Pre-Draft Buzz/Landing Spot Clues?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Pre-Draft Buzz/Landing Spot Clues?

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:46 am

A lot of smoke and mirrors right now, but you never know.

Locks:

Lawrence - Jacksonville
Wilson - Jets

Heavy smoke:

Jones - 49ers
Pitts - Falcons

Developing rumors:

- Falcons have talked about moving down
- Arizona reportedly looking to move up for a WR
- Dolphins talking to teams about moving down
- Panthers still interested in taking a QB at 8 or moving down
- Bengals could be looking at JaMarr Chase (reportedly expecting to pick a player who contributes right away)
- Bears still looking at moving up for a QB
- Some medical issues “popped” for LSU receiver Terrace Marshall Jr. at the medical combine in Indianapolis. Marshall missed time in high school and college with foot and leg injuries that required surgery.
- Devonta Smith official height/weight: 6'0, 166 lbs.

Anything interesting catching your eye for landing spots?
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Pre-Draft Buzz/Landing Spot Clues?

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:48 am

Patriots moving up to get a QB. I think they make a move. Cam wasn't getting it done.

And I'd bet on the Vikings trading down. They're short their second rounder, so they'll move down to recoup draft picks.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:53 am

Posted this in another thread, but see a lot of mocks and projections having the Steelers taking a RB in round 1; I just don't see it as a fan and follower of the team. I think it's much more likely they take a second tier guy like Gainwell, Sermon, Stevenson, or Herbert. If that's the case, I'm wondering how far they move up dynasty draft boards? Mid to late 1st round? Ahead of the 2nd tier of WRs like Bateman and Marshall? Any chance they'd go ahead of one of the other big three RBs, especially if one of the big three gets a bad landing spot?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:57 am

Except for the first 2 picks, if anything is creating a story that hits the public right now your first instinct should be to figure out why that team is trying to sell their targeting of that player and then look elsewhere to figure out who their real target is. We are in the prime of misdirection season.

As we like to say in the country, you can always tell city folk because when a deer runs across the road they watch it run into the field. Country folk see the same deer and look the opposite way to where it came from to avoid hitting the deer following it.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:06 am

Hard to say but I think.

49's are now going Jones ( I have been flip flopping like a politician on this one.)

Bengals going OT (one of the big two)

Panthers trade back ( Probably with Patriots)

Should be one of the most entertaining 1st rounds in a while especially if Atlanta trades back which I think they should given long term cap issues.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:14 pm

dustyroads wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:53 am Posted this in another thread, but see a lot of mocks and projections having the Steelers taking a RB in round 1; I just don't see it as a fan and follower of the team. I think it's much more likely they take a second tier guy like Gainwell, Sermon, Stevenson, or Herbert. If that's the case, I'm wondering how far they move up dynasty draft boards? Mid to late 1st round? Ahead of the 2nd tier of WRs like Bateman and Marshall? Any chance they'd go ahead of one of the other big three RBs, especially if one of the big three gets a bad landing spot?
I think the Steeler may go RB in the first - Najee Harris feels like a great fit. But a second rounder may also happen, in which case that RB gets a big boost in rookie drafts. I'd say mid first round isn't out of the question in that situation.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:18 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:57 am Except for the first 2 picks, if anything is creating a story that hits the public right now your first instinct should be to figure out why that team is trying to sell their targeting of that player and then look elsewhere to figure out who their real target is. We are in the prime of misdirection season.

As we like to say in the country, you can always tell city folk because when a deer runs across the road they watch it run into the field. Country folk see the same deer and look the opposite way to where it came from to avoid hitting the deer following it.
Unless it’s a buck, in which case country folk are throwing the pickup in park and grabbing the spotlight and shotgun outta the back...

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:22 pm

Chase is going to the Bengals

I don't like it but it's happening

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:27 pm

dustyroads wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:53 am Posted this in another thread, but see a lot of mocks and projections having the Steelers taking a RB in round 1; I just don't see it as a fan and follower of the team. I think it's much more likely they take a second tier guy like Gainwell, Sermon, Stevenson, or Herbert. If that's the case, I'm wondering how far they move up dynasty draft boards? Mid to late 1st round? Ahead of the 2nd tier of WRs like Bateman and Marshall? Any chance they'd go ahead of one of the other big three RBs, especially if one of the big three gets a bad landing spot?
I'm leaning toward this viewpoint on the Steelers as well. Their line has regressed tremendously the last few years and I actually don't think that landing spot is as juicy as it once was.

I really hope they do take one of those 2nd tier guys and it pushes them up while pushing other players down. If they take the 4th RB off the board at the end of round 2, that player is probably going to get a ton of talk and vaults into the top 5 easily if you ask me.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:28 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:14 pm
I think the Steeler may go RB in the first - Najee Harris feels like a great fit. But a second rounder may also happen, in which case that RB gets a big boost in rookie drafts. I'd say mid first round isn't out of the question in that situation.
He certainly does, I just wonder if we couldn't pair up a bruiser like Rhamondre Stevenson taken in the 3rd with McFarland and more than make up the impact loss from not taking Harris by drafting a G/T and a center with those first two picks. Feels like more of the Steelers move. Who am I kidding... whiffing on a DB in the first round is what REALLY sounds like a Steelers move :wall: :wall:

But yeah, I'd tend to agree, if Pitt does snag one of those second tier RBs AND improve the offensive line; I could def see that back jumping up into the first round of rookie drafts after the top 6 or so.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:33 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:27 pm
I'm leaning toward this viewpoint on the Steelers as well. Their line has regressed tremendously the last few years and I actually don't think that landing spot is as juicy as it once was.

I really hope they do take one of those 2nd tier guys and it pushes them up while pushing other players down. If they take the 4th RB off the board at the end of round 2, that player is probably going to get a ton of talk and vaults into the top 5 easily if you ask me.
Really agree here. They lost some strength in FA on the oline as well, so even if they do take a back like Harris in the 1st if they aren't also investing heavily in the o-line, I'm not super optimistic for 2021 for any back there.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:42 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:22 pm Chase is going to the Bengals

Because of the cascading impact on other weapons or because yous prefer OT/Pitts?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:26 pm

Im drafting Chase no matter the landing spot.
But if D.Smith lands in say Detroit he is moving a tier down.
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:36 pm

:lol:
sugbear65 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:18 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:57 am Except for the first 2 picks, if anything is creating a story that hits the public right now your first instinct should be to figure out why that team is trying to sell their targeting of that player and then look elsewhere to figure out who their real target is. We are in the prime of misdirection season.

Unless it’s a buck, in which case country folk are throwing the pickup in park and grabbing the spotlight and shotgun outta the back...
:lol:

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:37 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:42 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:22 pm Chase is going to the Bengals

Because of the cascading impact on other weapons or because yous prefer OT/Pitts?
Both

Higgins was legitmately the 2nd best rookie WR last year (ie an emerging WR1) and Boyd is the quintissential WR2 and these guys are being cast aside like they are trash

I love Chase and think he is a surefire hit but he would be lucky to have a rookie season like Higgins just had

I think they should trade back personally but Sewell over Chase if they stay