Final 2021 Rookie RB Rankings -- Pre & Post NFL Draft (UPDATED 5/2)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: My Final 2021 Rookie RB Rankings -- Pre & Post NFL Draft

Postby jcc6fd » Sun May 02, 2021 6:49 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:35 am
Hill falling in the draft was puzzling to me, until someone said on NFL Network that his political stances may have contributed to his fall in the draft. I read about the flag thing and I don't know about that. Maybe there's more and I just don't know about it? Either way, that landing spot is terrible. He could be selected in the 4th round for the Packers and I'd still hate it.
Wait so people on NFL network thought that standing up against Mississippi having the literal symbol of white supremacy as their state flag was a problem for teams drafting in a predominantly black league? If that's all it was I think someone at NFL network is either very confused or very wrong headed. Saying you don't support slavery isn't one side of a "political" issue. Every single black player in the league feels the same way and statistically, based on age and the diversity of their peers, so does the vast majority of all non-black players.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun May 02, 2021 7:28 am

jcc6fd wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:49 am
Hill falling in the draft was puzzling to me, until someone said on NFL Network that his political stances may have contributed to his fall in the draft. I read about the flag thing and I don't know about that. Maybe there's more and I just don't know about it? Either way, that landing spot is terrible. He could be selected in the 4th round for the Packers and I'd still hate it.
Wait so people on NFL network thought that standing up against Mississippi having the literal symbol of white supremacy as their state flag was a problem for teams drafting in a predominantly black league? If that's all it was I think someone at NFL network is either very confused or very wrong headed. Saying you don't support slavery isn't one side of a "political" issue. Every single black player in the league feels the same way and statistically, based on age and the diversity of their peers, so does the vast majority of all non-black players.
That's not the way I took it. Just being political at all is a distraction. Remember all the kneeling and the impact it had? I think owners want to stay away from that kind of stuff.

I don't disagree with you, but I get it from a financial standpoint. The league is a business.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun May 02, 2021 7:28 am

HERE ARE MY POST-NFL DRAFT RANKS

——— RB Early 1st Rounders
Najee Harris
Travis Etienne

——— RB Mid-to-Late 1st Rounders
Javonte Williams

——— RB Late 1st or Early-Mid 2nd Rounders
Michael Carter

——— RB Mid-Late 2nd to Early 3rd Rounders
Trey Sermon

——— RB Mid-Late 3rd to Early-Mid 4th Rounders
Khalil Herbert
Kenny Gainwell
Chris Evans
Jaret Patterson

——— RB Mid to Late 4th Rounders
Chuba Hubbard
Elijah Mitchell

——— RB Dart Throws
Gerrid Doaks
Jake Funk
Pooka Williams (PPR Leagues)
Javian Hawkins (PPR Leagues)

——— RB WHY OH WHY DID YOU LAND IN GREEN BAY!? Value = ZERO, sad face
Kylin Hill

——— Does Your League Value Return Yards? Take This Guy
Kene Nwangwu

——— RB Bust List
Rhamondre Stevenson
Gary Brightwell
Larry Rountree
Jermar Jefferson
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Final 2021 Rookie RB Rankings -- Pre & Post NFL Draft (UPDATED 5/2)

Postby ArrylT » Sun May 02, 2021 7:33 am

Thanks for your hard work sir!
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun May 02, 2021 7:54 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:28 am
jcc6fd wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:49 am
That's not the way I took it. Just being political at all is a distraction. Remember all the kneeling and the impact it had? I think owners want to stay away from that kind of stuff.

I don't disagree with you, but I get it from a financial standpoint. The league is a business.
I mean who could possibly forget the impact kneeling had on the league? I also remember the league being sued by Kaep for collusion based on blackballing him for standing up against racism, Settling that suit and then admitting they were wrong. If saying you shouldn’t have the confederate flag in your state flag is viewed as a “political distraction” by 32 teams, the the league is racist, bar none. Calling that being politically divisive is what I have issue with. Racists benefit from asserting everyone just has to respect their opinions. Anyone who isn’t racist shouldn’t respect white supremacy as just a difference of opinion

NFL network has to fill time during the draft and I hope the analyst didn’t mean anything by it, but if it were true this is akin to the Kaep situation in silencing black people for taking stand for basic, minimal, justice.

