Ja'Marr Chase Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Ja'Marr Chase Thread

Postby Hjorimir » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:59 pm

Chase was always my 1.01 this year (and that's where I took him in one league). I certainly don't think he can keep up this TD pace - who can? - but it's wonderful to see!
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:36 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:32 pm Still kinda mad I had to go for Najae but 300 touches for the next 5 years is not something you pass on in a 16 team league.
300 touches a year for 5 years is just a given for Harris? How so? Volume and opportunity changes year to year and we have no idea what the Steelers look like next year. In my opinion Harris is like drafting a player with roster security that will perform at league average. Drafting Chase has you hold your breath every time he touches the ball about what if.....
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:59 pm

murphysxm wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:36 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:32 pm Still kinda mad I had to go for Najae but 300 touches for the next 5 years is not something you pass on in a 16 team league.
300 touches a year for 5 years is just a given for Harris? How so? Volume and opportunity changes year to year and we have no idea what the Steelers look like next year. In my opinion Harris is like drafting a player with roster security that will perform at league average. Drafting Chase has you hold your breath every time he touches the ball about what if.....
As long as Mike Tomlin is there you can bank on the Steelers wanting to use one bell cow RB. So unless you think Tomlin is out then I think you can pencil in the starting RB (in this case Najee) for the Steelers getting 300 touches a season.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:07 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:59 pm As long as Mike Tomlin is there you can bank on the Steelers wanting to use one bell cow RB. So unless you think Tomlin is out then I think you can pencil in the starting RB (in this case Najee) for the Steelers getting 300 touches a season.
As certain as the sun rising every morning
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:18 pm

Any change next year of a QB or OL would have to be considered a plus for Harris' outlook. It couldn't get worse, could it?

... but I'm still taking Chase over Harris.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:41 am

Hottoddies wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:18 pm Any change next year of a QB or OL would have to be considered a plus for Harris' outlook. It couldn't get worse, could it?

A new QB likely isn't going to have a shot arm and have to dump off to the RB every other play, it would probably be a negative for him in fantasy unless they are able to take a huge jump in their rushing production. Saw something similar with Saquon, he gets far fewer looks in the passing game with Jones than he did with Eli. Ben isn't good for the Steelers, but he's good for Najee's fantasy points and he will take a hit when Ben is gone.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:51 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:41 am
Hottoddies wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:18 pm Any change next year of a QB or OL would have to be considered a plus for Harris' outlook. It couldn't get worse, could it?

A new QB likely isn't going to have a shot arm and have to dump off to the RB every other play, it would probably be a negative for him in fantasy unless they are able to take a huge jump in their rushing production. Saw something similar with Saquon, he gets far fewer looks in the passing game with Jones than he did with Eli. Ben isn't good for the Steelers, but he's good for Najee's fantasy points and he will take a hit when Ben is gone.
but on the other hand, a better QB will have the D focusing a bit more on the passing game and help the offense make a jump in rushing production.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:02 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:51 am
bjd5211 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:41 am

but on the other hand, a better QB will have the D focusing a bit more on the passing game and help the offense make a jump in rushing production.
Probably not enough to offset the big boost he's getting in the passing game, especially with that OL.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:23 am

bjd5211 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:02 am Probably not enough to offset the big boost he's getting in the passing game, especially with that OL.
probably.
still a lot of factors though, and most changes affect what happens in different ways, not always in the same direction.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:49 am

Either way, I'm taking Chase both short and long-term.

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:59 am

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:59 pm
As long as Mike Tomlin is there you can bank on the Steelers wanting to use one bell cow RB. So unless you think Tomlin is out then I think you can pencil in the starting RB (in this case Najee) for the Steelers getting 300 touches a season.
I think week 3 will be an outlier with 14 receptions and the run game hasn’t been good. I’m not sure 300 is guaranteed.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:10 am

I think Chase becomes the WR1 in dynasty after this season. Think Justin Jefferson but better. That LSU team two years ago was truly amazing.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:16 am

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:59 pm
As a RB, Harris hasn't done anything to be that running back long term. What is at 3 YPC? Anybody can catch dump offs from an aging QB that can't throw downfield. My point isn't that Harris won't produce, it is just that I don't think he is that talented and if/when his situation changes he doesn't posses the talent to succeed. I believe Chase does.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

dondickenson
Starter
Starter

Postby dondickenson » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:18 am

My television tells me Chase is as advertised. He basically looks the same level of dominance that he did as a 19 year old at LSU now at 21 in the NFL. My crystal ball tells me he will be WR1 overall in dynasty before long.

The way he gets separation late in those deep routes is Moss-esque even with the totally different body type. The way he got himself open by multiple yards with ease on that cross in the end zone is just impressive.

And he only has 16 targets in 3 games, just wait until he starts seeing a WR1s target share of 8+ targets/game. I don’t know how they are gonna stop him and Burrow for years to come.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:42 pm

I traded for the 1.01 to take him. He seemed to me like the safest bet, and with one of the highest ceilings. If Pitt's reaches his ceiling, he'll certainly be a positional advantage. But I didn't want to take that shot at 1.01.

And frankly, I didn't like any of the RB's enough to draft them at 1.01, and that's in non-PPR. So far so good.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku