Final 2021 Rookie RB Rankings -- Pre & Post NFL Draft (UPDATED 5/2)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
willistylz1979
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Final 2021 Rookie RB Rankings -- Pre & Post NFL Draft (UPDATED 5/2)

Postby willistylz1979 » Sun May 02, 2021 11:02 am

Dynos wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:22 am as a jrob owner i will have to choose between harris and etienne! tough one! team in sig
PPR
Yea I’m at pic 1.03 so I doubt Harris slides to me, so Entienne it is, though I really like Javonte Williams a lot. Entienne will be 1A by mid year IMO. JW is gonna be the guy eventually. Not sure about MG contact though.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun May 02, 2021 11:30 am

willistylz1979 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:02 am
Dynos wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:22 am as a jrob owner i will have to choose between harris and etienne! tough one! team in sig
PPR
Yea I’m at pic 1.03 so I doubt Harris slides to me, so Entienne it is, though I really like Javonte Williams a lot. Entienne will be 1A by mid year IMO. JW is gonna be the guy eventually. Not sure about MG contact though.
Gordon has a 9M cap hit this year and then is a UFA.

Mike Boone is the only other RB signed through 22, so door is wide open for JW

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun May 02, 2021 12:07 pm

Csl312 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:11 amMike thanks for all the work you put in on this every year. Don't always agree with everything but these posts always give me a lot of food for thought. Especially this year as I have really had zero time to think about fantasy football so far! :clap:
I love doing it! Didn't have as much time this year to devote to it all but I gave what I could.
Avery wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:27 am
Choose who you think is the better player regardless of who you have on your roster. Just use that as a tiebreaker if two players are dead even.

I'd be taking Harris all day but I already had Harris higher.
Oof. A JRob owner with a Harris vs Etienne decision. Not ideal. Yeah you gotta go with the BPA, always. I'd actually take Chase if I had the 1.01 in a full dynasty tbh. I may even trade back to 1.03 and take whoever is left, if I could.

But if the choice is Harris and Etienne, you really can't go wrong imo. You're a winner either way.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sun May 02, 2021 12:50 pm

Ice wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:14 am
jcc6fd wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:02 am Also kneeling for racial justice wasn’t a “distraction.” It was an intentional movement to promote racial justice and to assert otherwise is racist. People being angry, ignorant and racist about that doesn’t make it a problem
When everything is racist then nothing is; Keep the politics out of this. Your Post is insulting and in all honesty makes you sound like the angry one painting the actions of some with such a broad bush. Disagreeing with a specific viewpoint is far from racist no matter how you spin it.
That's kind of what I'm disappointed in. That standing up for racial justice is "political." It's not just an expectation. Also acknowledging racial insensitivity in oneself doesn't mean they have admitted to having an insurmountable character flaw. People aren't always aware about how their words/actions are perceived. Take Mark Davis after the Floyd verdict. He didn't realize "I can breathe" was a slogan used by racists in New York who supported the police murder of Eric Gardner. People were naturally angry about that but he was informed by that and acknowledged that he learned from it.

I'm sorry you were insulted by me calling out racism (which teams not drafting a player based on him calling out Mississippi for having the confederate flag in their state flag absolutely would be). Confronting America's history of racism is difficult and tensions are high. But it's important.

Edit: also apologize if my tone wasn't clear. I was more questioning and informing rather than upset/raging about the subject. I realize that wouldn't be clear and that your assumption of me being angry is valid given most conversations about this tend to be upsetting (reasonably).
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

willistylz1979
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby willistylz1979 » Sun May 02, 2021 1:35 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:30 am
willistylz1979 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:02 am
PPR
Gordon has a 9M cap hit this year and then is a UFA.

Mike Boone is the only other RB signed through 22, so door is wide open for JW
Thanks for this, now I like him even more, not sure if I’d grab him over Entienne, but at 4 all day long!

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun May 02, 2021 3:15 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:50 pm
jcc6fd wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:02 am Also kneeling for racial justice wasn’t a “distraction.” It was an intentional movement to promote racial justice and to assert otherwise is racist. People being angry, ignorant and racist about that doesn’t make it a problem
When everything is racist then nothing is; Keep the politics out of this. Your Post is insulting and in all honesty makes you sound like the angry one painting the actions of some with such a broad bush. Disagreeing with a specific viewpoint is far from racist no matter how you spin it.
That's kind of what I'm disappointed in. That standing up for racial justice is "political." It's not just an expectation. Also acknowledging racial insensitivity in oneself doesn't mean they have admitted to having an insurmountable character flaw. People aren't always aware about how their words/actions are perceived. Take Mark Davis after the Floyd verdict. He didn't realize "I can breathe" was a slogan used by racists in New York who supported the police murder of Eric Gardner. People were naturally angry about that but he was informed by that and acknowledged that he learned from it.

I'm sorry you were insulted by me calling out racism (which teams not drafting a player based on him calling out Mississippi for having the confederate flag in their state flag absolutely would be). Confronting America's history of racism is difficult and tensions are high. But it's important.

Edit: also apologize if my tone wasn't clear. I was more questioning and informing rather than upset/raging about the subject. I realize that wouldn't be clear and that your assumption of me being angry is valid given most conversations about this tend to be upsetting (reasonably).
You can’t help yourself, can you? I believe you’d do everyone else here a favor by taking your crusade elsewhere other than a FF MB.

And if you really want to have a frank discussion about the topic elsewhere let me know, because your assertions make you seem, while certainly passionate, undereducated and willfully insulting.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Sun May 02, 2021 4:08 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:15 pm

You can’t help yourself, can you? I believe you’d do everyone else here a favor by taking your crusade elsewhere other than a FF MB.

And if you really want to have a frank discussion about the topic elsewhere let me know, because your assertions make you seem, while certainly passionate, undereducated and willfully insulting.
This is exactly how you’re coming across
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun May 02, 2021 4:53 pm

I've read all of the replies and I think that both sides are having a hard time seeing the other side. Perhaps it's a microcosm of everything that the NFL is trying to avoid.

Let's get back to the on-topic discussion of rookie RBs or I'll be forced to lock this thread. If you have more that you want to say to just the 1 or 2 people engaged in this off-topic conversation, please make it private via PMs. Thank you.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Tue May 04, 2021 12:14 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:53 pm I've read all of the replies and I think that both sides are having a hard time seeing the other side. Perhaps it's a microcosm of everything that the NFL is trying to avoid.

Let's get back to the on-topic discussion of rookie RBs or I'll be forced to lock this thread. If you have more that you want to say to just the 1 or 2 people engaged in this off-topic conversation, please make it private via PMs. Thank you.
Why is it every time a fight breaks out at the playground, it gets shut down and blocks all of the other kids from playing there?
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:22 pm

@Hottoddies

Aren't you not allowed within 500' of said playgrounds😉

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Wed May 05, 2021 5:17 am

Hottoddies wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:14 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:53 pm I've read all of the replies and I think that both sides are having a hard time seeing the other side. Perhaps it's a microcosm of everything that the NFL is trying to avoid.

Why is it every time a fight breaks out at the playground, it gets shut down and blocks all of the other kids from playing there?
Because I said so. You'll understand when you grow up. Sometimes life isn't fair. It's for your own good. You know Christmas is right around the corner and Santa is watching.... Did that about cover it? lol

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:48 am

Ruggenater wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:08 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:15 pm

This is exactly how you’re coming across
Can we please have this be the one safe place away from politics. Folks arguing on message boards makes them all look ridiculous.

Great post, Mike!

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:04 am

Got Javonte Williams at the 1.05 yesterday. What do we all think of him here? Are these Rodgers rumors all smoke with no fire?

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon May 17, 2021 9:14 am

True.
True.
True.

I understand exactly what you're saying. Unfortunately, some people either don't quite grasp it, or are actively against it.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon May 17, 2021 9:45 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:04 amGot Javonte Williams at the 1.05 yesterday. What do we all think of him here? Are these Rodgers rumors all smoke with no fire?
I'm a bit of a mixed bag. Williams landed in a great spot, perhaps the best one for his skillset. Because of that alone, I like him better than I would anywhere else. I see him as a "meh" back with a great spot. Many people think his skills are a lot better than I do. For the 2021 season I wouldn't expect much because Gordon will be the starter, and he'll do enough to retain that role ahead of Williams this time around.

I do not own Williams and will not own him anywhere. For me he's my 11th or 12th ranked rookie, and I don't see him being more than a 3-4 year starter with the Broncos at best.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs: