Elijah Moore is Arguably the Most Reliable WR in the 2021 Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Elijah Moore is Arguably the Most Reliable WR in the 2021 Draft

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:09 pm

Rondalebaby wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:19 pm To get the thread back on track, Moore’s profile is elite - I feel like he is in the second tier behind Chase pretty comfortably (along with Bateman).
Agreed

I see a pretty safe bet (comparatively by prospect standards) to hit a WR2 season

Not sure if his upside is that high. This is where size begins to play a role

It's easy to find perennial WR2s (guys who hit top 24 seasons multiple times) who were big and small

It's a lot harder to find "small" WR1s (guys who hit top 10-12 seasons multiple times) who were small. Only ones this decade are Tyreek and Antonio Brown (another outlier in every sense of the word). Diggs if you consider him small has a good shot to join them (needs another WR1 season). Ridley has a shot as well

But in general prototypical X build is more significant for top 12 hit rates than it is for top 24

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:01 am

Crowder restructured 1 year deal. What a shot in the foot. It means I'll safely move Moore to my taxi squad now.

What are the chances he becomes relevant after a year playing second fiddle now? I know Crowder has a history of injuries and Moore will still get his looks, but the ceiling has been dropped a bit for year one now.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:18 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:01 am Crowder restructured 1 year deal. What a shot in the foot. It means I'll safely move Moore to my taxi squad now.

What are the chances he becomes relevant after a year playing second fiddle now? I know Crowder has a history of injuries and Moore will still get his looks, but the ceiling has been dropped a bit for year one now.
I look at this exactly opposite. Crowder takes a 50% pay cut which opens the door to trade him. He is worth 5 million in a trade but not 10 million.

I think he gets traded but regardless I think Moore is a safe week 1 NFL starter.

Obviously, there is a lot of guess work but think the Jets and Wilson would rather grow together with Moore since Crowder would be gone next year anyway.

Besides, that dude is only 5'9" so he shouldn't even be in the league. 8-)

Too Soon......Thought so :silent:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:26 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:18 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:01 am Crowder restructured 1 year deal. What a shot in the foot. It means I'll safely move Moore to my taxi squad now.

I look at this exactly opposite. Crowder takes a 50% pay cut which opens the door to trade him. He is worth 5 million in a trade but not 10 million.

I think he gets traded but regardless I think Moore is a safe week 1 NFL starter.

Obviously, there is a lot of guess work but think the Jets and Wilson would rather grow together with Moore since Crowder would be gone next year anyway.

I am kind of in the camp that all the preseason buzz for Moore was narrative to get Crowder to take this pay cut to get on the field. Not sure any of us can accurately predict who is the week 1 slot reciever at this point
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:08 pm

Crowder being restructured, K. Cole signing, Mims, and Corey Davis...all mouths to feed. Not exactly the most enticing mouths, but still creating a muddy mess.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:40 pm

Teams in the NFL typically don't re-negotiate a deal with the intent to trade the guy. In fact I believe that should they trade Crowder now, he would have a higher dead cap hit than if they just outright cut him before the contract. If a team was interested in him, the Jets could have allowed that team to reach out and get a contract agreement with Crowder, make the trade under the current deal, then the new team announce the reworked deal as part of the trade.

I've heard some rumblings that the new regime isn't high on Mims and that Moore may get some looks outside. I think Crowder is on the Jets for 2021 and just makes the overall Jets WR situation a stay away for 21 fantasy purposes.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:44 pm

And this is why I took him at 2.05 in my Superflex and was THRILLED. Partnered with Chase and Devonate I revamped this inherited team in one draft. My WRs were TERRIBLE. I mean, Beasley was my top WR. OUCH. Great read, finger crossed!
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:32 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:40 pm

Teams in the NFL typically don't re-negotiate a deal with the intent to trade the guy. In fact I believe that should they trade Crowder now, he would have a higher dead cap hit than if they just outright cut him before the contract. If a team was interested in him, the Jets could have allowed that team to reach out and get a contract agreement with Crowder, make the trade under the current deal, then the new team announce the reworked deal as part of the trade.

I've heard some rumblings that the new regime isn't high on Mims and that Moore may get some looks outside. I think Crowder is on the Jets for 2021 and just makes the overall Jets WR situation a stay away for 21 fantasy purposes.
Cap hit's are absorbed when a player is released. Crowder is a FA next year and none of his current contract was guaranteed. By reducing the last year of his contract they may be able to get some return for him if they decide to go that route or just keep him and let him walk after this season.

The restructure does help the Jets here and Crowder still gets some bank so he wasn't just released which most likely was the only reason he agreed to restructure.

I do like Crowder when he is on the field but he misses a lot of time. He is a solid slot play so I think there is a market for him someplace. The Jet's are not contenders most likely this year so it makes sense to shop to him IMO at least before the trade deadline.

No question though that he does make the Jet's WR room better. He is a good player and Moore would benefit from his presence most likely.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:41 pm

If Crowder and Mims were so good, the Jets wouldn't have signed one of the highest priced FA WR and draft a WR with the second pick in round 2. The Jets have new coaching staff, and Moore is there guy.

Moore is going to get plenty of playing time. The Jets will move him all over the field, slot, outside, backfield...like Tyreek...

Crowder is only to ensure the Jets have a solid professional depth at WR. The Jets have been abysmal at WR when they had injuries. Crowder will play for sure, but no one but Moore's success or struggle will limit his playing time

thebadferret
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby thebadferret » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:27 pm

This remembers me of Antonio Gibson last year. Everybody seemed to agree that he has all the talent that is needed, but still he went late because he was in a pool of non-talented players which supposedly were above him on the depth chart.
Talent will surpass, so I'm not really worried. I don't think any team who drafted Elijah depends on him to be a WR1 in week 1 of the upcoming season.

You can pin me on, I think he will be the Jets #1 fantasy receiver after the bye week (if not before).

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:50 am

thebadferret wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:27 pm This remembers me of Antonio Gibson last year. Everybody seemed to agree that he has all the talent that is needed, but still he went late because he was in a pool of non-talented players which supposedly were above him on the depth chart.
Talent will surpass, so I'm not really worried. I don't think any team who drafted Elijah depends on him to be a WR1 in week 1 of the upcoming season.

You can pin me on, I think he will be the Jets #1 fantasy receiver after the bye week (if not before).
:clap: :thumbup: :clap:

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:48 am

Maybe I missed when Keelan Cole became a thing, but I don't see a 28 y/o WR who was undrafted and had terrible metrics being a threat to anyone on that roster. Think the only thing he had going for him was a Freshman breakout, but it was at Wesleyan college and he was already 20 y/o as a freshman soo... it kinda works against the basis of that metric in the first place (being a younger/less physically developed player winning against the juniors/seniors). And he's done barely anything of note in the league on a team with one of the worst WR groups in the NFL the past few years (so ample opportunity to make a name for himself and show out).

My guess would be Davis, Mims, and Crowder starting the season, Crowder injured by half time week 1, Moore comes in and balls out and takes the position from Crowder for the remainder of the season. Either way, it looks to me if anything they are flush with slot guys; I think Mims and Davis will not be getting bumped from the outside spots by anyone on that roster outside of maybe Moore performing so well he gets the nod in 2WR sets and moves all over the field (but I'd still say then that its Mims coming in as the third guy in 3WR sets).

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:29 am

Mims practicing with 2nd team. Cole, David and Moore with 1st
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:21 am

Gibson analogy doesn't work for me ... Gibson had nowhere near the college production and it was 50 / 50 at this time last year whether he'd be a slot receiver / manufactured touches gadget guy / rb who had Guice & AP ahead of him in the RB room.

Moore had arguably as good a season as the Heisman trophy winner in the same conference so it wasn't a stretch for him to show up and possibly look good enough that the Jets would let Crowder walk.

Gibson had shown no sign of being a workhorse RB. Moore had shown that he could be a weapon in multiple ways as a receiver and could perform at a high level.

Jets played it well. Got Moore into camp where he showed he was capable of being a starter. Crowder was hoping he'd be a question mark and the Jets would come begging him to return at his $10 mil cost or very close to it.

As camp progressed it was clear that Crowder lost all leverage. Getting half of the money he was trying to get was a coup and his agent should be commended but I don't know if there's still a clause where Jets can get out of contract for far less. Trade seems absolutely on the table but not sure a lot of teams are paying much for a slot possession guy that makes $5 mil so if they have an out Crowder could still get cut

Moore is coming in with the new regime so don't think Crowder's previous success carries much weight. If he can help team more than Mims or Moore then surely he probably stays. But not being the GM's signing there's no reason for keeping him all things being equal @ a higher cost just so front office doesn't look stupid.

Getting Moore & Wilson chemistry cooking absolutely is in everyone's best interests. Long way of saying that I don't think Crowder stands in the way of Moore unless he shows up & outplays him significantly

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:39 am

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:21 am Gibson analogy doesn't work for me ... Gibson had nowhere near the college production and it was 50 / 50 at this time last year whether he'd be a slot receiver / manufactured touches gadget guy / rb who had Guice & AP ahead of him in the RB room.

Moore had arguably as good a season as the Heisman trophy winner in the same conference so it wasn't a stretch for him to show up and possibly look good enough that the Jets would let Crowder walk.

Gibson had shown no sign of being a workhorse RB. Moore had shown that he could be a weapon in multiple ways as a receiver and could perform at a high level.

Jets played it well. Got Moore into camp where he showed he was capable of being a starter. Crowder was hoping he'd be a question mark and the Jets would come begging him to return at his $10 mil cost or very close to it.

As camp progressed it was clear that Crowder lost all leverage. Getting half of the money he was trying to get was a coup and his agent should be commended but I don't know if there's still a clause where Jets can get out of contract for far less. Trade seems absolutely on the table but not sure a lot of teams are paying much for a slot possession guy that makes $5 mil so if they have an out Crowder could still get cut

Moore is coming in with the new regime so don't think Crowder's previous success carries much weight. If he can help team more than Mims or Moore then surely he probably stays. But not being the GM's signing there's no reason for keeping him all things being equal @ a higher cost just so front office doesn't look stupid.

Getting Moore & Wilson chemistry cooking absolutely is in everyone's best interests. Long way of saying that I don't think Crowder stands in the way of Moore unless he shows up & outplays him significantly
Wow. That's quite an argument. 86-1193-8 doesn't seem very comparable to 117-1856-24 in my book. Moore was good in college, but in no way as good as Smith.