2021 Season Fades

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2021 Season Fades

Postby yinzername » Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:43 am

DJ was recession proof with all QBs, and for what it’s worth, Rudolph will be QB2 for the third year now...
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 4.2, 4.7
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

1st YEAR START-UP
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - R Freeman - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Diggs - Aiyuk - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore - A Pierce - C Tillman
TE: Kittle - Kincaid

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:14 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:50 am
sugbear65 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:41 am Pittsburgh WRs. They are going to all cannibalize each other’s targets. Also Ben is on the backslide of his career arc, and constantly banged up. When(not if) he misses time next year, the backup would be...Haskins? Do they still have that guy that makes duck calls? Not real sure, but definitely uninspiring options. Plus even when he’s healthy, there are the road games. I like D. Johnson a lot and C. Claypool looked awesome at times last year. JuJu has been a top 25 guy for awhile now. But I think the best time to trade for these guys, and when a buy low window may open, will be in season. At current prices, not for me.
I've said it before but I've had good success with buying the cheapest PIT WR while selling the most expensive. I believe the 3 of them all flipped about 8 times last season. I agree with your premise too. Bens arm, The ball will be spread around and they have to try to run the ball this year right?
Yeah I'm on board with all this as well. And I don't see Ben's tendencies changing much from last season, which were based around those short passes and getting the ball out ASAP. So I'd especially be fading their deep threats. Look at Claypool last season, by the midway point he was hardly even involved in the offense anymore. The only WR of theirs I'd be targeting is the one they may potentially draft in the mid to late rounds of the draft and stashing him on taxi/bench until next year.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:16 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:41 am Pittsburgh WRs. They are going to all cannibalize each other’s targets. Also Ben is on the backslide of his career arc, and constantly banged up. When(not if) he misses time next year, the backup would be...Haskins? Do they still have that guy that makes duck calls? Not real sure, but definitely uninspiring options. Plus even when he’s healthy, there are the road games. I like D. Johnson a lot and C. Claypool looked awesome at times last year. JuJu has been a top 25 guy for awhile now. But I think the best time to trade for these guys, and when a buy low window may open, will be in season. At current prices, not for me.
I've said it before but I've had good success with buying the cheapest PIT WR while selling the most expensive. I believe the 3 of them all flipped about 8 times last season. I agree with your premise too. Bens arm, The ball will be spread around and they have to try to run the ball this year right?
Ignoring any draftees this year, does this mean James Washington is an option?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:30 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:16 pm
Ignoring any draftees this year, does this mean James Washington is an option?
Good question. I think he's on one of my squads now but unlikely to survive cuts... See in the past, I would be buying PITs 2nd or 3rd WR on the cheap because everyone was still obsessed with AB or the previous draftee. Martavis was very cheap for me to acquire (before all the hooplah). JuJu as a rookie was cheap behind Martavis. I don't think I ever traded for Washington anywhere, I missed his hype train I suppose. But then I picked up Diontae for dirt cheap 2 years ago and that worked out well... Then JuJu was the 3rd most valuable WR on the team last year and that was a screaming value to me as well. All these guys were 3rd at worst on the depth chart though usually. Now they have the deepest WR come they've had in a while so the 4th WR doesn't give you much outside of injuries.

I mean, Washington is a fine player and played ahead of Claypool down the stretch for a bit. But I believe he was still under 100 PPR points for the year while the other 3 PIT WR were above 200. The 3 there now have their defined roles and Washington is the odd man out. He and JuJus contracts both expire next year as well so lots of uncertainty. He could come back for cheap and JuJu leaves? But I'd expect they draft another WR this year or next and that would push Washington further out. With deep rosters though, he's probably worth a stash at his price to see where he ends up or as insurance in case another WR goes down. Seemed like Diontae has a tendency to get nicked up.

I think it boils down to PITs success at developing WR and not having to resign someone for a boatload. Banking on of their draft picks working out seems like a high success rate while they move on from the previous WR. AB left, Martavis got kicked out, and now JuJu seems to be on his way out after the year as well.

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:26 pm

Agreed. Will be interesting to see if they target RB in round 1 also. A run-heavy approach with a solid defense would probably leave enough volume for only 2 WRs to be even somewhat reliable. Diontae failed to produce at the level he should have given his immense target total last season. Claypool is an odd fit with a shot-armed QB. JuJu is being utilized like a tight end. Right now, there is no clear guy separating himself from the pack so I think it is best to sell high, emphasis on getting a good return, than to be the odd man out.

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Wed May 12, 2021 7:32 pm

Any other players you're fading now after the 2021 draft? I think I am coolin' it on Higgins with Chase there. I feel like he will be more affected than Boyd who plays in the slot. I also am obviously fading James Robinson LOL. Tough.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Thu May 13, 2021 3:01 pm

Prob have to fade Chase LOL