Aaron Rodgers - are we RELAX-ed?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Re: Rodgers gap closing?

Postby Chris_R » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:00 am

Luck isn't far behind for me, due to age, and I think he's capable of the blow up game too. Say for instance they get Wallace, and return all the other weapons, he might just be #1 for me. I took RGIII over Luck last year when I needed a QB, but with how he gets hit so much, not sure I feel really comfortable with him longterm. Concussions are serious, he had 1 or 2 in college, 1 in the NFL, but we see how long people can be out at times, look at Vick. That tackle looked completely harmless, and RGIII is hit like that every week. If he had to miss 4 games or so, it's going to cloud his outlook some, it's just something I worry about. He seems to get blasted far more then Cam does and Cam is the goal line back.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:24 am

joeday wrote:
balaberda wrote:Hahaha. I stopped defending Finley a long time ago. And now he is starting to earn a small part in my heart again with his recent play hahaha.

But come on now with Megatron. The guy is a beast but there were two balls he should have caught. I don't care about the ones he shouldn't have (he gets passes on those if he drops them).

One ball hit him the damn helmet. And another ball dropped 1 foot in front of his mask when the Lions were trying to run out the clock. Gutsy play and a great throw and he wasn't even looking on either.

A great stat line should have the ** beside it and I guarantee he would say the same.
Yeah Finley had a drop, then came back with a good catch and did his idiotic dance. I swear I saw Rodgers rolling his eyes.

Does anyone have access to drop stats? I am curious what Megatrons are.
Calvin has 4 drops on the season. 238 players have dropped passes at a higher rate than him. (Note: PFF has him with 11 drops... Their definition of a drop seems to be not catching a pass that was thrown within 12 yards of the player.)

Stafford's issue is not drops; it's accuracy. He has more overthrows than every QB minus Flacco on the year with 73. The guy just doesn't look like a winner to me and his stats seem to be too reliant on playing from behind most weeks. He led the league in pass attempts last year and is doing the same this year. That's great for fantasy but you have to wonder what will happen if the Lions start winning.

People have the opposite question about Schaub. He is always playing while ahead and struggles when in comeback mode.

As for the OP's question, Rodgers is the only PLAYER in football at any position who I would trade Luck for right now in 2QB formats. It's not so much what Rodgers isn't doing as it is what some of these younger guys ARE doing. Cam made his case for being a top-5 QB last year while Luck, Ryan and RG3 are making their cases this year. It's getting awfully crowded up top there and I think that's awesome for fantasy and reality football. Let's just hope the Peyton's and Brady's and Brees's of the world stay healthy and give us some of the best football we've ever seen.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

jlasaf2007
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jlasaf2007 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:48 pm

CokeAndBacardi wrote:
joeday wrote:
balaberda wrote:Hahaha. I stopped defending Finley a long time ago. And now he is starting to earn a small part in my heart again with his recent play hahaha.

But come on now with Megatron. The guy is a beast but there were two balls he should have caught. I don't care about the ones he shouldn't have (he gets passes on those if he drops them).

One ball hit him the damn helmet. And another ball dropped 1 foot in front of his mask when the Lions were trying to run out the clock. Gutsy play and a great throw and he wasn't even looking on either.

A great stat line should have the ** beside it and I guarantee he would say the same.
Yeah Finley had a drop, then came back with a good catch and did his idiotic dance. I swear I saw Rodgers rolling his eyes.

Does anyone have access to drop stats? I am curious what Megatrons are.
Calvin has 4 drops on the season. 238 players have dropped passes at a higher rate than him. (Note: PFF has him with 11 drops... Their definition of a drop seems to be not catching a pass that was thrown within 12 yards of the player.)

Stafford's issue is not drops; it's accuracy. He has more overthrows than every QB minus Flacco on the year with 73. The guy just doesn't look like a winner to me and his stats seem to be too reliant on playing from behind most weeks. He led the league in pass attempts last year and is doing the same this year. That's great for fantasy but you have to wonder what will happen if the Lions start winning.

People have the opposite question about Schaub. He is always playing while ahead and struggles when in comeback mode.

As for the OP's question, Rodgers is the only PLAYER in football at any position who I would trade Luck for right now in 2QB formats. It's not so much what Rodgers isn't doing as it is what some of these younger guys ARE doing. Cam made his case for being a top-5 QB last year while Luck, Ryan and RG3 are making their cases this year. It's getting awfully crowded up top there and I think that's awesome for fantasy and reality football. Let's just hope the Peyton's and Brady's and Brees's of the world stay healthy and give us some of the best football we've ever seen.
Amen to that! :cheers:

And the ball that hig Megatron in the helmet was thrown behind him. It's not like it went through his hands and hit him in the facemask...it hit him in the back/side of the helmet because as he was trying to get his head around to figure out exactly where Stafford was aiming.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -Albert Einstein

"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." -Matthew 10:16

terryb24
Role Player
Role Player

Value of Aaron Rodgers

Postby terryb24 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:51 pm

In a 13 team TD only league where Touchdowns are 7 points what is the value of Aaron Rodgers? INTs don't count against also.

