he did. Not because he is better than any of the other guys mentioned, but because he faced a very soft schedule. I traded for him and rode his success to my own championship.

I am a believer of always being in 'win now' mode, and sometimes that means ditching Aaron Rodgers at the top of his game when he is due to face a very tough schedule this coming season. Conversely, Drew Brees faces one of the very easiest schedules. Brees puts me in the driver's seat to collect statistical wins... not to mention I collected a 2016 1st in a 16-teamer (sweet value). Play the QB schedule game. It worked for Cam Newton's rookie year and will be very interesting to see how Jamies Winston handles the softest schedule of all 32 teams.

DISCLAIMER: I do not intend to keep Drew Brees as my dyno QB. I intend to capitalize on his early season success and sell him high before the trade deadline. By then, a clearer picture will show which playoff QB I will want to grab - and probably add another 2016 1st to my war chest. Right now, Matt Stafford projects to be a great Week 10 target if I am buying low.

duckman92
Starter
Starter

Postby duckman92 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:17 am

Bruiser wrote:
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote:Not calling you out, but would you mind explaining why you think Rodgers is going to regress?
Nobody expected Tony Romo to set a record for the highest QB rating in December last year, but that's exactly what he did. Not because he is better than any of the other guys mentioned, but because he faced a very soft schedule. I traded for him and rode his success to my own championship.

I am a believer of always being in 'win now' mode, and sometimes that means ditching Aaron Rodgers at the top of his game when he is due to face a very tough schedule this coming season. Conversely, Drew Brees faces one of the very easiest schedules. Brees puts me in the driver's seat to collect statistical wins... not to mention I collected a 2016 1st in a 16-teamer (sweet value). Play the QB schedule game. It worked for Cam Newton's rookie year and will be very interesting to see how Jamies Winston handles the softest schedule of all 32 teams.

DISCLAIMER: I do not intend to keep Drew Brees as my dyno QB. I intend to capitalize on his early season success and sell him high before the trade deadline. By then, a clearer picture will show which playoff QB I will want to grab - and probably add another 2016 1st to my war chest. Right now, Matt Stafford projects to be a great Week 10 target if I am buying low.
Your logic is sound except for the fact that people will point to Brees' age and not be willing to give up as much. That's selling Rodgers at his highest point for pennies IMO.
14 Team IDP League 0.5 PPR 1 QB/ 2 RB/ 2 WR / 1 TE/ 1 R/W/T/ 2 LB/ 2 DL/ 2 DB/ 1 K
Dez Hoes Ain't Loyal
QB: A. Rodgers, C. Newton
RB: L. McCoy, D. Murray, L. Miller, F. Gore,B. Powell, C. Sims, M. Brown, R. Kelley
WR: AJ Green, K. Allen, D. Thomas, R. Cobb, K. White, B. Cooks, D. Funchess
TE: J. Reed, T. Kelce, D. Allen
K: J. Tucker
LB: V. Miller, J. Houston, P. Posluszny, C. Mosley
DL JJ Watt, C. Avril
DB T. Mathieu

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:46 am

Bruiser wrote:

Fair enough, but I feel like Brees won't have much trade value this season due to his age. You're counting on being able to make these trades, which you could, but that's very league-dependent. Rodgers is one of the most consistent and dependable fantasy QBs, his BUF game being a huge fluke. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Rodgers has finished as a top-2 fantasy QB every year since like 2010 outside of his injured 2013 season.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd