Aaron Rodgers - are we RELAX-ed?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Aaron Rodgers - are we RELAX-ed?

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Dookmariot wrote:I still have a hard time trusting Adams - but he's certainly going to see volume, and he's starting to get a lot of red zone looks.
https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/110 ... eer-around

The biggest complaint about Adams the past two years has been efficiency. Before last night's game, Adams statistically had been Green Bay's best WR. After last night's game, he's only furthered his lead. The other complaint was drops and so far, he only has 1 drop on 43 targets.

There's always the chance he could revert back to his earlier play, which might be ammo for some to sell. Though, it's really hard to blame any player for last year's trainwreck in Green Bay. Everyone was bad. Currently, the stats and tape match up, and Adams looks much improved this season. It will be interesting to see if he's targeted more going forward.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:21 pm

Agree With above.

I think it is a changing of the guard in GB...transition time. Adams has actually made plays for ARod helping him out on not perfectly placed balls
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:48 pm

If I'm GB I don't trust Adams as my #1, regardless of how well he's played this year. He has proven he's good in a supporting role. He's not a #1.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:54 pm

Look at every Adams catch last night:
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/78932436 ... wsrc%5Etfw

The number of receptions he had running comeback routes against soft coverage is insane. Not taking away from his performance because he took what they gave him and had a nice TD catch, but I feel pretty confident he is not going to be the Packers top receiver long-term. He's just not good enough to do it consistently.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:18 pm

dynastyninja wrote:Look at every Adams catch last night:
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/78932436 ... wsrc%5Etfw

The number of receptions he had running comeback routes against soft coverage is insane. Not taking away from his performance because he took what they gave him and had a nice TD catch, but I feel pretty confident he is not going to be the Packers top receiver long-term. He's just not good enough to do it consistently.
Consider 3 things:

1. Offenses take what the defenses are giving you (as you said).
2. If he's consistently getting open, and converting, then you consistently target.
3. Adams was statistically GB's most efficient receiver before this game. The statline vs. Chicago is an exaggeration or peak, but the bottomline still exists.

You're right that Adams isn't a WR1 in fantasy or the NFL, but that's not the conversation. If he has legitimately turned a corner, then he could be a solid #2/#3 on that team depending on matchups. So far, Green Bay doesn't have a concrete #1 WR this season and it's very much a committee approach. Look at the pace their trio is on:

Cobb: 104/1035/5 on 147 targets
Adams: 75/933/13 on 115 targets
Nelson: 72/856/13 on 136 targets

When you consider that Cobb is getting a lot of short receptions, then all of those numbers are very similar. It's very possible for all 3 to have really good seasons, especially with limited RB options.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:10 am

I agree that adams is not now, nor is he ever a wr1 he is a solid player and part of the reason for his inefficiency is that he is the only guy that can make contested catches due to his size and physical nature . Rodgers continues to throw him balls when he is covered because the odds are better than forcing the ball to other players thus he was targeted in less likely situations at times last season. He compounded that by dropping catchable balls which to this point as cameron giles points out has not been a problem thus far in 2016.
The pack should likely add a dependable rb early but ted thompson has a long history of drafting wr in 2nd and 3rd rounds that end up being viable players in the league. Should jordy ever return to previous form ( doubtful) or janis show the ability to stretch the defense in a jordy like fashion many of the packers offensive woes will magically disappear.
As currently constituted however beating up on the care bears on a short week and thinking they haved fixed that offense is overly optimistic IMHO especially with more or less no running game the next month. It will be an interesting situation to watch as the pack has a cake schedule the rest of the way with many cupcakes on the road and the best opponents seattle minny & houston at lambeau.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:24 am

dynastyninja wrote:If I'm GB I don't trust Adams as my #1, regardless of how well he's played this year. He has proven he's good in a supporting role. He's not a #1.
Never saw anyone anywhere claim he was a WR#1.
Startable in fantasy though? Sure. Huge improvement from him as a player or looks to be...maybe he regresses but seems to me like he may actually be an asset as opposed to a roster clogger
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:04 pm

So without Cobb & Montgomery or a running game - he looked pretty darn good against the Falcons for the most part.

...he even led the team in rushing, running for more yards than all other runners combined.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:21 pm

Phaded wrote:So without Cobb & Montgomery or a running game - he looked pretty darn good against the Falcons for the most part.

...he even led the team in rushing, running for more yards than all other runners combined.
Vs one of the worst defenses in the league. But it is encouraging to see him get back to his old self
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Aaron Rodgers getting released???

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:14 am

Report: Teams believe Rodgers should be released after Packers broke IR rule
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1453731

They did break the rule... Sooooo how will Aaron Rodgers be placed? Is it bidding war or players choice or waivers?

I bet the Packers will be below .500 without him
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Aaron Rodgers getting released???

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:20 am

Doubt it actually happens. The nfl is all politics. And what’s best for the league (money wise) is that Rodgers stays in GB. No release will actually happen.

Although it would be intriguing if GB was forced to release him. But even if that happened, I imagine he would end up back on GB’s roster.

Would be nuts though to see him claimed on waivers by the Browns. Talk about a Christmas gift.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:23 am

But it should happen, it's a rule and they broke it. I would be utterly shocked if they somehow weaseled out of this.
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:26 am

That's amazing. I hope it happens just to see the craziness.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:26 am

You also have to understand that teams shut down players all the time once playoffs are out of reach.

It's a hilarious idea but don't make it seem like the NFL is going to force GB to release Rodgers, that likelihood is minimal.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:34 am

Yep. The “soreness” that Rodgers reported after the game last week could easily be twisted into some “new injury”. Don’t act like it doesn’t always happen. As a Vikings fan I would love to see the melee if it happened. But as a realist, I just don’t see it.