Aaron Rodgers - are we RELAX-ed?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Aaron Rodgers wants out?

Postby honcho55 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:29 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:28 am
JFever wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:49 am As a Vikings fan, this is great entertainment. If this goes through, there is a major change coming for the NFC north.

I'm on Rodgers side here. The last 3 drafts by GB have been inexcusable imo. He has at least a few years of high end production left in the tank. Mismanagement by the GB general manager seems clear.

Skol!
Yeah what a disaster that 2019 draft was—getting scrubs like Elgton Jenkins, Darnell Savage and Rashan Gary.

If my Chiefs has an “inexcusable” draft like that in 2018 we might be Super Bowl champions right now

Or 2021 where they literally addressed their three biggest needs in order in the first two days (no idea how the players careers will work out so not commenting beyond that)

Poor Rodgers as a victim of “roster mismanagement” on one of the best rosters in football stacked across the field built by the GM who hired Matt Lafleur and helped turn a 6-9-1 team to back to back NFC Championships

Rodgers isn’t going anywhere. He just wants people suckered into this disgusting narrative
I don’t believe the Packers roster is “one of the best” top to bottom. Rodgers elevates that team, there’s no question about it. It’s not a bad roster, and has some legitimately strong points, but take Rodgers off and that’s a .500 team imo.

And to the point, it feels like it’s less about who’s on the roster, vs what they *could have* done, in terms of offensive weapons.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri May 14, 2021 4:08 am

honcho55 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:29 pm
JFever wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:49 am As a Vikings fan, this is great entertainment. If this goes through, there is a major change coming for the NFC north.

I'm on Rodgers side here. The last 3 drafts by GB have been inexcusable imo. He has at least a few years of high end production left in the tank. Mismanagement by the GB general manager seems clear.

Skol!
Yeah what a disaster that 2019 draft was—getting scrubs like Elgton Jenkins, Darnell Savage and Rashan Gary.

If my Chiefs has an “inexcusable” draft like that in 2018 we might be Super Bowl champions right now

Or 2021 where they literally addressed their three biggest needs in order in the first two days (no idea how the players careers will work out so not commenting beyond that)

Poor Rodgers as a victim of “roster mismanagement” on one of the best rosters in football stacked across the field built by the GM who hired Matt Lafleur and helped turn a 6-9-1 team to back to back NFC Championships

Rodgers isn’t going anywhere. He just wants people suckered into this disgusting narrative
I don’t believe the Packers roster is “one of the best” top to bottom. Rodgers elevates that team, there’s no question about it. It’s not a bad roster, and has some legitimately strong points, but take Rodgers off and that’s a .500 team imo.

And to the point, it feels like it’s less about who’s on the roster, vs what they *could have* done, in terms of offensive weapons.
This is spot on. Change Rodgers to an average WB like Cousins and you have an 8-8 team, change it to a QB like Daniel Jones or Drew lock and it is worse. The Packers may have an ok roster, but their offense would be horrible and wouldn’t be able to keep up with other teams without another elite option. On the other hand out Rodgers on a team like the redskins with those playmakers all around and a very good defense and watch out.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri May 14, 2021 4:50 am

thebeast wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:08 am

This is spot on. Change Rodgers to an average WB like Cousins and you have an 8-8 team, change it to a QB like Daniel Jones or Drew lock and it is worse. The Packers may have an ok roster, but their offense would be horrible and wouldn’t be able to keep up with other teams without another elite option. On the other hand out Rodgers on a team like the redskins with those playmakers all around and a very good defense and watch out.
Doesn't every elite QB elevate their team? Chiefs were round 1 losers with Alex Smith then in the AFC title game with Mahomes the following year. Look at the Brady effect on both his current and former team. Going 8-8 without good QB play means you actually have a pretty solid team overall.

The Packers have a good roster. This isnt a Colts and Manning situation where they lose Peyton to injury and the team transforms into the very worst in the league. I actually think the Packers roster would win 10 games with average QB play.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri May 14, 2021 6:02 am

Skol!
I’m glad you’re enjoying this so much - but in the end you’re still a Vikings’ fan, so who’s really getting the last laugh?

:ewink:

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri May 14, 2021 7:47 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:02 am

Skol!
I’m glad you’re enjoying this so much - but in the end you’re still a Vikings’ fan, so who’s really getting the last laugh?

Classy. I'll just say this. There are far worse teams in the league than the Vikings as far as overall team talent. I'm assuming you are aware of that.

As far as this situation. I stand by what I said. The Packers without Rodgers are not a playoff team. Thinking they'd win 10 games without Rodgers is comical. They are not devoid of talent without Rodgers, but, what you choose to NOT see is that the drafts over the past few years - could have been better. If I'm Rodgers, I'd be very disapointed with the decisions made. He is drama - yes. But - he isn't wrong.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri May 14, 2021 8:37 am

JFever wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:47 am

Skol!

Classy. I'll just say this. There are far worse teams in the league than the Vikings as far as overall team talent. I'm assuming you are aware of that.

As far as this situation. I stand by what I said. The Packers without Rodgers are not a playoff team. Thinking they'd win 10 games without Rodgers is comical. They are not devoid of talent without Rodgers, but, what you choose to NOT see is that the drafts over the past few years - could have been better. If I'm Rodgers, I'd be very disapointed with the decisions made. He is drama - yes. But - he isn't wrong.
Agreed, without Rodgers they don't beat the bears or vikings. Sure they get two free wins from the lions, but I just don't see them winning 8 other games without some magic from Rodgers.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri May 14, 2021 8:59 am

Skol!