What is more likely is that the NFL didn’t value Hill the same way the pundit and fantasy communities did predraft.
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun May 02, 2021 8:02 am

Also kneeling for racial justice wasn’t a “distraction.” It was an intentional movement to promote racial justice and to assert otherwise is racist. People being angry, ignorant and racist about that doesn’t make it a problem

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 02, 2021 8:04 am

jcc6fd wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:54 am but if it were true this is akin to the Kaep situation in silencing black people for taking stand for basic, minimal, justice.
Really? It has nothing to do with appropriating an employer’s time, venue and resources to make a self-serving political statement that has absolutely nothing to do with the purpose of the business (which is entertainment) and alienates a large portion of the consumer base (who pay to watch football for entertainment and not to receive self-serving political messages)?

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Sun May 02, 2021 8:06 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:28 am HERE ARE MY POST-NFL DRAFT RANKS

——— RB Early 1st Rounders
Najee Harris
Travis Etienne

——— RB Mid-to-Late 1st Rounders
Javonte Williams

——— RB Late 1st or Early-Mid 2nd Rounders
Michael Carter

——— RB Mid-Late 2nd to Early 3rd Rounders
Trey Sermon

——— RB Mid-Late 3rd to Early-Mid 4th Rounders
Khalil Herbert
Kenny Gainwell
Chris Evans
Jaret Patterson

——— RB Mid to Late 4th Rounders
Chuba Hubbard
Elijah Mitchell

——— RB Dart Throws
Gerrid Doaks
Jake Funk
Pooka Williams (PPR Leagues)
Javian Hawkins (PPR Leagues)

——— RB WHY OH WHY DID YOU LAND IN GREEN BAY!? Value = ZERO, sad face
Kylin Hill

——— Does Your League Value Return Yards? Take This Guy
Kene Nwangwu

——— RB Bust List
Rhamondre Stevenson
Gary Brightwell
Larry Rountree
Jermar Jefferson
Carter over Sermon feels like favoring immediate opportunity over draft capital and player fit.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
QB – J. Hurts, A Richardson (R-IR))
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)
WR – J. Chase, C. Lamb, K. Allen, T. Burks, DJ Chark, P. Nakua (R)
TE – D. Waller, C. Okonkwo, L. Thomas, J. Ferguson

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
QB - A. Rodgers, L. Jackson
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)
WR - T. Hill, D. Adams, C. Watson, M. Brown, R. Rice (R)
TE - D. Waller, G. Kittle, J. Ferguson

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun May 02, 2021 8:14 am

jcc6fd wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:02 am Also kneeling for racial justice wasn’t a “distraction.” It was an intentional movement to promote racial justice and to assert otherwise is racist. People being angry, ignorant and racist about that doesn’t make it a problem
When everything is racist then nothing is; Keep the politics out of this. Your Post is insulting and in all honesty makes you sound like the angry one painting the actions of some with such a broad bush. Disagreeing with a specific viewpoint is far from racist no matter how you spin it.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun May 02, 2021 8:16 am

Chuba Hubbard did the same thing over an OAN shirt and went in the 4th. I don’t think it’s reasonable to assume that Hill was blackballed.
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:04 am
jcc6fd wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:54 am but if it were true this is akin to the Kaep situation in silencing black people for taking stand for basic, minimal, justice.
Really? It has nothing to do with appropriating an employer’s time, venue and resources to make a self-serving political statement that has absolutely nothing to do with the purpose of the business (which is entertainment) and alienates a large portion of the consumer base (who pay to watch football for entertainment and not to receive self-serving political messages)?
Man, people love to tell on themselves.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun May 02, 2021 9:17 am

Avery wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:06 amCarter over Sermon feels like favoring immediate opportunity over draft capital and player fit.
Yes I agree, though most people ranked pretty close to begin with, including myself.

