Opinion: Travis Etienne is the best RB prospect since Barkley

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Opinion: Travis Etienne is the best RB prospect since Barkley

Postby tresskid84 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:13 pm

Ice wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:32 am
tresskid84 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:50 am Definitely going to be hard for the first round rb to get opportunity.
In a Kamara kind of way. 8-)
But what about Jonathan Taylor?
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:45 pm

tresskid84 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:13 pm
tresskid84 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:50 am Definitely going to be hard for the first round rb to get opportunity.
Are you suggesting we need a Marlon Mack kind of injury to get Etienne on the field? I don't think that's the case, but maybe I read your reply incorrectly.

Yeah not the landing spot I was hoping for. I think it's a very good spot for Etienne if JRob wasn't already there. I don't get the pick, makes no sense. He's no longer my 1.01 pick with Harris going to a dream landing spot.

Still love the guy and I'll be happy to have any shares... I doubt that'll happen though.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:47 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:45 pm
Are you suggesting we need a Marlon Mack kind of injury to get Etienne on the field? I don't think that's the case, but maybe I read your reply incorrectly.

Yeah not the landing spot I was hoping for. I think it's a very good spot for Etienne if JRob wasn't already there. I don't get the pick, makes no sense. He's no longer my 1.01 pick with Harris going to a dream landing spot.

Still love the guy and I'll be happy to have any shares... I doubt that'll happen though.
Haha, sorry, I was just making a joke because Ice gets frustrated that every rb conversation turns into a JT debate (which I joke to keep from crying myself, lol)
2 SF, 8 Flex

WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW

WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:40 pm

You are not scared with big ben almost done and the OL that need some love?
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:49 pm

:D :thumbup:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:02 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:35 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:37 pm Arguing over a single word or an opinion is pretty sad and not useful. In the future disagreeing and moving on is the better move than attacking one that is doing massive research for the benefit of the community. That may not have been the intent but it reads that way.

I read no place that he demanded we agree with his assessment that this is the best or deepest class.
Good post. Disagree with what I said? Want to write a difference of opinion? Have at it. Most people here disagree that Etienne is the best RB in this class, for example. I'm fine with that, the opinions are fun to read and the back and forth is sometimes enlightening.

Follow me around and re-write my words to make it sound like I said something different, call me out on it and borderline start calling me names? That's trolling, which is illegal.

Speaking of disagreeing with me, I'm SHOCKED that most people disagree that Etienne isn't the best RB in this class. I think Harris has the better floor, but I always aim for the stars with my prospects. If that's the case, Etienne is my sure fire #1 RB in this class, no contest. And the more I look at it, the more places I think he's a good fit. There aren't that many teams who need to spend an early pick on a RB, and nearly all of those teams would put Etienne in a situation to shine immediately.

I have a 1.01 in a league in which the only RB on my roster is Marlon Mack. Etienne will most likely be my pick. We'll see where Chase ends up... but it's super hard to trade for a stud RB these days. Prices are through the roof.
mild wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:07 pm
"Perhaps some realism. In the runup to the draft, the vast majority of top prospects are talked about like they absolutely will make it and solve major holes on every team. Well, it hasn’t worked that way for some time. Like, ever. And with the weirdness of this year (opt-outs, no combine, major medical issues), I expect we’ll look back at the 2021 draft in, say, 2023 and say, “Why didn’t we see all these clunkers coming?"
Yeah and that's fair. It'll be very interesting to see how this all plays out, if injuries will increases or remain the same, and maybe the significance of the combine in general. I think about what you posted from time to time and question the significance of it all. That's probably why I spent so much more time on video this year. I couldn't completely trust all the pro day numbers this time around.

Ehh, we'll see.
He called you no names whatsoever. He made points against your argument and you acted very fragile about in response. When you prop yourself up as an expert, you invite focused criticism. If you can't handle it, you should probably not call yourself an expert.

And yeah, I definitely agree with OCR and Evan Silva here. This crop of RBs stinks and the air just went out of ETNs balloon on top of it. You should probably write another article making it clear you no longer think ETN is the best prospect since Barkley. Wouldn't want to mislead your readers...like when you asserted a pretend position on Ballage to boost his trade value in your league. When you have those types of intellectually dishonest takes on your record, it kinda makes me think you don't really have a league where you can start 9 RBs and you only said just now that because you either misspoke or forgot how awesome the 2017 RB class was and couldn't, wouldn't take the L.

This RB class is awful and you way overrated Etienne to begin with. I really hope you don't later call yourself correct merely because you are no longer taking him 1.01 because you kinda made a big deal about it back when everyone was paying attention.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:33 pm

I think it’s a great spot. Paired with a top QB prospect for his rookie deal with a coach known for running the ball. If he needed something better than that to produce he was never gonna make it anyways. There are so many other putrid offenses without QBs or weapons with inept coaches he could’ve gone to that would be far worse.

Definitely prefer it to Najee Harris in Pittsburgh, who showed us what life after Ben is gonna look like in 2019. I’d stay far away from that future dumpster fire.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat May 01, 2021 5:52 am

skinfanjon wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:02 pmHe called you no names whatsoever. He made points against your argument and you acted very fragile about in response. When you prop yourself up as an expert, you invite focused criticism. If you can't handle it, you should probably not call yourself an expert.

This RB class is awful and you way overrated Etienne to begin with. I really hope you don't later call yourself correct merely because you are no longer taking him 1.01 because you kinda made a big deal about it back when everyone was paying attention.
??

Ice never said anything and I don't think I responded in jest either. I read my quoted reply twice and I don't see what you're referring to.

The RB class doesn't have the high end studs like other classes have, but it is extremely deep in RBBC and PPR talent. Day three is going to be the best day for RBs in dynasty history imo. I have millions of needs at RB and I traded back to the 2nd and 3rd rounds because of how deep this class is. I have 6 picks in the third round in a league in which I have just two RBs. I think I can get a few solid RBs that late. I'm more confident that I can get RB depth in this draft than in any other draft.

As for ETN, I love the landing spot if JRob wasn't there. I think the Jags might need to trade him while he still has value, but the draft needs to end before that can happen. James Robinson set an NFL record last year with over 1400 combined yards on a bad offense. He has value now if they choose to trade him, which they should imo.

Harris has always been my 1B to ETN's 1A. I like the landing spot better for Harris, so that might push him up to equal or greater than ETN. The Jags offense is a mystery right now. Who knows how that's going to play out.
Dynos wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:40 pmYou are not scared with big ben almost done and the OL that need some love?
lol, that line is definitely something to be concerned about. They did use a day two pick on a guard. I'm hoping to see another pick or two used on that line, and then I'll feel better about Harris.

I'm not too concerned with Ben. He's on the older side but I think he'll be around for another 3-4 years minimum, and that'll be during Najee's prime seasons.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sat May 01, 2021 6:58 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:04 am Urban Meyer offense? Could certainly surprise if they can make it work.
Urban Meyer's offense is garbage. It was revolutionary at Utah and Florida. Everyone caught up to it at Ohio State. It's unimaginative and relied on having better athletes than the other team - we saw how this worked when they'd face Clemson in the playoffs* (the only team to match them athletically) and we will see it flop in the NFL if that's what he installs.

Ironically, Clemson 2020 ran a similar kind of offense and we saw the result vs OSU in the sugar bowl.

Anyone know if Bevel is any good? Hard to judge based on Detroit Lions 2020 with everyone hurt.

*The NCG run vs Alabama and Oregon wasn't Urban's offense. Miller and Barret were hurt, so he handed it over to Herman who just ran heavy downhill running and deep passing to suit Cardale Jones.

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Sat May 01, 2021 7:49 am

Lord_Varys wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:58 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:04 am Urban Meyer offense? Could certainly surprise if they can make it work.
Urban Meyer's offense is garbage. It was revolutionary at Utah and Florida. Everyone caught up to it at Ohio State. It's unimaginative and relied on having better athletes than the other team - we saw how this worked when they'd face Clemson in the playoffs* (the only team to match them athletically) and we will see it flop in the NFL if that's what he installs.

Ironically, Clemson 2020 ran a similar kind of offense and we saw the result vs OSU in the sugar bowl.

Anyone know if Bevel is any good? Hard to judge based on Detroit Lions 2020 with everyone hurt.

*The NCG run vs Alabama and Oregon wasn't Urban's offense. Miller and Barret were hurt, so he handed it over to Herman who just ran heavy downhill running and deep passing to suit Cardale Jones.
From what I understand, Urban isn't bringing his offense with him and with use Bevell's offense as their base (though obviously adding some Urban concepts within it). Bevell has talked a lot about fitting his scheme to his players, so im guessing we will see a good mix of vertical and horizontal passing concepts, as well as a good amount of running the ball.
2 SF, 8 Flex

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Sat May 01, 2021 7:57 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:52 am
skinfanjon wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:02 pmHe called you no names whatsoever. He made points against your argument and you acted very fragile about in response. When you prop yourself up as an expert, you invite focused criticism. If you can't handle it, you should probably not call yourself an expert.

??

Ice never said anything and I don't think I responded in jest either. I read my quoted reply twice and I don't see what you're referring to.

The RB class doesn't have the high end studs like other classes have, but it is extremely deep in RBBC and PPR talent. Day three is going to be the best day for RBs in dynasty history imo. I have millions of needs at RB and I traded back to the 2nd and 3rd rounds because of how deep this class is. I have 6 picks in the third round in a league in which I have just two RBs. I think I can get a few solid RBs that late. I'm more confident that I can get RB depth in this draft than in any other draft.

As for ETN, I love the landing spot if JRob wasn't there. I think the Jags might need to trade him while he still has value, but the draft needs to end before that can happen. James Robinson set an NFL record last year with over 1400 combined yards on a bad offense. He has value now if they choose to trade him, which they should imo.

Harris has always been my 1B to ETN's 1A. I like the landing spot better for Harris, so that might push him up to equal or greater than ETN. The Jags offense is a mystery right now. Who knows how that's going to
I was referring to your comment which was made in response to Oh Cruelest Ranter, of course.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat May 01, 2021 8:10 am

So let me get this straight.

You call Etienne the best RB prospect since Barkley and now suddenly you jump off the bandwagon because of landing spot?

I guess you never believed he was a transcendent player in the first place man because landing spot shouldn't matter.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Postby Jrblaha » Sat May 01, 2021 8:26 am

DJB wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:10 am
tresskid84 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:13 pm But what about Jonathan Taylor?

So let me get this straight.

You call Etienne the best RB prospect since Barkley and now suddenly you jump off the bandwagon because of landing spot?

I guess you never believed he was a transcendent player in the first place man because landing spot shouldn't matter.
Yeah, kinda weird, bc if Barkley came out of college this year to Jax, I’d think he’d go 1.1 and people wouldn’t be that worried about JRob.
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Sat May 01, 2021 8:29 am

tresskid84 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:49 am
Lord_Varys wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:58 am

From what I understand, Urban isn't bringing his offense with him and with use Bevell's offense as their base (though obviously adding some Urban concepts within it). Bevell has talked a lot about fitting his scheme to his players, so im guessing we will see a good mix of vertical and horizontal passing concepts, as well as a good amount of running the ball.
This is great to hear, thanks.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat May 01, 2021 2:07 pm

Mike, I’d like to respectfully comment on whether or not Pittsburgh is a “dream” landing spot and continue the discussion about whether or not this is the best RB draft class you’ve ever seen, but I also don’t want to receive another PM from you with a “formal warning” and a threat to ban me.

I’m asking this sincerely, because I don’t know the answer: Do I have your permission to potentially disagree with you on these subjects?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF