Aaron Rodgers - are we RELAX-ed?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Aaron Rodgers wants out?

Postby Ice » Sat May 08, 2021 7:46 am

Owners and players always have the right to want or get out of a contract. Of course there are consequences based on the decision made by either party.

Obviously people will view these decisions often from an ownership or players perspective. In this case I think both could do and should have done better.

Interestingly the actual loyalty card looks to have been played which will make a solution all the more difficult.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sat May 08, 2021 10:57 am

My 2 cents,

I think Rodgers has legitimate reason to be pissed at the organization, but I don't really know what his end goal is. Even if they grant his wish I don't see him going to a substantially better situation. I think he has enough clout to get what he wants with the Packers, he just has never thrown his weight around until now, and he's gone 0 to 100 in doing it. I think there is a better medium in his own interest and he owes his teammates better than this.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat May 08, 2021 11:13 am

MFundercover wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:57 am My 2 cents,

I think Rodgers has legitimate reason to be pissed at the organization, but I don't really know what his end goal is. Even if they grant his wish I don't see him going to a substantially better situation. I think he has enough clout to get what he wants with the Packers, he just has never thrown his weight around until now, and he's gone 0 to 100 in doing it. I think there is a better medium in his own interest and he owes his teammates better than this.
The end goal is simply to get away from an environment he doesn't want to be in.

Wherever Rodgers goes is going to instantly become Super Bowl Favorites. DEN, WSH, SF, CAR especially.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat May 08, 2021 11:15 am

Sriracha wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:13 am
MFundercover wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:57 am My 2 cents,

The end goal is simply to get away from an environment he doesn't want to be in.

Wherever Rodgers goes is going to instantly become Super Bowl Favorites. DEN, WSH, SF, CAR especially.
Lmfao favorites for second place in the division maybe

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sat May 08, 2021 7:36 pm

Those teams would not be the favorite with Rodgers added.

And if his goal is to just leave an organization he doesn't like, it makes me ask why didn't he throw his weight around before it got to this point?

It all just doesn't make sense.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 12, 2021 3:58 pm

Bortles to GB lol

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed May 12, 2021 7:05 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:36 pm Those teams would not be the favorite with Rodgers added.

And if his goal is to just leave an organization he doesn't like, it makes me ask why didn't he throw his weight around before it got to this point?

It all just doesn't make sense.
It’s about destiny control and Benjamin’s

Makes perfect sense if you think like a narcissist 😃
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed May 12, 2021 7:38 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:58 pm Bortles to GB lol
You absolutely LOVE to see it :lol:

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Wed May 12, 2021 7:45 pm

With these new rumblings of loving Bortles the GB train is clearly coming off the tracks.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu May 13, 2021 7:47 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:45 pm With these new rumblings of loving Bortles the GB train is clearly coming off the tracks.
I doubt they think he's a good QB or expect him to actually play. They need a QB to teach the coaching scheme this offseason.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu May 13, 2021 8:10 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:47 am
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:45 pm With these new rumblings of loving Bortles the GB train is clearly coming off the tracks.
I doubt they think he's a good QB or expect him to actually play. They need a QB to teach the coaching scheme this offseason.
I don't expect him to play either. The enthusiasm levels just seemed too high for a routine vet/backup signing. Kind of the everything is burning and we are all fine situation.

I'm just reading between the lines and consulting my magic 8 ball :think:
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu May 13, 2021 8:17 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:10 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:47 am
I don't expect him to play either. The enthusiasm levels just seemed too high for a routine vet/backup signing. Kind of the everything is burning and we are all fine situation.

I'm just reading between the lines and consulting my magic 8 ball :think:
I hear ya.

I think Rodgers is serious and will sit out past week 1, forcing a trade to Denver.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Thu May 13, 2021 8:46 am

CubfanAA wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:34 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:46 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:14 am Guaranteed portions of the contract are there to protect the players, just like the ability to cut players is there to protect the teams. Both the NFL and the NFLPA have agreed to these terms. It’s amazing how some see only one side of the equation and are convinced that players are getting screwed. Rodgers has already had like $112M of guarantees kick in on his 4 year contract. How is it that he’s getting a raw deal here?
CubfanAA wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:06 am
Players have guarantees in their contracts. If the Packers cut Rodgers right now, he would have made 38M for the next 3 seasons he didn't play for them and they would be fully within the terms of the contract signed. If Rodgers quits right now, the Packers don't get any guaranteed games played from him over the next 3 seasons and Rodgers would be breaking the contract. If Rodgers didn't like the contract he shouldn't have signed it.
I'm not talking numbers here or saying that Rodgers is upset about his contract.

I'm saying that strictly from a general standpoint, how is Rodgers asking out any different from a GM deciding they want to cut a player on any given year?

GMs do it and nobody says a word because "it's a part of the game". Players do it and they're called divas and unloyal for wanting out.
You can't talk about this and not talk about the numbers, because the player has already gotten paid. Unless Rodgers is including in his talk that he is going to pay back the signing bonus and restructure payments, but I highly doubt that is the case. These contracts are worked out to the advantage of both sides...The player gets paid something even if cut and the team can cut players early if they aren't working out. It is specifically written into the contracts when teams can cut players and what the penalty is to the team if they do via the guaranteed portion of the contract. It is in fact VERY different when the player decides they want out of the contract, because they are BREAKING the contract whereas the GM is operating entirely within the contract when they cut a player. Players that do this are divas and unloyal. If you want to pick where you play each year....sign 1 year contracts each year. The only players that have even a slight bit of room to bitch are the ones on rookie contracts, because they have no room to negotiate those.
I don't get this thinking at all. Situations change over time. When players sign these contracts I am sure they have the intent to finish them, but things change. Would you still think Rogers was wrong if the Packers benched him in favor of Love? I don't think you would, which means you see this in shades and not black and white. Personally, I don't think the Packers were right to try and draft a QB for the future. You have an aging QB that is still playing at a high level. Do all you can to try and win another title with him with the small window left. You can draft the QB of the future later. I might get the Packers thinking if a consensus QB studd fell to them, but to trade up for a project QB that was projected to go later when you need a lot of other help was poor management. And even if the pick itself wasn't poor, we are now seeing the impact of the pick and that alone makes it poor management. They wanted Love for the future, he's had a year to sit and learn behind one of the best, trade Rogers and let him play. If he isn't ready now he will never be ready and he was a really bad pick.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu May 13, 2021 8:49 am

As a Vikings fan, this is great entertainment. If this goes through, there is a major change coming for the NFC north.

I'm on Rodgers side here. The last 3 drafts by GB have been inexcusable imo. He has at least a few years of high end production left in the tank. Mismanagement by the GB general manager seems clear.

Skol!
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu May 13, 2021 9:28 am

JFever wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:49 am As a Vikings fan, this is great entertainment. If this goes through, there is a major change coming for the NFC north.

I'm on Rodgers side here. The last 3 drafts by GB have been inexcusable imo. He has at least a few years of high end production left in the tank. Mismanagement by the GB general manager seems clear.

Skol!
Yeah what a disaster that 2019 draft was—getting scrubs like Elgton Jenkins, Darnell Savage and Rashan Gary.

If my Chiefs has an “inexcusable” draft like that in 2018 we might be Super Bowl champions right now

Or 2021 where they literally addressed their three biggest needs in order in the first two days (no idea how the players careers will work out so not commenting beyond that)

Poor Rodgers as a victim of “roster mismanagement” on one of the best rosters in football stacked across the field built by the GM who hired Matt Lafleur and helped turn a 6-9-1 team to back to back NFC Championships

Rodgers isn’t going anywhere. He just wants people suckered into this disgusting narrative