Final 2021 Rookie RB Rankings -- Pre & Post NFL Draft (UPDATED 5/2)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: My Final 2021 Rookie RB Rankings -- Pre & Post NFL Draft

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:55 am

mgscott wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:29 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:43 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:03 am
Do you have Williams rated higher than Harris and Etienne too?
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
I agree with a lot of this...Except for the spelling of Etienne.
:lol:

And I’ve been spelling it correctly all along right up until now. Guess that shows where sobriety get you...

zeeshan2
Captain
Captain

Postby zeeshan2 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:09 am

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports most people he has spoken with believe Pittsburgh will take RB Najee Harris with the No. 24 pick in the draft.

A lot can happen in the first 23 picks but this pairing is becoming increasingly popular in mock drafts. Pittsburgh's ground game was completely inactive last year. They managed just 82.5 rushing yards per game, last in the league by a considerable margin. The team let RB James Conner walk in free agency and has yet to make any effort to replace him. A struggling offensive line didn't help Conner last year but all signs point to the Steelers seeing running back as one of their biggest holes.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1387098478501900290

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:18 am

zeeshan2 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:09 am
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports most people he has spoken with believe Pittsburgh will take RB Najee Harris with the No. 24 pick in the draft.

A lot can happen in the first 23 picks but this pairing is becoming increasingly popular in mock drafts. Pittsburgh's ground game was completely inactive last year. They managed just 82.5 rushing yards per game, last in the league by a considerable margin. The team let RB James Conner walk in free agency and has yet to make any effort to replace him. A struggling offensive line didn't help Conner last year but all signs point to the Steelers seeing running back as one of their biggest holes.
This would downgrade Harris significantly IMO. So many FFers are grading the Steelers based on a perception of what they used to be. The O-line is now 100% committed to keeping Ben upright and their run blocking is nothing short of throw-up-in-your-mouth putrid. Any RB that goes there is going to have to do a lot for themselves and are going to get beaten to a pulp.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:24 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:18 am
zeeshan2 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:09 am

This would downgrade Harris significantly IMO. So many FFers are grading the Steelers based on a perception of what they used to be. The O-line is now 100% committed to keeping Ben upright and their run blocking is nothing short of throw-up-in-your-mouth putrid. Any RB that goes there is going to have to do a lot for themselves and are going to get beaten to a pulp.
Yeah that's a terrible spot for Harris.

I don't put too much stock in rumors though. Teams always float out lies or misdirections. In 2018 the Niners had a top 10 pick and used it on tackle Mike McGlinchy, who said it was a complete shock because nobody on that team attended his workouts or gave him an interview or anything. It's only one example but I know it happens all the time. We also didn't know the Browns were going to select Mayfield until the day of, if I remember correctly.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:22 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:24 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:18 am
Yeah that's a terrible spot for Harris.

I don't put too much stock in rumors though. Teams always float out lies or misdirections. In 2018 the Niners had a top 10 pick and used it on tackle Mike McGlinchy, who said it was a complete shock because nobody on that team attended his workouts or gave him an interview or anything. It's only one example but I know it happens all the time. We also didn't know the Browns were going to select Mayfield until the day of, if I remember correctly.
If i remember correctly the Browns didn't go to Mayfield proday

The year after Cards did the same by not going to Murray proday.

This year i know urban meyer didn't go to zach wilson proday, but i doubt they will skip lawrence lol
https://www.nbcsports.com/video/jaguars ... ns-pro-day
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:55 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:33 am
dustyroads wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:04 amWhere do you think he'll settle out in average ADP and where are you going to be targeting him personally as a value pick (draft spot notwithstanding)?
I'd be happy using a third on him. Where his ADP averages out will depend entirely on landing spot. I can't even guess on that one.
OkOk wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:44 am Appreciate your opinions, Mike. Nice write-up!
I’m keeping an eye on Sermon.
Hey thanks, and so am I. Boom or bust pick with a landing spot that could also make or break his career. It's going to be fun! :dance:
Pretty good landing spot in SF for Sermon, I’d say.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat May 01, 2021 5:54 am

OkOk wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:55 pm
dustyroads wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:04 amWhere do you think he'll settle out in average ADP and where are you going to be targeting him personally as a value pick (draft spot notwithstanding)?
I'd be happy using a third on him. Where his ADP averages out will depend entirely on landing spot. I can't even guess on that one.
OkOk wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:44 am Appreciate your opinions, Mike. Nice write-up!
I’m keeping an eye on Sermon.
Hey thanks, and so am I. Boom or bust pick with a landing spot that could also make or break his career. It's going to be fun! :dance:
A very solid spot! As a 49er fan, I strongly approve drafting RBs in the third and fourth round. Mostert is fast and strong, but he also gets hurt a lot. Serman is an excellent depth pick... who also gets hurt a lot haha!

I think the 49ers might draft another RB later on. I wouldn't be shocked. But that Sermon spot is definitely a primo location. :clap:
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat May 01, 2021 6:05 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:54 am
OkOk wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:55 pm

A very solid spot! As a 49er fan, I strongly approve drafting RBs in the third and fourth round. Mostert is fast and strong, but he also gets hurt a lot. Serman is an excellent depth pick... who also gets hurt a lot haha!

