Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Re: Darnold traded to Carolina

Postby Shankopotamus » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:41 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:31 am
remedy29 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:02 am
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:31 am

If Fields slips to 8, I am sure Carolina still takes him. This move was more about a hedge if 4 QBs go before the 8th pick.
What makes you so sure?
There's a decent chance Fields does fall to #8.

Carolina has plenty of holes on their team. They just spent draft capital on a QB, albeit cheap capital. I do not see them spending additional draft capital on a QB now.
If I was a Panthers fan an they passed on Fields at 8 because they just traded for Sam Darnold I would lose my mind.
Panthers fan and Darnold owner here. Would be livid. Fields is qb 2 in this class. Qb1 for fantasy most likely.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:51 pm

It’s still hard to believe that the 49ers are going to take Mac Jones at 3 but that’s what the “reports” are saying. He may end up being great but I would be pissed if I were a 49ers fan and watched them give up so much to move up and then take Mac Jones, WTF!

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:21 pm

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:51 pm It’s still hard to believe that the 49ers are going to take Mac Jones at 3 but that’s what the “reports” are saying. He may end up being great but I would be pissed if I were a 49ers fan and watched them give up so much to move up and then take Mac Jones, WTF!
Gotta believe it's a smoke screen to keep Jets doing Jets things and not do the smart thing.

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
K-Tyler Bass

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:40 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:21 pm
Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:51 pm It’s still hard to believe that the 49ers are going to take Mac Jones at 3 but that’s what the “reports” are saying. He may end up being great but I would be pissed if I were a 49ers fan and watched them give up so much to move up and then take Mac Jones, WTF!
Gotta believe it's a smoke screen to keep Jets doing Jets things and not do the smart thing.
Yeah, it could be, I’ve heard on a podcast that J.Lynch doesn’t want to take Jones at 3 but Shanahan does and then Schefter had the report saying that Jones will be the pick. Who knows if it’s all BS or not?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:08 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:40 pm
Yeah, it could be, I’ve heard on a podcast that J.Lynch doesn’t want to take Jones at 3 but Shanahan does and then Schefter had the report saying that Jones will be the pick. Who knows if it’s all BS or not?
I'm not sold it's Mac either... But I've tried to stay open that teams will evaluate players and value them differently than the fantasy community. Trey Lance is the most recent example. He was creeping up as QB3 and even QB2 for some people, but seems like he's a "distant" QB5 for the NFL

I'm not sold on Wilson like some, but I'm coming around... The Fields hate feels like it has gone too far. I'm still thinking he goes to SF at 3. I'm not sure what SF has to gain by saying it's Mac though when they already traded up. It also looks like Lawrence and Wilson are locked in ahead of him and those teams won't be trading back... So the Mac rumors logically seem like they would be true.

It's been mentioned before though that NFL teams try to outsmart themselves often so I could see it going either way

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:34 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:08 am

I'm not sold it's Mac either... But I've tried to stay open that teams will evaluate players and value them differently than the fantasy community. Trey Lance is the most recent example. He was creeping up as QB3 and even QB2 for some people, but seems like he's a "distant" QB5 for the NFL

I'm not sold on Wilson like some, but I'm coming around... The Fields hate feels like it has gone too far. I'm still thinking he goes to SF at 3. I'm not sure what SF has to gain by saying it's Mac though when they already traded up. It also looks like Lawrence and Wilson are locked in ahead of him and those teams won't be trading back... So the Mac rumors logically seem like they would be true.

It's been mentioned before though that NFL teams try to outsmart themselves often so I could see it going either way
I think SF takes Fields, and he and TLaw are the only hits in the class.

ZW fail because Jets
Lance looks like Love to me
Jones might be the next Matt Ryan, but he could easily be Josh Rosen too.

K-Tyler Bass

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:51 am

What is the value of Sam Darnold in a 10 team TE premium super flex? Is he worth of future first from a good team?

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:09 am

lic217 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:51 am What is the value of Sam Darnold in a 10 team TE premium super flex? Is he worth of future first from a good team?
I'd pay a late future 1st for him. Comparing him to this class is fairly bleak for me, but he'd be in the back end of the 1st/early 2nd probably

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:26 am

lic217 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:51 am What is the value of Sam Darnold in a 10 team TE premium super flex? Is he worth of future first from a good team?
I keep hearing from knowledgeable Jets’ fans that Darnold’s poor play exceeded what could be excused by mediocre weapons and poor coaching by more than just a little. That Joe Flacco - who has no business wearing a uniform any longer other than to hold a clipboard and act as a mentor - could outperform him under the same circumstances says a lot to me.

I don’t know if he never really was a starting quality NFL QB or whether he’s just shell shocked to the point of incompetence, but it seems like there is a very real possibility that he’ll be replacement level at best for the rest of his career. I’m not sure I’d offer anything more than a high 2nd rounder for him in your league, and even then I’d have some hard thinking to do before I did it.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:26 am

No. In 10 team SuperFlex QBs just aren’t scarce enough and the pick can be no lower than 10th.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:12 pm

In all honesty, I think the 9ers decided who they wanted, decided what they'd trade for him, and started calling teams with the Jets. Jets said no, so on to Miami...

I think it should but Fields, but who knows?

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:55 pm

They better hope NYJ doesn't pull a NYJ move and switch their selection last second. SF must be happy with any of the top 3 QBs (whoever they have as their top 3) in order to pull that trigger.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:20 pm

Everyone just totally buying Wilson going at two then? I still think fields is in play for the jets, so could easily see Wilson going to SF
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:45 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:12 pm
In all honesty, I think the 9ers decided who they wanted, decided what they'd trade for him, and started calling teams with the Jets. Jets said no, so on to Miami...

I think it should but Fields, but who knows?
I think the 49ers probably want Z.Wilson and are hoping the Jets decide not to take him but I can’t imagine the Jets doing that because I think Joe Douglas is a better GM than what they had before, so I think the Jets will take Wilson. My whole thing with the 49ers if they go with Mac Jones and I’ve heard other people say this as well, why move up to #3 to take a guy that has a similar skill set to what you already have in Jimmy G? It just doesn’t make sense, sure it could work out but generally when a team pays that much to move up that high, you would think they would take J.Fields or T.Lance even, two guys that have some unique characteristics and are harder to come by, either way, can’t wait to find out how it all shakes out in a couple of weeks.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:31 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:08 am

Lance is actually QB3 on NFL.com .03 points behind Zach Wilson.

Aside from Lawrence and maybe Wilson all of these QBs are great prospects that fulfill different flavors of what NFL GMs are looking for in their QBs.

I could see the order literally being anything from 2-5.