Aaron Rodgers - are we RELAX-ed?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Aaron Rodgers - are we RELAX-ed?

Postby Friction » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:57 pm

I disagree, but that's the beauty of opinions, nobody is right. Just personal strategy and in the end the only thing that matters is who is in the money at the end.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:07 pm

Friction wrote:I disagree, but that's the beauty of opinions, nobody is right. Just personal strategy and in the end the only thing that matters is who is in the money at the end.
Yeah. Just throwing out my argument. I know there are valid arguments for lots of strategies

knuckles50
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby knuckles50 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:19 pm

Rodgers is missing guys in ways we haven't seen from him until recently. I traded Rodgers and Matt Jones for Cam and I'm so glad I did.
Team 1
12 team, 1/2 ppr 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wr, 1 flex, 1 te
QBs-Brees,Luck,Bridgewater
RBs- LeVeon,Ingram,R. Freeman,Thompson,Riddick,Conner,Walton,J. Jackson,Dixon
WRs- Evans,A Rob,Parker,Hurns,Sutton,Pettis,Moncrief,Treadwell,Sanu,Tavon,Dorsett,Carroo
TEs- Gronk,Kittle,Butt

Team 2
12 team 1 qb, 2rbs,v 3wrs, 1te
Qbs- Brees,Cam,Cousins,Jackson
Rbs- Gurley,Zeke,Kamara,McCaffery,Hunt,Shady
Wrs-A. Brown,Evans,C. Davis,Watkins,Goodwin,Woods,Washington,Treadwell,Jordy
Te- Gronk,Kittle,ASJ

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:21 pm

Actually, funny thng is that I did draft Rodgers this year, albeit in a redraft. He fell to the eight or ninth round since I live in MN and it was some sort of sin to draft Packers players. I guess the non-lazy argument would be to always look for value regardless of position or round.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:36 pm

ericanadian wrote:If you can tell me what was wrong with Matt Ryan the last three years that suddenly got fixed this year, I'll go with that.
Alex Mack is a major reason they are much better on offense this year.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:35 pm

You don't see players in KC giving up BBQ. Or players in New Orleans boycotting Mardi Gras. Or players in Washington giving up douchebaggery. He tempted fate and lost when he gave up dairy.

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:58 pm

StoneyBrown wrote:Never owned Rodgers, and can't say I'm watching Packer games regularly. Still, from all of this talk it appears that everyone but Rodgers is being scapegoated for their lackluster play dating back to last year.

Coach, O-Line, WR
I'm sure there's some truth to all 3 of those positions above being sub-par but is it too farfetched to say that Rodgers just hasn't looked the same and should be shouldering much more of this "blame".
Rodgers has all day on passes and he either can't see the open man, there is no open man, or he overthrows the open man.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

knuckles50
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby knuckles50 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:20 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:You don't see players in KC giving up BBQ. Or players in New Orleans boycotting Mardi Gras. Or players in Washington giving up douchebaggery. He tempted fate and lost when he gave up dairy.
My motto, F-lotto! I'll get your mom's 9 digits for a $1 tomorrow.
Team 1
12 team, 1/2 ppr 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wr, 1 flex, 1 te
QBs-Brees,Luck,Bridgewater
RBs- LeVeon,Ingram,R. Freeman,Thompson,Riddick,Conner,Walton,J. Jackson,Dixon
WRs- Evans,A Rob,Parker,Hurns,Sutton,Pettis,Moncrief,Treadwell,Sanu,Tavon,Dorsett,Carroo
TEs- Gronk,Kittle,Butt

Team 2
12 team 1 qb, 2rbs,v 3wrs, 1te
Qbs- Brees,Cam,Cousins,Jackson
Rbs- Gurley,Zeke,Kamara,McCaffery,Hunt,Shady
Wrs-A. Brown,Evans,C. Davis,Watkins,Goodwin,Woods,Washington,Treadwell,Jordy
Te- Gronk,Kittle,ASJ

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:26 pm

Lotto4Life wrote:You don't see players in KC giving up BBQ. Or players in New Orleans boycotting Mardi Gras. Or players in Washington giving up douchebaggery. He tempted fate and lost when he gave up dairy.
:lol: :lol:
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Rodgers is flat out missing throws...not the 4-8 yards gimmee's but those game changing throws. He seems a little more gun-shy in the pocket and hurrying some of those deeper throws just a little bit. He is just off slightly
I think he can fix it but I think that is what I have been seeing.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:53 pm

Rodgers has not been good. But I am not worried long term. His arm talent still looks elite just some timing and accuracy issues. Basically all QBs including Brady, Brees, and Manning have off stretches from time to time in their careers due to moving players, coaches, and/or mechanics. Just amazing Rodgers lasted all the way to last season to have his first.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:21 pm

theone wrote: His arm talent still looks elite just some timing and accuracy issues.
Isn't the timing and accuracy of a QB's throws what makes those other guys elite though?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:36 am

nathanq42 wrote:
theone wrote: His arm talent still looks elite just some timing and accuracy issues.
Isn't the timing and accuracy of a QB's throws what makes those other guys elite though?
Yep. Jay Cutler is an elite arm talent. That alone isn't enough.

That said, Rodgers had it all put together for a long stretch. Safe bet is he figures it out again. I doubt we've seen the last of his elite years.

theone
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby theone » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:43 am

nathanq42 wrote:
Yes it is which is why I said ARod is not playing well right now. It is also the reason ARod has been elite for most of his career. The point was that his physical skills do not look like they have diminished and I expect him to bounce back in the future.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:08 am

Valhalla wrote:
Friction wrote:I disagree, but that's the beauty of opinions, nobody is right. Just personal strategy and in the end the only thing that matters is who is in the money at the end.
Yeah. Just throwing out my argument. I know there are valid arguments for lots of strategies
dlf hall of fame

these may be the best dynasty league footaball thoughts ive heard interchanged.