I think the 49ers might draft another RB later on. I wouldn't be shocked. But that Sermon spot is definitely a primo location. :clap:
Where do you think that puts his adp? I've done well picking up the 49ers depth chart and rotating in whoever is healthy to my flex.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat May 01, 2021 6:06 am

Came here to say Sermon is about to fly up draft boards. Some of the 2nd tier WRs got crap landing spots. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sermon become the consensus 1.08 in 1 QB leagues with potential to go higher on landing spot alone
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat May 01, 2021 6:14 am

CGW wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:05 amWhere do you think that puts his adp? I've done well picking up the 49ers depth chart and rotating in whoever is healthy to my flex.
Hard to say. If I were to rank all rookies I think he'd be at the top of my second round selections, but there are so few top RBs to draft this time around that people may reach for him in the late first.
jcc6fd wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:06 amCame here to say Sermon is about to fly up draft boards. Some of the 2nd tier WRs got crap landing spots. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sermon become the consensus 1.08 in 1 QB leagues with potential to go higher on landing spot alone
Yep, and that's too early imo. I'd rather take one of these stellar WRs and trade for a RB later on. As much as I like Sermon, he has an injury history and the Niners tend to share the rock a lot. He's too risky to take in the first imo.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat May 01, 2021 6:30 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:14 am
CGW wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:05 amWhere do you think that puts his adp? I've done well picking up the 49ers depth chart and rotating in whoever is healthy to my flex.
Hard to say. If I were to rank all rookies I think he'd be at the top of my second round selections, but there are so few top RBs to draft this time around that people may reach for him in the late first.
jcc6fd wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:06 amCame here to say Sermon is about to fly up draft boards. Some of the 2nd tier WRs got crap landing spots. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sermon become the consensus 1.08 in 1 QB leagues with potential to go higher on landing spot alone
Yep, and that's too early imo. I'd rather take one of these stellar WRs and trade for a RB later on. As much as I like Sermon, he has an injury history and the Niners tend to share the rock a lot. He's too risky to take in the first imo.
That's about what I was expecting. If he goes in the 1st I won't own him anywhere. If he makes it to the mid to late 2nd in SF he's more appealing.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sat May 01, 2021 6:48 am

jcc6fd wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:06 am Came here to say Sermon is about to fly up draft boards. Some of the 2nd tier WRs got crap landing spots. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sermon become the consensus 1.08 in 1 QB leagues with potential to go higher on landing spot alone
1.05 for me. He wasn't far off Javonte pre draft, for me, and San Fran is a top landing spot despite the narrative. Shanahan rotates guys, but the leader is always extremely productive. The leader often changes, but just because of injuries.

Changing gears ...
Javonte or Etienne for RB2?

I dont trust Urban Meyer and have some doubts about Etienne's elusiveness. Javonte will supplant MelGo in time.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat May 01, 2021 7:22 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:48 am
jcc6fd wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:06 am Came here to say Sermon is about to fly up draft boards. Some of the 2nd tier WRs got crap landing spots. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sermon become the consensus 1.08 in 1 QB leagues with potential to go higher on landing spot alone
1.05 for me. He wasn't far off Javonte pre draft, for me, and San Fran is a top landing spot despite the narrative. Shanahan rotates guys, but the leader is always extremely productive. The leader often changes, but just because of injuries.

Changing gears ...
Javonte or Etienne for RB2?

I dont trust Urban Meyer and have some doubts about Etienne's elusiveness. Javonte will supplant MelGo in time.
Etienne for me and it's no contest imo, but I completely understand if someone wanted J Williams, who has a clearer path towards starting and is in a location that historically has been very generous to running backs. That mile high air is hell on defenses.

Every time I think about the situation Williams is in, I like it more and more. He landed in such a great spot and in an offense that suits his style. He's very lucky and his owners will be happy for the next 4-6 years minimum. But I don't think he'll have enough of a ceiling to be a consistent top 10 back like Etienne.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat May 01, 2021 7:32 am

I didn't think the NFL would like Sermon enough. But then he got day 2 draft capital and the best situation possible.

How do you feel the SF depth chart looks? Mostert, Wilson and Hasty all have 1 year left (Hasty being an ERFA). Gallman is also there, for now. I was thinking before it would be a split again between Mostert/Wilson and then of course next man up with all the injuries. Who is Sermon likely to take touches away from? Will he get all that much work year 1 outside of injury? Regardless of year 1 though, Sermon is the only one projected to be around in 2022. Maybe they bring back Wilson and Hasty for cheap

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Sat May 01, 2021 8:01 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:32 am I didn't think the NFL would like Sermon enough. But then he got day 2 draft capital and the best situation possible.

How do you feel the SF depth chart looks? Mostert, Wilson and Hasty all have 1 year left (Hasty being an ERFA). Gallman is also there, for now. I was thinking before it would be a split again between Mostert/Wilson and then of course next man up with all the injuries. Who is Sermon likely to take touches away from? Will he get all that much work year 1 outside of injury? Regardless of year 1 though, Sermon is the only one projected to be around in 2022. Maybe they bring back Wilson and Hasty for cheap
I don't see a path to Sermon getting regular meaningful carries barring multiple injuries although the same argument can be made for all drafted RBs short of Harris. I think he gets worked in a bit this year, and gets a chance to take a lead role next year but, like many RBs, a lot of that depends on how well he blocks and protects the QB. Something their rookie QB will need when he gets in.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
QB – J. Hurts, A Richardson (R-IR))
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)
WR – J. Chase, C. Lamb, K. Allen, T. Burks, DJ Chark, P. Nakua (R)
TE – D. Waller, C. Okonkwo, L. Thomas, J. Ferguson

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
QB - A. Rodgers, L. Jackson
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)
WR - T. Hill, D. Adams, C. Watson, M. Brown, R. Rice (R)
TE - D. Waller, G. Kittle, J. Ferguson