MVP
MVP

Re: Pre-Draft Buzz/Landing Spot Clues?

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:26 pm

RB6 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:12 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:46 pm
RB6 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:59 pm

Watkins was drafted by the Bills.
I believe he is referring to us signing Watkins for more money than Allen Robinson was signed for by the Bears that same offseason
Ah. Gotcha.
Correct.

And CEH isn’t the specific reason the Chiefs lost the Super Bowl. He was just a bad pick.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:40 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:26 pm

I believe he is referring to us signing Watkins for more money than Allen Robinson was signed for by the Bears that same offseason
Ah. Gotcha.
Correct.

And CEH isn’t the specific reason the Chiefs lost the Super Bowl. He was just a bad pick.
I don't disagree that Swift is a better RB than CEH

I just don't think the difference between the two really changes all that much for our offense. Now DK and ARob instead of guy who runs fast in a straight line and nothing and dude who produces for two games a year?

Yeah that unlocks a whole different level--especially with DK over Hardman

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:06 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:40 pm

Ah. Gotcha.
Correct.

I don't disagree that Swift is a better RB than CEH

I just don't think the difference between the two really changes all that much for our offense. Now DK and ARob instead of guy who runs fast in a straight line and nothing and dude who produces for two games a year?

Yeah that unlocks a whole different level--especially with DK over Hardman
I like Swift as much as the next guy but the revisionist history after 1 season borders on friggen insanity.

Yes Swift averaged 0.2 YPC more than CEH but CEH averaged 0.5 more yards through the air. Both backs battled injury. Swift had more TD's, CEH had more yards.

You guys have zero idea who will ultimately be the better back. Claiming it was a bad pick may ultimately prove correct but today it is just a foolish assumption.

Obviously, DK is a BEAST and I thought every team in the league was foolish passing on him but Hardman was also selected as a return man. While he isn't DK, pretty sure he made the Pro Bowl in 2020. Situation and perspective matter but Hardman certainly isn't a bust in the KC system.

It is really growing tiresome to hear about Taylor and/or CEH in every thread.

TAKE a BREATH and let it go already.
Last edited by Ice on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:37 pm

Where did anybody mention Taylor? Are we projecting?

Taking a bad athlete who was good for all of one season while surrounded by a historically good offense at 32 was always a bad pick. Not revisionist history. It was a bad pick at the time, and it was obvious to anybody who knows what’s important when evaluating RBs.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:40 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:37 pm Where did anybody mention Taylor? Are we projecting?

Taking a bad athlete who was good for all of one season while surrounded by a historically good offense at 32 was always a bad pick. Not revisionist history. It was a bad pick at the time, and it was obvious to anybody who knows what’s important when evaluating RBs.
Why are we bringing up Taylor? No one mentioned Taylor. Now we're talking about Taylor. Why Taylor? Taylor.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:44 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:37 pm Where did anybody mention Taylor? Are we projecting?

Good Lord, you spew Taylor praises in threads all over the site. I happen to think the KC organization is infinitely better than you at evaluating players that fit their system but go on and pat yourself on the back OVER and OVER again.

Pretty much everyone on this site is well aware by now your feelings on CEH. That horse died long ago.

Carry On!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:06 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:44 pm

Good Lord, you spew Taylor praises in threads all over the site. I happen to think the KC organization is infinitely better than you at evaluating players that fit their system but go on and pat yourself on the back OVER and OVER again.

Pretty much everyone on this site is well aware by now your feelings on CEH. That horse died long ago.

Carry On!
I never mentioned Taylor. Somebody is clearly projecting, or so hurt over something I said a while ago they can’t stop themselves from mentioning it.

As for the KC stuff, I can’t imagine how somebody becomes so desperate to defend a team that will never know you exist that they defend the selection of Mecole Hardman, but cool.

This is a great example of why boot-licking a good organization instead of providing data and evidence is a mistake. Bill Belichick and Andy Reid are clearly great football minds, but they also clearly get it wrong all the time, just like the rest of us. If you’re so intellectually destitute that you’re going to resort to “BIG FOOBAW MAN KNOW MORE THAN YOU” you unwittingly also defend signing Watkins over Robinson and drafting Hardman over Metcalf. It’s a bad argument, and we should try to be better.

Anyway, I still don’t get why nobody thinks Pitts will end up on the Bengals. It seems like a natural fit.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:43 am

Ah. Gotcha.
Correct.

They lost the Super Bowl because they couldn't protect their QB, hence why I think it is smart for the Bengals to draft a lineman over a skill positional player.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:06 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:06 pm
Ice wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:44 pm

Carry On!
I never mentioned Taylor. Somebody is clearly projecting, or so hurt over something I said a while ago they can’t stop themselves from mentioning it.

As for the KC stuff, I can’t imagine how somebody becomes so desperate to defend a team that will never know you exist that they defend the selection of Mecole Hardman, but cool.

This is a great example of why boot-licking a good organization instead of providing data and evidence is a mistake. Bill Belichick and Andy Reid are clearly great football minds, but they also clearly get it wrong all the time, just like the rest of us. If you’re so intellectually destitute that you’re going to resort to “BIG FOOBAW MAN KNOW MORE THAN YOU” you unwittingly also defend signing Watkins over Robinson and drafting Hardman over Metcalf. It’s a bad argument, and we should try to be better.

Anyway, I still don’t get why nobody thinks Pitts will end up on the Bengals. It seems like a natural fit.
I agree it would be a natural fit. Pitts is getting mocked to ATL a lot so he may not be there. If that is the case, I would definitely take the OT to protect Burrow vs giving him a WR who I don't feel is head and shoulders above the others in the class. I wouldn't take a WR that early unless they were generational, which I don't feel Chase is.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:12 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:43 am

Ah. Gotcha.
Correct.

They lost the Super Bowl because they couldn't protect their QB, hence why I think it is smart for the Bengals to draft a lineman over a skill positional player.
Oh yeah, this is definitely a valid point. Sewell makes a ton of sense, even if they would have to kick Reiff inside to guard.

I guess what I more specifically mean is why is Chase consistently mocked to the Bengals, but Pitts almost never is? It’s not like Chase is considered a better prospect; Pitts goes at either 4 or 6 in every mock. Cincinnati has Boyd and Higgins at WR and there’s plenty of talent at the position later in the draft. I don’t get it.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:44 am

Here’s a hot take: Mac Jones is going to slip. Let’s review what we know, but fair warning: this is a little bit of a bonkers conspiracy theory.

1. Mac Jones wasn’t considered a consensus top 10 pick until the SF rumors.

2. SF is one of, is not the most paranoid, tight-lipped organization in the league. None of their moves end up getting leaked ahead of time, including hiring John Lynch.

3. When SF traded up to 3, it was immediately speculated that it was for Mac Jones, which seems batshit insane. One of the primary leakers here was Shanahan’s BFF Chris Simms.

4. SF traded up before Mac Jones’ Pro Day.

5. Prior to the trade, both Fields and Lance had trained with John Beck, another confidante of Shanahan, Lance allegedly did so at the 49ers request. Mac Jones has not, as far as we know.

What I’m seeing is that the most secretive organization in the league traded up to 1.03, then somebody close to the HC said it’s a QB nobody expected. Do we think Shanahan suddenly stopped being super secretive and crazy and told Simms who they were taking? Do we think they traded up for Mac Jones without anybody seeing him work out in person?

My suspicion is that the pick at 1.03 is somebody other than Jones, and if Jones doesn’t go to SF, it’s suddenly unclear who’s going to take him- especially if “98% of the league expects him to go to SF” as we’ve been told. I think he could slip all the way to NE at 15.

Here’s hoping NYJ rope-a-doped all of us and are taking Fields at 1.02. That would really throw the night into chaos.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:16 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:44 am Here’s a hot take: Mac Jones is going to slip. Let’s review what we know, but fair warning: this is a little bit of a bonkers conspiracy theory.

1. Mac Jones wasn’t considered a consensus top 10 pick until the SF rumors.

2. SF is one of, is not the most paranoid, tight-lipped organization in the league. None of their moves end up getting leaked ahead of time, including hiring John Lynch.

3. When SF traded up to 3, it was immediately speculated that it was for Mac Jones, which seems batshit insane. One of the primary leakers here was Shanahan’s BFF Chris Simms.

4. SF traded up before Mac Jones’ Pro Day.

5. Prior to the trade, both Fields and Lance had trained with John Beck, another confidante of Shanahan, Lance allegedly did so at the 49ers request. Mac Jones has not, as far as we know.

What I’m seeing is that the most secretive organization in the league traded up to 1.03, then somebody close to the HC said it’s a QB nobody expected. Do we think Shanahan suddenly stopped being super secretive and crazy and told Simms who they were taking? Do we think they traded up for Mac Jones without anybody seeing him work out in person?

My suspicion is that the pick at 1.03 is somebody other than Jones, and if Jones doesn’t go to SF, it’s suddenly unclear who’s going to take him- especially if “98% of the league expects him to go to SF” as we’ve been told. I think he could slip all the way to NE at 15.

Here’s hoping NYJ rope-a-doped all of us and are taking Fields at 1.02. That would really throw the night into chaos.
I agree with everything here, and don’t think the 49ers are going Jones. It’s also really interesting bc if they don’t take him at 3 it’s highly likely he falls significantly.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:01 am

I still think it's Fields at 3. Never really bought the Mac Jones at 3 hype. They could've traded less to get him in the top 10. I also think Fields traits are ones that fit Shanny perfectly. He's getting a guy who can run the read option well, quick feet and processing speed and can run if everything breaks down. Whereas Mac is more of the Jimmy stand in the pocket and deliver mold which they are trying to get away from

With that said, I also think Mac falls. I don't think he's Atlanta's guy, especially at 4 and I don't see him to CAR at 8 either. NE at 15 is where I would think he goes.

That makes Lance interesting too. Would teams prefer to take him over Mac as the project QB? I think Atlanta might prefer that.

Should be fun though! 6 days...

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:31 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:01 am I still think it's Fields at 3. Never really bought the Mac Jones at 3 hype. They could've traded less to get him in the top 10. I also think Fields traits are ones that fit Shanny perfectly. He's getting a guy who can run the read option well, quick feet and processing speed and can run if everything breaks down. Whereas Mac is more of the Jimmy stand in the pocket and deliver mold which they are trying to get away from

With that said, I also think Mac falls. I don't think he's Atlanta's guy, especially at 4 and I don't see him to CAR at 8 either. NE at 15 is where I would think he goes.

That makes Lance interesting too. Would teams prefer to take him over Mac as the project QB? I think Atlanta might prefer that.

Atlanta appears to be in a no-mans land of sorts. Julio and Matt Ryan both getting older, but could both contribute at high levels for another year or 2. I think this pick for the Falcons should dictate their direction. If they take a QB, then start tearing the roster down and start the rebuild. If they take Pitts, then they should ignore all cap implications down the road and absolutely go for broke the next two years.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:35 am

jenkins.math wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:31 am
Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:01 am I still think it's Fields at 3. Never really bought the Mac Jones at 3 hype. They could've traded less to get him in the top 10. I also think Fields traits are ones that fit Shanny perfectly. He's getting a guy who can run the read option well, quick feet and processing speed and can run if everything breaks down. Whereas Mac is more of the Jimmy stand in the pocket and deliver mold which they are trying to get away from

Atlanta appears to be in a no-mans land of sorts. Julio and Matt Ryan both getting older, but could both contribute at high levels for another year or 2. I think this pick for the Falcons should dictate their direction. If they take a QB, then start tearing the roster down and start the rebuild. If they take Pitts, then they should ignore all cap implications down the road and absolutely go for broke the next two years.
For sure. Trading down should be on the table and neither Pitts or QB would shock me