I like Carter a lot because of his versatility. My only knock on him was that he couldn't create space at the LOS, but he could do everything else above average. I wondered if his size would be good enough for NFL teams to feel like they could give him a shot at the starting spot. Landing with the Jets gives him an opportunity to do just that, which makes him the better value atm. I think he may only be a starter for a year or two at best before they replace him with someone else, and send him back to COP or 3rd down duties.

Sermon, on the other hand, is sitting behind Mostert in an offense that uses the RBBC approach. He also has an injury history, and is on a team that has an injury history at that position. Sermon also lacks top speed. However, I think he's the better pure runner and will have more success long term than Carter as a result.

I would draft Carter to help me now and I'd flip him for a profit or lateral value later.

I would draft Sermon if I had Mostert or if I needed flex depth and if Carter was already drafted, and I'd pretty much sell Sermon the first chance I could if I didn't need him for depth for the rest of the season.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Sun May 02, 2021 9:35 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:17 am
Avery wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:06 amCarter over Sermon feels like favoring immediate opportunity over draft capital and player fit.
Yes I agree, though most people ranked pretty close to begin with, including myself.

I like Carter a lot because of his versatility. My only knock on him was that he couldn't create space at the LOS, but he could do everything else above average. I wondered if his size would be good enough for NFL teams to feel like they could give him a shot at the starting spot. Landing with the Jets gives him an opportunity to do just that, which makes him the better value atm. I think he may only be a starter for a year or two at best before they replace him with someone else, and send him back to COP or 3rd down duties.

Sermon, on the other hand, is sitting behind Mostert in an offense that uses the RBBC approach. He also has an injury history, and is on a team that has an injury history at that position. Sermon also lacks top speed. However, I think he's the better pure runner and will have more success long term than Carter as a result.

I would draft Carter to help me now and I'd flip him for a profit or lateral value later.

I would draft Sermon if I had Mostert or if I needed flex depth and if Carter was already drafted, and I'd pretty much sell Sermon the first chance I could if I didn't need him for depth for the rest of the season.
I agree with the general take that Carter may hit sooner and Sermon will have better long term success.

My process from that may slightly differ, perhaps I am discounting the injury history and Shanahan's RBBC approach too much on Sermon, but he is a "draft and hold" to me expecting him to lead the RB corps in 2022 (while all the previous RBs are out of contract beyond this year) while Carter is a guy I would look to sell the first game he hits.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III,J. Hill, J. Ford, K. Miller (R), J.K. Dobbins (IR), K. Hebert (IR)

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)

Csl312
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Csl312 » Sun May 02, 2021 10:11 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:04 am Really? It has nothing to do with appropriating an employer’s time, venue and resources to make a self-serving political statement that has absolutely nothing to do with the purpose of the business (which is entertainment) and alienates a large portion of the consumer base (who pay to watch football for entertainment and not to receive self-serving political messages)?
Look this thread should stay on topic. And this is not meant to be an attack on anyone. But please try to understand that it is far from self serving to try to highlight racial injustice in our country. If anything do look at the whole Kaep situation. This guy obviously risked his career before getting even a shot at a single nfl paycheck. It's not at all self serving.

That said as has been mentioned every year there are players who don't get drafted as high as expected because NFL talent evaluators just don't like him as much as media analysts and us armchair GMs. That's probably what happened here.

Mike thanks for all the work you put in on this every year. Don't always agree with everything but these posts always give me a lot of food for thought. Especially this year as I have really had zero time to think about fantasy football so far! :clap:

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Sun May 02, 2021 10:22 am

as a jrob owner i will have to choose between harris and etienne! tough one! team in sig
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Sun May 02, 2021 10:27 am

Dynos wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:22 am as a jrob owner i will have to choose between harris and etienne! tough one! team in sig
Choose who you think is the better player regardless of who you have on your roster. Just use that as a tiebreaker if two players are dead even.

I'd be taking Harris all day but I already had Harris higher.