You saw the emoji at the end, right? I don’t know about the Land of 10,000 Lb Mosquitoes, but in the rest of the US that means someone is playfully teasing you.

And I didn’t make the comment about 10 wins, but given what an entitled princess Rodgers is being about all of this I’d be perfectly comfortable if they just traded him to Houston and be done with him. And from what I’m hearing, there are more than a few die hard GB fans who are tired of his act as well. Hey, Aaron, in the world the rest of us live in companies hire a person’s eventual replacement as a normal course of business. Get over yourself.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Fri May 14, 2021 8:59 am

Skol!

Tough crowd.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri May 14, 2021 9:19 am

jenkins.math wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:50 am
thebeast wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:08 am

Doesn't every elite QB elevate their team? Chiefs were round 1 losers with Alex Smith then in the AFC title game with Mahomes the following year. Look at the Brady effect on both his current and former team. Going 8-8 without good QB play means you actually have a pretty solid team overall.

The Packers have a good roster. This isnt a Colts and Manning situation where they lose Peyton to injury and the team transforms into the very worst in the league. I actually think the Packers roster would win 10 games with average QB play.
I'm not sure. Garrapolo and Goff have been to Super Bowls, Flacco won one, Eli won two. I don't consider any of them elite. The WFT made the playoffs last season without a QB. 8-8 might be a stretch for the Packer without Rodgers.

I think the Brady effect is exaggerated. The Pats had an obscene amount of players sit out due to Covid and Cam got Covid, and they were still just a few plays shy of probably winning enough games to make the playoffs. With regard to Tampa Bay, it wasn't the same roster Winston had, they signed a lot of very good free agents that also helped make that team better.

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Fri May 14, 2021 9:23 am

Skol!

Green Bay's last few drafts have been solid with the exception of the Love pick. But I guess if that works out for them then who can say that was a bad draft either? I'm not sure Jefferson on the Packers changes the NFC title game results, defense was still the issue.

Either way for Viking fans they're probably praying there is a big shake up coming to the NFC North like you mention, especially considering they only have like 3 playoff wins in 20 years.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri May 14, 2021 9:40 am

Dirty Mike&the Boys wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:23 am
Green Bay's last few drafts have been solid with the exception of the Love pick. But I guess if that works out for them then who can say that was a bad draft either? I'm not sure Jefferson on the Packers changes the NFC title game results, defense was still the issue.
I tend to disagree here. I think Jefferson went before Love anyway, but having another viable WR option would have certainly been more impactful than a back up QB that I am not sure even dressed.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri May 14, 2021 9:49 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:40 am
I tend to disagree here. I think Jefferson went before Love anyway, but having another viable WR option would have certainly been more impactful than a back up QB that I am not sure even dressed.
This ^

I understand drafting talent rather than need completely. However, some semblance of balance I think would have been much more beneficial for the Packers team considering the future HOF qb and his level of play. It seemed to me that they minimized that too much.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Fri May 14, 2021 11:13 am

JFever wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:49 am
This ^

I understand drafting talent rather than need completely. However, some semblance of balance I think would have been much more beneficial for the Packers team considering the future HOF qb and his level of play. It seemed to me that they minimized that too much.
We can all agree that GB messed up taking a QB when their HOF QB still had 4-5 seasons left and no plans of retiring, but this notion that they needed to add a WR and be more balanced on offense is total ESPN click bait worthy stuff. He tossed 48 TD last season, proving that adding another WR was not the top need. He literally had his career year, better than a year where he had Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson & Finley. They drafted a WR this draft because it is now a need, due to the fact they don't have a single WR signed for 2022.

As exposed in the NFCCG, their needs were a 2CB/3CB, and improved LB / DL play. They didn't improve any of that. Their D dug them a hole, and they failed to climb out of it. The defense has been a major issue for years & defense still wins championships:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GreenBayPacker ... nd_bradys/
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri May 14, 2021 11:28 am

Dirty Mike&the Boys wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:13 am

This ^

We can all agree that GB messed up taking a QB when their HOF QB still had 4-5 seasons left and no plans of retiring, but this notion that they needed to add a WR and be more balanced on offense is total ESPN click bait worthy stuff. He tossed 48 TD last season, proving that adding another WR was not the top need. He literally had his career year, better than a year where he had Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson & Finley. They drafted a WR this draft because it is now a need, due to the fact they don't have a single WR signed for 2022.

As exposed in the NFCCG, their needs were a 2CB/3CB, and improved LB / DL play. They didn't improve any of that. Their D dug them a hole, and they failed to climb out of it. The defense has been a major issue for years & defense still wins championships:

Jordan Love is the lone offensive skill positional player drafted in the first round by the Packers since 2009. 2009! They are relying too much on Rodgers making it work. Are there other areas of need, sure, but over that same span they have drafted 11 defensive players in round 1
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri May 14, 2021 12:46 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:28 am
Dirty Mike&the Boys wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 11:13 am

This ^

Jordan Love is the lone offensive skill positional player drafted in the first round by the Packers since 2009. 2009! They are relying too much on Rodgers making it work. Are there other areas of need, sure, but over that same span they have drafted 11 defensive players in round 1
This is such an overstated fact...

You can find good receivers in teh 2nd and 3rd rounds.. and the packers have drafted a lot of those guys over the years.