General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: Elijah Moore is Arguably the Most Reliable WR in the 2021 Draft

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:06 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:16 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:11 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:05 pm WAY WAY WAY too early to freak out on Moore. I'm holding for three years minimum. I wouldn't trade him for a first unless it was a HIGH pick and I felt I'd get an elite RB, so probably 1-4?
I don't think anyone is freaking out, but it's time to kick the tires on owners who may be. This is exactly what I expected to happen, and wasn't looking to trade for him in the off season due to the hype. Now I am.
That price is kind of crazy for a rookie WR who hasn't even broken out yet...
I don't want to make a lateral move. If I trade him, it's to get an upgrade.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:35 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:06 pm

I don't think anyone is freaking out, but it's time to kick the tires on owners who may be. This is exactly what I expected to happen, and wasn't looking to trade for him in the off season due to the hype. Now I am.
How many WRs do you see getting traded for an elite RB?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:54 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:35 pm

Not that many. I don't think I can get that high a pick, but I'm not bailing on the NCAA reception leader so soon. If you want him I need a 1st round pick, and not the 1.12. That's just me.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:49 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:05 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:05 pm WAY WAY WAY too early to freak out on Moore. I'm holding for three years minimum. I wouldn't trade him for a first unless it was a HIGH pick and I felt I'd get an elite RB, so probably 1-4?
Ah, I hear you. Good points.
My view on the player hasn't changed. I just expected a slow start due to Wilson and the Jets, and the off season hype is the worst time to try and pry a rookie that someone just drafted away from them. They fully believed the hype in training camp and probably expected a fast start. The impatient owners are the ones I am searching for. The ones disappointed that Moore hasn't equalled the hype with immediate production. I managed to do it with AJB his rookie year, flipped James Conner after a big game vs Cincy, and I was mocked in the league chat for it at the time. :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:49 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:54 pm

Not that many. I don't think I can get that high a pick, but I'm not bailing on the NCAA reception leader so soon. If you want him I need a 1st round pick, and not the 1.12. That's just me.
Totally agree. You need incentive to move off him. Getting a late first in a weak looking class doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:59 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:49 pm

Totally agree. You need incentive to move off him. Getting a late first in a weak looking class doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.
Yep
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:58 pm

He was drafted at peak at 1.12 this year, I get we all latch on to players, but he hasn't shown much through 2 games at all. He still has buzz, this may be the last time to recoup value in him. Just a counterpoint.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:09 pm

murphysxm wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:58 pm

He was drafted at peak at 1.12 this year, I get we all latch on to players, but he hasn't shown much through 2 games at all. He still has buzz, this may be the last time to recoup value in him. Just a counterpoint.
It's true that many draft picks peak in value around draft season, but two games where the Jets played 2 strong defenses is bad context to sell a player.

What was Moore supposed to do differently?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:16 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:09 pm
murphysxm wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:58 pm

It's true that many draft picks peak in value around draft season, but two games where the Jets played 2 strong defenses is bad context to sell a player.

What was Moore supposed to do differently?
Regardless of where he was drafted in Fantasy drafts, the guy has early day 2 draft capital and an excellent profile. Not sure why anyone would be panicking after 2 games with a rookie QB clearly in over his head right now. I have my doubts a late first lands an early day 2 pick with his profile next year. Maybe it will, but what's the real incentive to hit reset in the hopes you can after 2 games?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:03 am

Yep. It's early. I give my WRs three years before dropping. Do I need to keep reminding you guys he was the NCAA receptions leader? He'll get it figured out. Lawrence is struggling at QB right now, should we drop him, too? Really, pretty much ALL of the rookie QBs are struggling. Pitts hasn't blown up either. Relax, brothers, have some faith. People were freaking out about Chase's drops. He looks very good. Give them some time!
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:20 pm

mild wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:24 pm
remedy29 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:48 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:17 pm I plan to make some offers for him early in season, when Wilson is acclimating to the NFL and he's not putting up great numbers. I expect a slow start. Camp 7 on 7's etc are one thing, but I think Wilson has a big learning curve, and after the hype of training camp has worn off, and the season starts, and people get into redraft mode, that's when I'm looking to trade...
You better trade for him very early. Moore is the Jets most explosive WR, he is going to play early and the Jets will scheme him touches.
Moore should be the 2nd rookie WR behind Chase considering his college production and situation. The only reason he is not is his height and being drafted by the Jets.
I'm with Remedy here. Say what you want about the Jets starting slow in the early going, but there's a couple things we know for sure:

1. The Jets are going to be down in games still - this roster has improved, but the defense largely has not (eyeball the CB chart for instance)
2. Zach Wilson has as live an arm as any of the rookies in this year's class - and it will just take one or two great throws to send the hype machine into overdrive - throws he can most assuredly make. He will struggle with schemes, but plays off-script combined with that arm talent are his best traits.
3. He's going to have all the attempts in the world. They say they want to run... but the reality of being down 28-7 at the start of the 3rd Q every week will outweigh such ambitions.

I'd be very willing to bet that Elijah Moore has flashed at least twice in a big way by week 4. You're going to need to thread the needle on that buying window imo... especially with the hype train borderline off the tracks right now.
So now is that time to start sending offers. This is sort of what I envisioned. There was no point in making offers in August, when he was getting camp buzz. Now the realities of the NFL have sunk in, and owners may be willing to move him for a little less than they would have back then.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:23 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:20 pm
mild wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:24 pm
remedy29 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:48 am

You better trade for him very early. Moore is the Jets most explosive WR, he is going to play early and the Jets will scheme him touches.
Moore should be the 2nd rookie WR behind Chase considering his college production and situation. The only reason he is not is his height and being drafted by the Jets.
I'm with Remedy here. Say what you want about the Jets starting slow in the early going, but there's a couple things we know for sure:

1. The Jets are going to be down in games still - this roster has improved, but the defense largely has not (eyeball the CB chart for instance)
2. Zach Wilson has as live an arm as any of the rookies in this year's class - and it will just take one or two great throws to send the hype machine into overdrive - throws he can most assuredly make. He will struggle with schemes, but plays off-script combined with that arm talent are his best traits.
3. He's going to have all the attempts in the world. They say they want to run... but the reality of being down 28-7 at the start of the 3rd Q every week will outweigh such ambitions.

I'd be very willing to bet that Elijah Moore has flashed at least twice in a big way by week 4. You're going to need to thread the needle on that buying window imo... especially with the hype train borderline off the tracks right now.
So now is that time to start sending offers. This is sort of what I envisioned. There was no point in making offers in August, when he was getting camp buzz. Now the realities of the NFL have sunk in, and owners may be willing to move him for a little less than they would have back then.
Certainly no one is moving him for more. Good advice. Could try Bateman owners or even Marshall probably. Only takes one owner to panic. I wouldn't sell any of them currently though

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:27 pm

So far, 39.9% of his targets have been deemed uncatchable.

Not ideal

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:57 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:27 pm So far, 39.9% of his targets have been deemed uncatchable.

Not ideal
I don't have his air yards, but it seems they have to be decent. His time will come, he is getting open or drawing flags. I just wish they'd scheme him up to get some YAC rather than only deep balls.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:09 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:20 pm
mild wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:24 pm I'd be very willing to bet that Elijah Moore has flashed at least twice in a big way by week 4. You're going to need to thread the needle on that buying window imo... especially with the hype train borderline off the tracks right now.
I can definitely eat the L on this one. I thought Zach Wilson would have far more accuracy than he has currently displayed 5 games in. The game script has been there, and Moore has flashed (though not in the counting stats) - but the injury didn't help this prognosis at all.

I'm still hopeful long-term, but this Jets season has big "adjustment to your new job" vibes from everyone at the top, all the way down... Saleh, LaFleur, Wilson, Moore - all of them are having their "rookie moment"... at the same time!