Pre-Draft Buzz/Landing Spot Clues?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Pre-Draft Buzz/Landing Spot Clues?

Postby mild » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:00 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:31 pm I genuinely don’t know who the pick is.
I think Rotoworld said it best; that this has all been a smokescreen to appease their fanbase that "due diligence" has been done, more than anything else. How else to explain this quote from Tom Pelissero:
#49ers coach Kyle Shanahan says they started out with one QB in mind with the No. 3 pick, but: “After going through this process, I feel good about five guys at 3.”
From Rotoworld:
We have an extremely difficult time believing the 49ers would trade up to No. 3 overall without knowing who the pick was, but we suppose stranger things have happened. Something else that keeps happening is names other than Jones getting leaked while Jones never really leaves the picture. It would seem the Niners have been locked in on Jones all along but are trying to create a narrative of uncertainty. They have no need to smokescreen since the first two picks are locked in and they cannot be be jumped, so that would admittedly be odd. Perhaps this is the rare time where a team in the Niners' situation really does not know what they will do four days from now. The preponderance of evidence says they will select Jones.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:26 pm

I refuse to believe that Lynch moved up without knowing who they were picking.

Some people in the 49ers camp blabbed to an insider and now other people are trying to cover up by planting uncertainty.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:44 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:26 pm I refuse to believe that Lynch moved up without knowing who they were picking.

Some people in the 49ers camp blabbed to an insider and now other people are trying to cover up by planting uncertainty.
Yeah I agree

I think it has always been Jones for Shanahan with some in the org pushing for Lance

He had to know from Saleh who the Jets were going

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:26 pm

If they somehow take Jones, 49ers fans should riot. What a terrible trade to move up for such a meh prospect.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:56 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:26 pm If they somehow take Jones, 49ers fans should riot. What a terrible trade to move up for such a meh prospect.
Strong opinion; Don’t agree at all but time may tell in a few years.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:00 am

A lot of rumors that the Vikings are exploring trading up to the #10 range from #14 to get an OT.

I don't like the idea personally, but it's just rumors.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:20 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:44 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:26 pm I refuse to believe that Lynch moved up without knowing who they were picking.

Yeah I agree

I think it has always been Jones for Shanahan with some in the org pushing for Lance

What if they do know.... And it's Fields?! Wilson has seen a meteoric rise up boards, but we don't know that the NFL feel the same. Maybe Wilson will be the draft day slider. Or Wilson has been the guy for the 49ers all along. I'm just glad the draft starts soon...!
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:27 am

Pet_Smith wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:20 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:44 pm

Yeah I agree

What if they do know.... And it's Fields?! Wilson has seen a meteoric rise up boards, but we don't know that the NFL feel the same. Maybe Wilson will be the draft day slider. Or Wilson has been the guy for the 49ers all along. I'm just glad the draft starts soon...!
Umm yeah Wilson is going number 2. It's as locked in as Lawrence going number 1

And Wilson has seen a metroric rise up draft boards because the NFL feels that way not vice versa

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:26 am

Latest Rotoworld pod had a rumour courtesy of Ray GQ who said that if Javonte Williams is there at 32, Tampa will be pulling that trigger - assuming that no other big blue chippers that have fallen that can help them on another "Win Now" season.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:50 am

mild wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:26 am Latest Rotoworld pod had a rumour courtesy of Ray GQ who said that if Javonte Williams is there at 32, Tampa will be pulling that trigger - assuming that no other big blue chippers that have fallen that can help them on another "Win Now" season.
Of course. They have an excellent track record with drafting quality RBs.

I think the Niners are taking Fields. I've always thought this, and the fact that rumors are swirling the other way makes me think it even more. Shanny & Lynch love playing mind games, which I think is silly.
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:26 pm If they somehow take Jones, 49ers fans should riot. What a terrible trade to move up for such a meh prospect.
I will. I'll set fire to my own car and push it down the road. Luckily, I won't have to do this.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:53 am

Sort of want to see Mac Jones to SF now lol

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:00 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:50 am
mild wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:26 am Latest Rotoworld pod had a rumour courtesy of Ray GQ who said that if Javonte Williams is there at 32, Tampa will be pulling that trigger - assuming that no other big blue chippers that have fallen that can help them on another "Win Now" season.
Of course. They have an excellent track record with drafting quality RBs.

I think the Niners are taking Fields. I've always thought this, and the fact that rumors are swirling the other way makes me think it even more. Shanny & Lynch love playing mind games, which I think is silly.
I will. I'll set fire to my own car and push it down the road. Luckily, I won't have to do this.
Haha, some are saying he’s the next “Matt Ryan” for Shanahan, not sure that would be good enough though.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:01 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:53 am Sort of want to see Mac Jones to SF now lol
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (98.83 KiB) Viewed 244 times
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:02 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:00 amHaha, some are saying he’s the next “Matt Ryan” for Shanahan, not sure that would be good enough though.
Cowboys fan, eh? Have fun drafting yet another WR.

:lol: :lol:

Seriously though, every year their defense lets them down. What do they do? Draft offense in the first round.

I don't get it!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs

REAL RB GURUs:

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:23 am

Draft day is here!

Remember: the Patriots passed on Tom Brady seven times. Don't take it too seriously, have fun with this thing.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.