General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mgscott
Starter
Starter

Re: Pre-Draft Buzz/Landing Spot Clues?

Postby mgscott » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:41 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:03 pm
mgscott wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:10 pm
murphysxm wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:05 pm I guess I think Sewell could be a 10 year plug and play and you have to protect your franchise QB's. I have been wrong before though
That's probably the safest move. They already have weapons on O and can pick up more later in the draft. The top OT would be hard to pass on. The only way I would consider differently is if Pitts were still available.
Bengals should draft the the best player available. If it's Chase or Pitts or Sewell. There are more than one round to this draft to get OL.
For me BPA would be Pitts>Sewell>>>Chase

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:25 pm

mgscott wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:41 pm
mgscott wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:10 pm

That's probably the safest move. They already have weapons on O and can pick up more later in the draft. The top OT would be hard to pass on. The only way I would consider differently is if Pitts were still available.
Bengals should draft the the best player available. If it's Chase or Pitts or Sewell. There are more than one round to this draft to get OL.
I had this view as well, but I've been hearing for months now that some teams rank Slater over Sewell. If he isn't even the consensus top at his position, how can Sewell compete with Chase? The only reason I can see is if one highly/over values OT. Given Burrow and his knee injury, I understand the logic.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:33 pm

I wonder what the biggest skill player draft curveball will be?

Like imagine if the Titans took Etienne & paired him as a thunder & lightning duo with Derek Henry.

Will be see any wackiness that catches everyone off guard?

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:34 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:25 pm
mgscott wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:41 pm

I had this view as well, but I've been hearing for months now that some teams rank Slater over Sewell. If he isn't even the consensus top at his position, how can Sewell compete with Chase? The only reason I can see is if one highly/over values OT. Given Burrow and his knee injury, I understand the logic.
Yeah I hadn't heard that some teams don't rank Sewell at #1 OT, but it's possible some don't have Chase as #1 WR. I've seen some scouts/analysts that rank others over Chase (so do I, but not a scout/analyst). Also, I think OT is generally valued over WR, but could be wrong.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:35 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:13 pm I think the 49ers are going J.Fields. I don’t think there’s any chance that they go Mac Jones, surprised that so many people think that’s the pick at 3rd overall. I think the real intrigue starts at 1.04, do the Falcons stay put and take K.Pitts or do they trade down to #9 with Denver or maybe #15 to NE, so one of those teams can take T.Lance.
Yea could be he threw for 4500 yards, 41 TD's and 4 int's or it could be he broke the all time NCAA completion percentage in a season he won a national title; Or maybe they just want to draft a very big brain that processes information at light speed. (Jones earned his degree in 3 years and already has a Masters degree.)

The single most important thing for a QB is to throw the ball on time accurately. Of course he is slow having run his 40 just 1/10th of a second faster than the #1 pick last year.

Some teams are simply in win now mode and want a really smart QB that is pro ready from the jump. They may not take Jones but they sure could do a lot worse.

He looks like a great fit for the 49'ers IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:01 pm

jordanzs wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:33 pm I wonder what the biggest skill player draft curveball will be?

Like imagine if the Titans took Etienne & paired him as a thunder & lightning duo with Derek Henry.

Will be see any wackiness that catches everyone off guard?
It's the NFL draft so almost certainly yes.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:32 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:35 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:13 pm I think the 49ers are going J.Fields. I don’t think there’s any chance that they go Mac Jones, surprised that so many people think that’s the pick at 3rd overall. I think the real intrigue starts at 1.04, do the Falcons stay put and take K.Pitts or do they trade down to #9 with Denver or maybe #15 to NE, so one of those teams can take T.Lance.
Yea could be he threw for 4500 yards, 41 TD's and 4 int's or it could be he broke the all time NCAA completion percentage in a season he won a national title; Or maybe they just want to draft a very big brain that processes information at light speed. (Jones earned his degree in 3 years and already has a Masters degree.)

The single most important thing for a QB is to throw the ball on time accurately. Of course he is slow having run his 40 just 1/10th of a second faster than the #1 pick last year.

Some teams are simply in win now mode and want a really smart QB that is pro ready from the jump. They may not take Jones but they sure could do a lot worse.

I don’t doubt that he could succeed there, my thing is, they would be drafting a QB with many similarities to Jimmy G and paying a premium to do it. I feel like you move up to take a player like Fields or Lance who have more of a “unique” skill set, but we will see soon enough. I can’t wait to find out the landing spots for all the top rookies.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:22 pm

Chase is a better prospect than Sewell in the NFL's eyes--I don't disagree. Every analyst who is generally known for their NFL FO connections has Chase well above Sewell and Sewell and Slater as almost equal

In that case the Bengals should look at trading back in my eyes and get Darrisaw in the teens. I would understand that for sure. OL strength is less about how good your best guy is and more about how good your worst guy is--you build that up with multiple picks that a trade back would help acquire though

I don't get how WR is such a huge need for them. Maybe a field stretcher like a Dyami Brown in the 3rd would be appropriate but they have two studs and they're young

Then again what do I know

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:27 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:32 pm
Ice wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:35 pm

I don’t doubt that he could succeed there, my thing is, they would be drafting a QB with many similarities to Jimmy G and paying a premium to do it. I feel like you move up to take a player like Fields or Lance who have more of a “unique” skill set, but we will see soon enough. I can’t wait to find out the landing spots for all the top rookies.
What you think and what the Niners think are two different matters and there are always guys the NFL likes more than fans and vice versa. There is absolutely a reason that every reliable reporter and insider from Peter King to Daniel Jeremiah to Schefter to Rap seems to think it's Mac with another contingent of insiders thinking it's Lance

That said the Niners FO is known to have tight lips so I don't think anyone really knows outside of a few but Fields to me (even though he'd be my pick after Lawrence and Wilson) is the least likely if I had to guess. NFL FOs have shown consistently to not be as high on him as fans (who were calling him the locked in 1b to Lawrence for the last year)

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:48 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:22 pm Chase is a better prospect than Sewell in the NFL's eyes--I don't disagree. Every analyst who is generally known for their NFL FO connections has Chase well above Sewell and Sewell and Slater as almost equal

In that case the Bengals should look at trading back in my eyes and get Darrisaw in the teens. I would understand that for sure. OL strength is less about how good your best guy is and more about how good your worst guy is--you build that up with multiple picks that a trade back would help acquire though

I don't get how WR is such a huge need for them. Maybe a field stretcher like a Dyami Brown in the 3rd would be appropriate but they have two studs and they're young

I've heard/read that the top OT tier is Sewell/darrisaw/Slater in whatever order you prefer. The comment about a strong OL is based on how good the worst guy is is a great point. Only problem is Cincy trading at all. IIRC, they tend to stick and pick.

The bit about Higgins and Boyd being studs though? Hard to get behind that. They quality WRs, but not guys I'd want as the centerpiece of an NFL attack. They're Marvin Jones and Golden Tate, or Kupp and Woods.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:11 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:27 pmThat said the Niners FO is known to have tight lips so I don't think anyone really knows outside of a few but Fields to me (even though he'd be my pick after Lawrence and Wilson) is the least likely if I had to guess. NFL FOs have shown consistently to not be as high on him as fans (who were calling him the locked in 1b to Lawrence for the last year)
Not trying to pile on here but Lawrence and Fields have been neck and neck as prospects for years.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-fo ... yva6lgjni3

https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-foo ... in-fields/

"He received a five-star rating and a composite score of 0.9998, which ranks tied for eighth all-time in the ranking’s history."

Not saying he's all that, or will amount to anything, but he has history of being well regarded, so dismissing him as a smoke cloud for fans seems wrong.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:21 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:11 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:27 pmThat said the Niners FO is known to have tight lips so I don't think anyone really knows outside of a few but Fields to me (even though he'd be my pick after Lawrence and Wilson) is the least likely if I had to guess. NFL FOs have shown consistently to not be as high on him as fans (who were calling him the locked in 1b to Lawrence for the last year)
Not trying to pile on here but Lawrence and Fields have been neck and neck as prospects for years.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-fo ... yva6lgjni3

https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-foo ... in-fields/

"He received a five-star rating and a composite score of 0.9998, which ranks tied for eighth all-time in the ranking’s history."

Not saying he's all that, or will amount to anything, but he has history of being well regarded, so dismissing him as a smoke cloud for fans seems wrong.
I'm speaking specifically with regard to their NFL standing and in general saying that draft takes about a class until 8 months prior to the draft aren't really worth all that to me because the info you hear isn't generally from actual NFL people

Like I like Sam Howell and Spencer Rattler but they aren't "locked in" as the top 2 QBs next year and we don't really have anything actually solid from NFL circles that they are the QB1/2 in 2022. If someone new comes and goes number 1 overall next year they won't be "surpassing" them in the NFL's view. They'd just be better

I guess I'm saying draft boards from a year ago shouldn't sway you that much

Not saying that Fields being higher in fans' minds than he may be in NFL FOs' means he will be bad either

There are examples of NFL teams overthinking a good player and them falling (Watson) and of NFL teams knowing more than fans who were quick to crown a guy based on his college performance (Haskins's falling to 18)

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:24 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:48 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:22 pm Chase is a better prospect than Sewell in the NFL's eyes--I don't disagree. Every analyst who is generally known for their NFL FO connections has Chase well above Sewell and Sewell and Slater as almost equal

I've heard/read that the top OT tier is Sewell/darrisaw/Slater in whatever order you prefer. The comment about a strong OL is based on how good the worst guy is is a great point. Only problem is Cincy trading at all. IIRC, they tend to stick and pick.

The bit about Higgins and Boyd being studs though? Hard to get behind that. They quality WRs, but not guys I'd want as the centerpiece of an NFL attack. They're Marvin Jones and Golden Tate, or Kupp and Woods.
Boyd is a WR2 agreed

But I don't know what Higgins has to do to earn respect. He had the kind of rookie year Chase would be lucky to have. He was the 2nd best rookie WR last year--better than Ceedee Lamb, better than Brandon Aiyuk, better than Jerry Jeudy, etc

He had an elite profile in college as a freshman breakout and early declare who competed with targets against NFL WRs and then put up a tick under 1000 yards as a rookie while missing Burrow for 4 games and missing a few games himself for injury

He is built like a WR1 frame wise

What would have convinced you that he is a future WR1 if that didn't?

If I put together a historical list of guys who produced as well as he did in college, had his analytical profile and size, and his rookie year production--well let's just say that list would be a who's who of stars and superstars and I would bet most of them hit WR1 seasons at some point in their careers

I don't see a single data point on Higgins that should relegate him to being a complementary piece

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:23 am

This is very well said. Completely agree on all points. Really hope this is the path they choose to take.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:00 am

This is more of the "wackiness catching people off guard" answer and probably unlikely to happen, although I did read a few things about Jerry Jones' infatuation with him; Atlanta trades back to 10, letting the Cowboys move up to 4 and take Kyle Pitts. I'm not sure if they have the ammo, at least enough to outbid other teams who may be trying to come up for QB there; but I think Jerry-world is crazy enough to do it. He's obsessed with measurables and offensive freaks, they have a need for TE, and I'm in the "Pitt's won't make it past the Eagles" believer's group so I think if they want him they gotta move up.