Look at my team below and tell me who would you offer for Rodgers. I am also working with Four 2014 First Round Picks.
14 team league: TD ONLY: TD- 7 points, FGs- 3 Points and XP- 1 Point
QB- Carson Wentz, Ryan Tannehill, Jay Cutler, Brock Osweiler, Teddy Bridgewater
RB- Tevin Coleman, Spencer Ware, Jonathan Stewart, Matt Forte
WR- Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Jordan Matthews, Sterling Shepard, John Brown, Mike Wallace
TE- Coby Fleener
K- Dustin Hopkins, Matt Prater
2017- 3rd overall, 4th overall, 8th overall, 9th overall, 10th overall, 12th overall, 13th overall, 17th overall, 21st overall, 25th overall, and 31st overall.
2018- 3 firsts, 3 seconds, 1 third.
2019- 2 firsts.

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Value of Aaron Rodgers

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:03 pm

terryb24 wrote:In a 13 team TD only league where Touchdowns are 7 points what is the value of Aaron Rodgers? INTs don't count against also.

Look at my team below and tell me who would you offer for Rodgers. I am also working with Four 2014 First Round Picks.
225 pounds of pure gold.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:10 pm

dalton, spiller and a 1st?
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

joekool
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joekool » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Few questions.

13 teams?

Two TEs from the same team and no one else?

5 QBs?

If you cant get ARod (and frankly, I wouldnt be surprised if that owner didnt want to give him up), maybe you can do some easy moves to get a snazzier TE...just a thought.

but yeah..something like Lynch/Spiller + Dalton + a 1st may entice that owner. Does that owner have any weak spots? Maybe you can address that in your offer..ie..a WRs instead of a pick..or whatever..

Rag3aholik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Rag3aholik » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Nitpick of the day: Why are TDs worth 7 points? Why not just one point?
Rag3
12 team standard league - Non-PPR - 1 year completed
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Stafford,, Cutler,
RB: Spiller, Ball, Mathews, Gerhart, T-Rich, C. Michael
WR: C. Johnson, Julio Jones, AJ Green, K. Allen,, J. Hunter, D. Rogers
TE: L. Green , J. Cool

Decepticons
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE 3Flex, 1TM
QB: Cam Newton, Kyle Orton, Jimmy Garoppolo
RB: Demarco Murray, Alfred Morris, CJ Anderson Montee Ball, Jonathan Stewart, Jay Ajayi,
WR: Brandon Marshall, K. Allen, D. Hopkins, Davante Adams, Devante Parker, Jarvis Landry, Brandon Lafell, Stedman Bailey, Kenny Britt
TE: Martellus Bennett, Julius Thomas, Josh Hill, Ladarius Green{/size]

terryb24
Role Player
Role Player

Postby terryb24 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Rag3aholik wrote:Nitpick of the day: Why are TDs worth 7 points? Why not just one point?
My dad and uncles started the league in 1977. That's just how they did it all these years.
14 team league: TD ONLY: TD- 7 points, FGs- 3 Points and XP- 1 Point
QB- Carson Wentz, Ryan Tannehill, Jay Cutler, Brock Osweiler, Teddy Bridgewater
RB- Tevin Coleman, Spencer Ware, Jonathan Stewart, Matt Forte
WR- Brandin Cooks, Jarvis Landry, Jordan Matthews, Sterling Shepard, John Brown, Mike Wallace
TE- Coby Fleener
K- Dustin Hopkins, Matt Prater
2017- 3rd overall, 4th overall, 8th overall, 9th overall, 10th overall, 12th overall, 13th overall, 17th overall, 21st overall, 25th overall, and 31st overall.
2018- 3 firsts, 3 seconds, 1 third.
2019- 2 firsts.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:59 pm

i play in a couple td only leagues and you definately have the pieces to make a strong offer for arod in a league like this. the versatility of your lineup possiblilities only helps your cause to make a strong offer, especially in a 13 team league. i have a feeling though that you are going to run into a situation where the arod owner does not wish to move him. i would not hesitate to give 3 of whoever he want in some combo of rb/wr and then a qb to replace arod. i would not give all 3 rb's or wr's, but a combo of any 3 plus the qb. im sure your well aware that a great team on paper doesnt really pan out sometimes in a td only league. often times your team lights it up or lays an egg on any given week. good luck getting arod, but i have a feeling its going to be tough sledding, not may qb's produce as many tds as he does, and in a few years, its likely none will. (once brady, brees, and manning retire)

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:36 pm

terryb24 wrote:
Rag3aholik wrote:Nitpick of the day: Why are TDs worth 7 points? Why not just one point?
My dad and uncles started the league in 1977. That's just how they did it all these years.
wow almost 40 years! good job! :thumbup:
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

ccj
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Aaron Rodgers value with a healthy Lacy

Postby ccj » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:17 am

So, I was just thinking of contacting the ARod owner in one league for a trade (he had approached me during the season and we were close). My starting QB right now is Romo, this is pass TD 4 points. They aren't that far apart in points per game, but ARod is definitely better.

This season in weeks 1-3 when Lacy's health was questionable ARod averaged 40.67 pass attempts per game and 29.3 fantasty points per game. After that in the six games ARod played (not the injury game) with Lacy healthy he averaged 32 pass attempts and 21.7 points per game. I'm not suggesting that ARod isn't an elite QB, but I am concerned that his opportunity may decline a bit IF Lacy stays healthy. As those opportunities decline so does his lofty fantasy totals.

Am I crazy for feeling like adding ARod to a roster that already has Romo is a bit of a lateral move? Especially since Romo won't be in the deal so it'll cost me young productive guys.

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Aaron Rodgers value with a healthy Lacy

Postby Jimmy Jones » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:23 am

I don't think that ARod's dip in production was because Lacy was healthy. I think it had more to do with the defenses they played, how the O line played, and the fact that finley, Cobb, and James Jones got hurt. Of course Rodgers blew up vs Washington, it would have been the same if Lacy stayed in, look at the stat lines that James Starks and Jonathan Franklin put up..
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

DonBrazi
MVP
MVP

Re: Aaron Rodgers value with a healthy Lacy

Postby DonBrazi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:34 am

I for one see the connection.

One of my theories is that at the top, guys are all the same (except for Calvin and AD). What separates em is situation. I don't think Gronk, for example, is as great as his statistics imply. I feel like the Pats force feed him the ball. Same for Graham. Same for Gordon. Same for ARod. Same for Brees... I could go on.

I have no stats, nor do I remember specific details (sorry to those of you that demand those), but I remember ARod starting slow last year (2012) and thinking that it was because the team wanted to run the ball. It wasn't because he was playing particularly poorly or because he didn't have opportunities, etc. It was, in my mind, simply because GB wanted to run the ball. Whereas we're used to a Green Bay that avoids the run game like the plague. Early one, they realised that they couldn't run the ball, and they essentially gave up. He went on to have a great year. Now that they have a decent running back (or 2), they should be able to run the ball fairly effectively. I kinda think they will and I kinda think that will drop ARod down a bit. Very rarely do we find elite QB stats paired with elite running back statistics.

Of course, nothing is merely a zero-sum game, but neither is anything purely a case of the pie getting bigger. With a healthy Lacy, I don't imagine ARod competes with 2013 Manning or even 2012 Rodgers..
IRL 12Team 28man 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1Superflex: PPR w/ small TE-Premium
Dak, Murray, Wentz, Darnold, Fitzpatrick
CEH, Gibson, Sanders, Javonte, Moss, Nwangwu
ARob, Sutton, ODB, Parker, Ruggs, Miller, Boykin
Waller, Hockenson, Pitts, OJH, Trautman, Gesicki, Everett
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, 4th

War Room 12Team 28man: 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 4Flex, 1Superflex: .5/1/1.5 Tiered-PPR, 1-Round Devy league
Dak, Murray, LJax, *Rattler
Etienne, AJD, Hubbard, Stevenson, Hawkins, *Spiller
Sutton, ODB, Jeudy, Reagor, Shenault, Rodgers, Kirk, Boykin, *G.Wilson
Hockenson, Jonnu, Firkser, Asiasi
2022 1st (2), 2nd, 3rd, *Devy 4th (2)

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Aaron Rodgers "injury history"

Postby moishetreats » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:13 am

Hello Friends,

I just don't get it. I often read here (and other places) about Aaron Rodgers and his "injury history" or people being worried about him getting injured (more so than any other player). I just don't get it. Someone else recently posted it on another DLF thread, and I am re-posting my response here. Am I way off??

Thanks!

"What Rodgers injury history?? Since he became a starter in 2008 -- that is six full seasons -- he has missed only 9 games. One was due to a concussion; one was sitting out Week 17 because the Packers had locked up their playoff position, and the other seven were last season because of the collarbone. He has started (essentially) all the games in 4 of the 6 seasons, 15 in games in a fifth, and, last season, had a single injury that knocked him out for only two months (collarbones are not typically that fast to heal). So, what injury history?? Sorry... just a big a rant there because I hear the A-Rod injury fear so often, and I don't know why..."
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --