Elijah Moore is Arguably the Most Reliable WR in the 2021 Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: Elijah Moore is Arguably the Most Reliable WR in the 2021 Draft

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:25 am

FYI

(RotoWire) Moore holds one of the three starting spots on the Jets' Week 1 depth chart with Jamison Crowder still on the reserve/COVID list, Ralph Vacchiano of SportsNet New York reports.

Analysis: Moore's snap count in the opener could be directly tied to Crowder's availability. Crowder still has a chance to suit up for the Jets on Sunday, so keep an eye on his status as the week progresses. Should Crowder sit out, Moore could be a sneaky play in some fantasy formats, though his absence from preseason play due to a quad injury didn't help his cause. Corey Davis and Keelan Cole are the other two listed starters for the opener.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:28 pm

mild wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:24 pm
remedy29 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:48 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:17 pm I plan to make some offers for him early in season, when Wilson is acclimating to the NFL and he's not putting up great numbers. I expect a slow start. Camp 7 on 7's etc are one thing, but I think Wilson has a big learning curve, and after the hype of training camp has worn off, and the season starts, and people get into redraft mode, that's when I'm looking to trade...
You better trade for him very early. Moore is the Jets most explosive WR, he is going to play early and the Jets will scheme him touches.
Moore should be the 2nd rookie WR behind Chase considering his college production and situation. The only reason he is not is his height and being drafted by the Jets.
I'm with Remedy here. Say what you want about the Jets starting slow in the early going, but there's a couple things we know for sure:

1. The Jets are going to be down in games still - this roster has improved, but the defense largely has not (eyeball the CB chart for instance)
2. Zach Wilson has as live an arm as any of the rookies in this year's class - and it will just take one or two great throws to send the hype machine into overdrive - throws he can most assuredly make. He will struggle with schemes, but plays off-script combined with that arm talent are his best traits.
3. He's going to have all the attempts in the world. They say they want to run... but the reality of being down 28-7 at the start of the 3rd Q every week will outweigh such ambitions.

I'd be very willing to bet that Elijah Moore has flashed at least twice in a big way by week 4. You're going to need to thread the needle on that buying window imo... especially with the hype train borderline off the tracks right now.
Hype train isn't what it was back then now. This is what I was talking about. A few games in, 5 grabs, 44 yards. Send some feelers out. No point in trading for guys like Moore and Terrace Marshall in the height of pre season hype.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:10 am

Im really happy I chose the other Moore so far
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:35 am

Cherokee wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:10 am Im really happy I chose the other Moore so far
I had my choice of those two, still early but it's tough watching Rondale put up numbers
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:42 am

Any recent trades that have gone down for Elijah Moore? Curious what offers are going through.

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:44 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:42 am Any recent trades that have gone down for Elijah Moore? Curious what offers are going through.
Not a trade, but I was told the asking price was a first rounder next year. I passed.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:20 am

IR1 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:35 am
Cherokee wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:10 am Im really happy I chose the other Moore so far
I had my choice of those two, still early but it's tough watching Rondale put up numbers
It's so early. Switch teams and their numbers are probably reversed.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:54 am

They are both #goodatthegame.

The Jets offense just looks miserable right now.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:31 am

I doubt the price has changed on E Moore. It hasn't for me. If he was going for a late 1st preseason I'm still okay with it.
Wilson a little rocky, but line is bad, so far has played his first NFL game and then played NE where he was sure to have a terrible game, all rookie QB's do, so not surprised there.
Corey Davis was going to be a target hog to begin the season. Unfortunately I don't think he isn't special. I just watched all of Wilson's throws for the NE game and I can't remember Davis doing anything of note. His targets went from 7 to 5 in game 2. Moore's targets went from 4 targets to 8 targets game 1 to 2.
I have no intention of selling for any discount and don't see any reason to do so at this point.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:39 pm

He had 8 targets last week. This is dynasty......Right?

No way his value should be falling after 2 weeks unless his owner is Drunk, Crazy, or just plain Stupid.

Moore is a player that should excel rapidly as this team improves.

I turned down a projected late 1st next year in a deal which I thought was a cheap offer given he is already starting as a rookie and getting a year of development under his belt.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:19 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:39 pm He had 8 targets last week. This is dynasty......Right?

No way his value should be falling after 2 weeks unless his owner is Drunk, Crazy, or just plain Stupid.

Moore is a player that should excel rapidly as this team improves.

I turned down a projected late 1st next year in a deal which I thought was a cheap offer given he is already starting as a rookie and getting a year of development under his belt.
I agree. I'll clarify by saying if he was valued at a late 1st in the preseason, I'm not selling for a late 1st, but that sounds like about the right value. I wouldn't have any incentive to sell unless I thought I could get a mid 1st or better.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:05 pm

WAY WAY WAY too early to freak out on Moore. I'm holding for three years minimum. I wouldn't trade him for a first unless it was a HIGH pick and I felt I'd get an elite RB, so probably 1-4?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:11 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:05 pm WAY WAY WAY too early to freak out on Moore. I'm holding for three years minimum. I wouldn't trade him for a first unless it was a HIGH pick and I felt I'd get an elite RB, so probably 1-4?
I don't think anyone is freaking out, but it's time to kick the tires on owners who may be. This is exactly what I expected to happen, and wasn't looking to trade for him in the off season due to the hype. Now I am.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:16 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:11 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:05 pm WAY WAY WAY too early to freak out on Moore. I'm holding for three years minimum. I wouldn't trade him for a first unless it was a HIGH pick and I felt I'd get an elite RB, so probably 1-4?
I don't think anyone is freaking out, but it's time to kick the tires on owners who may be. This is exactly what I expected to happen, and wasn't looking to trade for him in the off season due to the hype. Now I am.
That price is kind of crazy for a rookie WR who hasn't even broken out yet...

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:11 pm
Ah, I hear you. Good points.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: