General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Elijah Moore is Arguably the Most Reliable WR in the 2021 Draft

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:00 pm

mild wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:09 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:20 pm
mild wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:24 pm I'd be very willing to bet that Elijah Moore has flashed at least twice in a big way by week 4. You're going to need to thread the needle on that buying window imo... especially with the hype train borderline off the tracks right now.
So now is that time to start sending offers. This is sort of what I envisioned. There was no point in making offers in August, when he was getting camp buzz. Now the realities of the NFL have sunk in, and owners may be willing to move him for a little less than they would have back then.
I can definitely eat the L on this one. I thought Zach Wilson would have far more accuracy than he has currently displayed 5 games in. The game script has been there, and Moore has flashed (though not in the counting stats) - but the injury didn't help this prognosis at all.

I'm still hopeful long-term, but this Jets season has big "adjustment to your new job" vibes from everyone at the top, all the way down... Saleh, LaFleur, Wilson, Moore - all of them are having their "rookie moment"... at the same time!
I wasn't so much bringing it up to say I told you so, as much as this is a good point for all who still like the player long term to take a shot at him. The hype, we both agreed, was full throttle in August, and I thought there was a good possibility of this scenario we are now in taking place. I think this is the time to send out offers. A lot of teams are 3-2 or 2-3, looking for an edge, and production now in their FF leagues.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

thebadferret
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby thebadferret » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:06 am

Hello Mr Moore :)

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:29 am

thebadferret wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:06 am Hello Mr Moore :)
very pleased to say hi to him. Glad I was able to be on the wrong end of his breakout game :roll:
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:11 am

I can't believe I got Moore in trade as part of a throw-in. His routes were awesome, QBs just needed to get him the ball.

I wish I tried harder to get him in more leagues. What a breakout game!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:08 am

Another example of a QB killing his receivers' value. New QB(s), improved results. The entire offense (Carter included) improved with the change in QB.

Now to see if EM can keep it up and prove this wasn't a flash in the pan.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:25 am

Super stoked about his coming out last night!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:02 pm

Seems like a slightly less faster M Brown. Possibly better routes though. May have to go buying before too late. Josh loved him last night

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:52 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:59 am
mgscott wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:39 am
cazzie33 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:21 am Gibson analogy doesn't work for me ... Gibson had nowhere near the college production and it was 50 / 50 at this time last year whether he'd be a slot receiver / manufactured touches gadget guy / rb who had Guice & AP ahead of him in the RB room.

Moore had arguably as good a season as the Heisman trophy winner in the same conference so it wasn't a stretch for him to show up and possibly look good enough that the Jets would let Crowder walk.

Gibson had shown no sign of being a workhorse RB. Moore had shown that he could be a weapon in multiple ways as a receiver and could perform at a high level.

Jets played it well. Got Moore into camp where he showed he was capable of being a starter. Crowder was hoping he'd be a question mark and the Jets would come begging him to return at his $10 mil cost or very close to it.

As camp progressed it was clear that Crowder lost all leverage. Getting half of the money he was trying to get was a coup and his agent should be commended but I don't know if there's still a clause where Jets can get out of contract for far less. Trade seems absolutely on the table but not sure a lot of teams are paying much for a slot possession guy that makes $5 mil so if they have an out Crowder could still get cut

Moore is coming in with the new regime so don't think Crowder's previous success carries much weight. If he can help team more than Mims or Moore then surely he probably stays. But not being the GM's signing there's no reason for keeping him all things being equal @ a higher cost just so front office doesn't look stupid.

Getting Moore & Wilson chemistry cooking absolutely is in everyone's best interests. Long way of saying that I don't think Crowder stands in the way of Moore unless he shows up & outplays him significantly
Wow. That's quite an argument. 86-1193-8 doesn't seem very comparable to 117-1856-24 in my book. Moore was good in college, but in no way as good as Smith.
One played 8 gms , the other played 13 ... Do the math on a per gm basis then figure avg per gm & get back to me 😉

Also factor the one played w/ Heisman nominated 1st rd pick QB and way more talented options around him to draw away focus of defense. The other not so much

Edit: Since we didn't hear back from you we did the math for you.

