Why the 2021 Rookie Class might be the most valuable in Recent Dynasty History

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Why the 2021 Rookie Class might be the most valuable in Recent Dynasty History

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:55 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:36 pm Props to ArryIT on this call. I was skeptical, but this class could absolutely end up giving 2014 a run for it's money.
Yeah gotta give credit. From what I remember the consensus was punt this class except in sf.
Funny enough the qbs look meh at best and every other spot looks great

thebadferret
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Why the 2021 Rookie Class might be the most valuable in Recent Dynasty History

Postby thebadferret » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:13 am

Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:55 pm Yeah gotta give credit. From what I remember the consensus was punt this class except in sf.
I'm not a fan of these black and white statements about a rookie year. People saying '22 is so bad, while '23 is so incredible good. I'm heavily invested in the 2022 class (having 3 first rounder, quite early ones) giving this narrative they were cheap.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:25 am

thebadferret wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:13 am
Mjvb5 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:55 pm Yeah gotta give credit. From what I remember the consensus was punt this class except in sf.
I'm not a fan of these black and white statements about a rookie year. People saying '22 is so bad, while '23 is so incredible good. I'm heavily invested in the 2022 class (having 3 first rounder, quite early ones) giving this narrative they were cheap.
I agree. It seems shortsighted to me to say 2022 will be a bad year. Every year good players come out. The NFL is a meat grinder and new bodies are needed every year. And those new bodies will earn starting jobs and post starters' stats.

Good luck with your 3 first rounders next year. I had was was essentially 4 1st rounders in '21 and came away with Etienne, Javonte, Waddle and Chase. So far it looks like I have a good base for the next 4-5 seasons, especially if Etienne returns to his old self. You can really set yourself up great with those 3 picks.

As Yoda once said, "Choose wisely."
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Anteaters wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:25 am
I agree. It seems shortsighted to me to say 2022 will be a bad year. Every year good players come out. The NFL is a meat grinder and new bodies are needed every year. And those new bodies will earn starting jobs and post starters' stats.

Good luck with your 3 first rounders next year. I had was was essentially 4 1st rounders in '21 and came away with Etienne, Javonte, Waddle and Chase. So far it looks like I have a good base for the next 4-5 seasons, especially if Etienne returns to his old self. You can really set yourself up great with those 3 picks.

Yeah I'm of the belief that selling the "good" and buying the "bad classes is mutually the way to go.from what I've seen most classes wind up in the same rough range regardless of our thoughts. Obviously you gave some great classes(2020) but then you have classes that were viewed as game change flopping(2018) and disregarded classes blowing up(2019)

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:27 pm

This guy reckons the 2022 class is at least 17 good players deep.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/comm ... class_wrs/

I'm sure we'll have some late risers as we sift through the analytical darlings and landing spots, too.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:18 pm

Nice to see some positive takes. I agree this class isn’t so shabby, it’s just sandwiched between 20, 21, 23, that as of this post all look exceptional.

I’m actually kinda surprised newer dynasty players aren’t over valuing picks after 20,21 (even 19 really)

I really haven’t had a class where 2nds were quite so easy to snag as 22 here, even early ones, and in SF.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:08 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:36 pm Props to ArryIT on this call. I was skeptical, but this class could absolutely end up giving 2014 a run for it's money.
Thanks, much appreciated. I'll be updating my comparisons to the other rookie classes sometime in the next few weeks but yes the results look promising.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:10 pm

Anteaters wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:25 am

Hard for me to say anything better. In the end regardless of the strength of the class, it comes down to the choices we make with each class. I think this class has enough depth to make it easier to have made good choices, but I also have no doubts there will be good choices to be made in the 2022 class.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:11 pm

honcho55 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:18 pm Nice to see some positive takes. I agree this class isn’t so shabby, it’s just sandwiched between 20, 21, 23, that as of this post all look exceptional.

I’m actually kinda surprised newer dynasty players aren’t over valuing picks after 20,21 (even 19 really)

I really haven’t had a class where 2nds were quite so easy to snag as 22 here, even early ones, and in SF.
Perception indeed has a major effect on what is relative.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:36 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:11 pm
honcho55 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:18 pm Nice to see some positive takes. I agree this class isn’t so shabby, it’s just sandwiched between 20, 21, 23, that as of this post all look exceptional.

Perception indeed has a major effect on what is relative.
I listened to one guy say that there are a fair few talented players from smaller schools so they don't get the hype that big school guys usually receive, no Bama QB, no LSU WR, the top RBs didn't play for Georgia etc. Talk was that this class value is likely to rise closer to the draft when NFL scouts really dig into them and hype rises particularly for the WRs. I'm not saying its as good as 20, 21, or 23 is meant to be, just that perception might be skewed too far the other way

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:58 am

mild wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:27 pm
This guy reckons the 2022 class is at least 17 good players deep.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DynastyFF/comm ... class_wrs/

I'm sure we'll have some late risers as we sift through the analytical darlings and landing spots, too.
This guy has it almost exactly as I have been thinking about it. Think I left off David Bell though.

I also had maybe 1 qb, not 4, so I guess I like more of the rbs. I was considering it from a 1 qb perspective anyway, but I noticed a major drop off after maybe pick 16.

You have to include 1 qb at least given Big Ben's probable retirement. I think they go young and take a young gun along with a FA vet backup. That situation is so favorable that I would have to put 1 qb in the top 16.

I think there are more solid rb prospects in this class (some not spectacular prospects), but guys that could surprise ala James Robinson. Not the best metrics, but good football players that could go late round to undrafted.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D