Elijah Moore is Arguably the Most Reliable WR in the 2021 Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Elijah Moore is Arguably the Most Reliable WR in the 2021 Draft

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:10 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:31 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:34 am Love this write-up CG. He's been rising up my draft board. I can't get behind the Bama receivers like I usually do so it will be interesting to see where Moore lands vs consensus.

The routes, separation, quickness and hands should all easily translate to Sunday. That Jeremiah quote sums it up best. You love everything, except for size. Usually 5'10 or 5'11 is my cutoff but this guy has me hooked. My only other concern would be the slot usage and whether or not a team uses him there or tries to force him to play outside. Not saying he can't, just that we didn't see much of it.

Re: Mike's post above, I am always looking for true freshman breakouts as they have a good % of hitting. Even if they don't, it's not the end of the world but with AJB and DK there, I'm definitely willing to consider the fact that he could have broken out as a true freshman. I mean, people give the pass to Bama WR who never break out, so why not Moore?

As for comparisons, I can't help but see Steve Smith somewhat, but Moore hasn't shown THAT level of toughness. I saw one comparison to AB but I'm not seeing it. He's got great routes, but is faster and it will be very hard to match ABs level of route running. Not really a knock with either comp because those are 2 of the best to do it.

I have seen a lot of Lockett comps which I can get behind, but I'll throw one more out there. Emmanuel Sanders. I saw a bit of Santonio Holmes comps but I think he was more of an outside guy? Same with DJAX who is basically the lazy man's comp for any WR under 5'11 that runs 4.3
I think the slot usage actually helps Moore, because he has a clearly defined role that he was elite at in college. Nobody gained more yards from the slot in the last two seasons than him. He steps into a high floor role for his strengths and they can mix him in outside as his career progresses. In theory, a freshman breakout was possible if he wasn't playing with the talent he did.

The Sanders comparison I can see a little. I agree that Holmes and D-Jax are bad comps.

You mentioned freshman breakouts...Rondale Moore is one of the rare freshman breakouts in this class. Unfortunately, he didn't produce a ton afterwards because of injuries.
Yeah Rondale is a do not draft for me probably. Too many red flags there. Amon ra st brown and Bateman are the other 2 FR breakouts that I saw.

Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Postby Zhoward88 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:42 am

Honestly Elijah Moore is reminding me of Antonio brown a little “Moore” every time I view his highlights. Liking the style and his routes and steadiness in the short game will get him on the field early.
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).
Start 1 QB 6 pt passing TD, 2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE.

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

TEs- Goedert, fant, Hayden hurst, Dan Arnold, Donald parham
Kicker- koo

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:09 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:10 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:31 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:34 am Love this write-up CG. He's been rising up my draft board. I can't get behind the Bama receivers like I usually do so it will be interesting to see where Moore lands vs consensus.

The routes, separation, quickness and hands should all easily translate to Sunday. That Jeremiah quote sums it up best. You love everything, except for size. Usually 5'10 or 5'11 is my cutoff but this guy has me hooked. My only other concern would be the slot usage and whether or not a team uses him there or tries to force him to play outside. Not saying he can't, just that we didn't see much of it.

Re: Mike's post above, I am always looking for true freshman breakouts as they have a good % of hitting. Even if they don't, it's not the end of the world but with AJB and DK there, I'm definitely willing to consider the fact that he could have broken out as a true freshman. I mean, people give the pass to Bama WR who never break out, so why not Moore?

As for comparisons, I can't help but see Steve Smith somewhat, but Moore hasn't shown THAT level of toughness. I saw one comparison to AB but I'm not seeing it. He's got great routes, but is faster and it will be very hard to match ABs level of route running. Not really a knock with either comp because those are 2 of the best to do it.

I have seen a lot of Lockett comps which I can get behind, but I'll throw one more out there. Emmanuel Sanders. I saw a bit of Santonio Holmes comps but I think he was more of an outside guy? Same with DJAX who is basically the lazy man's comp for any WR under 5'11 that runs 4.3
I think the slot usage actually helps Moore, because he has a clearly defined role that he was elite at in college. Nobody gained more yards from the slot in the last two seasons than him. He steps into a high floor role for his strengths and they can mix him in outside as his career progresses. In theory, a freshman breakout was possible if he wasn't playing with the talent he did.

The Sanders comparison I can see a little. I agree that Holmes and D-Jax are bad comps.

You mentioned freshman breakouts...Rondale Moore is one of the rare freshman breakouts in this class. Unfortunately, he didn't produce a ton afterwards because of injuries.
Yeah Rondale is a do not draft for me probably. Too many red flags there. Amon ra st brown and Bateman are the other 2 FR breakouts that I saw.
Bateman would be my bet. Stepped into a big role from jump and consistently got better. Didn't realize he had straight line speed to that level, but overall is game is very smooth. Someone I'm looking at towards the mid to late.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sat May 15, 2021 7:15 am

Fwiw, he went WR8/2.10 in my 12t SF 1ppr league…to me.

Chase 1.2
Smith 1.8
Waddle 1.10
Terrace 2.2 (me)
Bateman 2.5
St Brown 2.6
R Moore 2.7
E Moore 2.10 (me)
Eskridge 2.11
Brown 2.12
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat May 15, 2021 8:36 am

I like this call a little better than some previous ones because he checks so many boxes. Got the draft capital, highly productive, good route runner, plays bigger than he is, good athleticism, and thicccccc. I just wish he was like an inch taller lmao. But he’s going early-mid 2nd, at that price I think he’s a big value. It appears Crowder would be an easy cut for the Jets and Zach Wilson is a fast processor and very accurate. EMoore had AJB on his knees crying and worshipping him. Easy player to root for and a great player to bet on for the price.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sat May 15, 2021 2:22 pm

realmacaroni wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:15 am Fwiw, he went WR8/2.10 in my 12t SF 1ppr league…to me.

Chase 1.2
Smith 1.8
Waddle 1.10
Terrace 2.2 (me)
Bateman 2.5
St Brown 2.6
R Moore 2.7
E Moore 2.10 (me)
Eskridge 2.11
Brown 2.12
that's funny, i got him in the exact same spot.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sat May 15, 2021 2:25 pm

I took him at 2.03 in a SF. I can't believe the Moore's slipped that far.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sat May 15, 2021 3:22 pm

CG, you’re a freakin’ legend for these write-ups.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sat May 15, 2021 4:08 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:25 pm I took him at 2.03 in a SF. I can't believe the Moore's slipped that far.
I know. 6 QBs and 5 RBs went by 2.4

When Mac and Trask went 11 and 12 i got pretty psyched, missed Javonte by 1 just before my Terrace pick
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

Walter W.
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Walter W. » Sat May 15, 2021 5:35 pm

Just got him at 2.12 in the weaker of the two Dynasty leagues I play, was pretty happy with it. Read this write-up, even happier.
The One Who Knocks
12 team league, 27 man rosters (more during the offseason), 7 man Practice Squad. Standard league with big play scoring for IDPs.

QB: L. Jackson, K. Mond, K. Murray, A. Richardson, D. Thompson-Robinson
RB: L. Bellamy, Z. Charbonnet, N. Chubb, N. Harris, K. Hunt, K. Ingram, C. Edwards-Helaire, J. Mixon, D. Vaughn, J. Warren, K. Williams
WR: C. Austin, O. Beckham, A. Cooper, C. Davis, J. Downs, M. Goodwin, N. Harry, J. Jefferson, J. Jeudy, T. Johnson, M. Jones, A. Lazard, M. Mims, S. Moore, R. Rice, J. Smith-Schuster, J. Washington, A. Wesley, N. Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: N. Fant, H. Henry, K. Pitts, D. Washington
K: Z. Gonzalez, R. Gould, B. McManus
DL: J. Hughes, T. Wilson
LB: D. Harris, J. Houston, S. Leonard
DB: E. Forbes, A. Robertson

2024 picks: 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 6, 7
2025 picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Sun May 16, 2021 1:59 pm

realmacaroni wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:15 am Fwiw, he went WR8/2.10 in my 12t SF 1ppr league…to me.

Chase 1.2
Smith 1.8
Waddle 1.10
Terrace 2.2 (me)
Bateman 2.5
St Brown 2.6
R Moore 2.7
E Moore 2.10 (me)
Eskridge 2.11
Brown 2.12
Oh wow. I’m trying to trade up from pick 17 to pick 12 (team 2) to either take him or hope someone in my top 11 drops. Encouraging to see him fall at times though in case I can’t get it done.
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.02, 1.04, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun May 16, 2021 4:19 pm

I've been hearing a lot of fantasy "experts" down on Moore because "the Jets are always bad" and I think they are really off base here. Living in NY I have a good understanding of the history of the Jets the past 10-20 years and while they haven't been winning a bunch of playoff games etc they haven't just been a floundering franchise either. They had 8+ wins in 14 of 19 years during the period of 1997-2015. That's... pretty good. Most franchises would sign up for that in a heartbeat. Contrast that with the Browns, who have had just 5 such seasons in the past 30 years. The idea that the Jets have been rock bottom for the last 2 decades and never had any talent because of an innate systemic issue is just patently false. The biggest issue is they've been cursed with bad QB's for 25 years. They haven't done a good job bringing in talent the past 5 years, but that doesn't mean when good talent is brought in that it can't succeed. Robby Anderson had 941 yards in his sophmore season. Jamison Crowder had 847 yards his sophore season. Neither of them are elite talents by any means and they still produced very well for 2nd year players with subpar QB play and coaching. Chris Ivory, Quincy Enunwa, the carcass of LeVeon Bell, Isaiah Crowell, I mean, just what the hell were people expecting these players to do? But they have an all-new coaching staff now that seems to be making the right move and bringing in the right pieces. I'm not saying they'll be world beaters but I think people have a really misguided interpretation of how good the Jets have been the past 20-25 years.

Watcher2019
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Watcher2019 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:11 pm

Agree with the OP. Just need to find somewhere to dump my Crowder shares :(

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 16, 2021 6:14 pm

Missed him by 5 picks and had to settle for Jamin Davis with my 2.08. I really did not expect him to drop to me there but would have pounced if he did. Love the match of talent and opportunity. NY just needs someone to step up and change their culture.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun May 16, 2021 6:35 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:19 pm The idea that the Jets have been rock bottom for the last 2 decades and never had any talent because of an innate systemic issue is just patently false. The biggest issue is they've been cursed with bad QB's for 25 years.
Just wanted to add a bit of fun to this... Pat McAfee reacting to the infographic of the last 25 years of Jets QB's :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwSbwmtboaY&t=1s

A salient point, in there, though - man... they're lucky they "hit" on the Rex Ryan era... or it'd look even worse. I think this goes to show - if you can't find a QB for 25 years, then you might as well BE the Browns, in terms of fan/public opinion.