Extrapolated to 13 gms that's 140-1938- 13 for Moore

So Devonta kills Elijah @ TDs & loses the other two stats you quoted. We will stand on our assessments
Somebody's :oops:
Early results are in ... while not definitive it would appear Elijah has been as effective as the Heisman trophy winner once healthy. Both are viable WRs w/ future upside who should be reliably targeted along w/Waddle from class.

Obviously Chase is quite a bit more reliable as the alpha #1 guy in class but Elijah could be #2

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:46 pm

Anteaters wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:08 am Another example of a QB killing his receivers' value. New QB(s), improved results. The entire offense (Carter included) improved with the change in QB.

Now to see if EM can keep it up and prove this wasn't a flash in the pan.
There is plenty of blame to put on Wilson but should be equal blame for LeFluer, he's done far more in the last 2 games to help his QBs than he did for Wilson in the first 7 weeks.
Wilson needs to learn to take the easy small gains rather than go for big play every down, and the OC should (hopefully) keep a lot of these quick laterals/designed plays.
Also from what I've heard he was struggling to see the game from the sideline and he's been in the booth the last 2 games and having a much easier time calling the plays.

Moore I'm very excited for as I went hard for him in my leagues and even played him this week (I got fomo because I had no players yesterday haha)

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:49 am

In redraft lg he was dropped 2 weeks ago & immediately picked EM up but unfortunately didn't think he'd have a big gm Thurs so sat him😞

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:46 am

Are we starting him now? I haven't yet, but might now.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:48 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:46 am Are we starting him now? I haven't yet, but might now.
As much as I love Moore, I don't have a team yet where I need to start him. So, it depends.

I think we need to see more before he's in consideration. What the Jets have done the last few weeks is encouraging

IR1
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby IR1 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:52 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:48 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:46 am Are we starting him now? I haven't yet, but might now.
As much as I love Moore, I don't have a team yet where I need to start him. So, it depends.

I think we need to see more before he's in consideration. What the Jets have done the last few weeks is encouraging
Ditto for me, maybe a flex if your options are limited, but I want to see how the next couple weeks go first
10Team PPR-QB/RB/WR/WR/TE/PK/flex-DT/DE/DE/LB/LB/LB/CB/CB/S/S/flex
QB- Herbert, Tua
RB- Barkley, Swift, Montgomery, Dobbins, Walker
WR-Adams, ARSB, JWilliams, Godwin, Metcalf, Allen, Kirk, Flowers
TE- Kelce, Goedert
PK
DT- Buckner, Simmons, QWilliams,
DE- Hunter, JBosa, Thibodeaux, JPHillips, Rousseau, Paye, Greenard
LB- Edmunds, Warner, E Kendricks, Wagner, De"Vondre Campbell, Asamoah, Sanders
CB- Moore, Howard, Reed
S- Dugger, Pitre, Thompson
IR Dobbins, Dulcich
Taxi- Kincaid, QJohnston

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:28 am

I started him last week in all the leagues I own him. He is still a match up play but happy I got him at 2.3 in one of my leagues as I had a 1st round grade on him.

He is really good in routes and is finding the soft spot in zones. QB development is a legit concern as it takes time but the more experienced backups know how to use a solid route runner.

By year 3 he could be a stud. I drafted him with that in mind and he looks to be developing quickly.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:12 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:28 am
I started him last week in all the leagues I own him. He is still a match up play but happy I got him at 2.3 in one of my leagues as I had a 1st round grade on him.

He is really good in routes and is finding the soft spot in zones. QB development is a legit concern as it takes time but the more experienced backups know how to use a solid route runner.

By year 3 he could be a stud. I drafted him with that in mind and he looks to be developing quickly.
Awesome. I also got him at 2.3. He would be my WR4/5 and at that level, I think he may start for me.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble