Ja'Marr Chase Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Bengals + Chase?

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:34 am

Kmani6 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:28 am
CGW wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:49 am I love Chase and think hes the best non QB prospect in this class by a wide margin, but this would be a bad move for Cinci. Their problem hasn't been at WR.

If they do take Chase, I think itll get a bit murky between the three WR (ala 2020 Tampa bay) but Burrow will still likely throw 40+ times a game again and getting sacked 3-4 times a game. Higgins would probably be my fade of the three in normal PPR leagues.
Why do you think Chase is the best non QB prospect by a wide margin compared to guys like Sewell or Pitts?
Maybe not Pitts but the NFL is not nearly as high on Sewell as a cant miss/generation talent like fans seem to be

He's lauded for his incredible athleticism/raw upside--not for being Orlando Pace--especially when he missed a crucial season of development on the technique that's considered his flaw (as opposed to strength)

Daniel Jeremiah--though I don't obviously agree with him on everything--is one of the most plugged in guys to NFL insider circles and their evaluations of players and has Sewell around 10-12 (behind Slater actually) and Chase 3 overall

It's quite likely the NFL sees Chase as a better WR prospect than Sewell as an OT

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:57 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:34 am
CGW wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:49 am I love Chase and think hes the best non QB prospect in this class by a wide margin, but this would be a bad move for Cinci. Their problem hasn't been at WR.

If they do take Chase, I think itll get a bit murky between the three WR (ala 2020 Tampa bay) but Burrow will still likely throw 40+ times a game again and getting sacked 3-4 times a game. Higgins would probably be my fade of the three in normal PPR leagues.
Why do you think Chase is the best non QB prospect by a wide margin compared to guys like Sewell or Pitts?
Maybe not Pitts but the NFL is not nearly as high on Sewell as a cant miss/generation talent like fans seem to be

He's lauded for his incredible athleticism/raw upside--not for being Orlando Pace--especially when he missed a crucial season of development on the technique that's considered his flaw (as opposed to strength)

Daniel Jeremiah--though I don't obviously agree with him on everything--is one of the most plugged in guys to NFL insider circles and their evaluations of players and has Sewell around 10-12 (behind Slater actually) and Chase 3 overall

It's quite likely the NFL sees Chase as a better WR prospect than Sewell as an OT
I would only agree if you said some or a few NFL teams may see Chase as a better prospect than Sewell or Slater.

The NFL is 32 teams and I am certain not all would agree any WR is a better prospect than a LT prospect with their traits.

Chase is a stud no doubt so I am sure some will like him a ton. He should be the 1st WR taken I would think and is in the conversation as high as 4th overall.

If I owned Burrow I would want the best 2 Lineman I could draft to protect him and help the running game. He already throws open WR's when he is upright.

Teams do build differently so time will tell but I would easily take a LT over any WR in this draft that high if I had a young QB and probably won't be drafting this high again for a decade. There will be very good WR's in round 2, there will not be any where close to a top rated O Tackle in round 2.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:46 pm

7.00 3-cone for Chase, obviously gonna bust now.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:47 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:46 pm 7.00 3-cone for Chase, obviously gonna bust now.
Never mind. (was chatting about Pitts in group chat and got wires crossed)

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:49 pm

Lumps wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:47 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:46 pm 7.00 3-cone for Chase, obviously gonna bust now.
I think that's pretty good for his size, is it not? If anything that's confirming.
It was 41st percentile for WR, so definitely not anything special, but was just making fun of all the hate DK got for his 3-cone (7.38).

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:34 am

I'm a Bengals fan, and as much as I love Chase, I revolt if they don't take Sewell or Slater. I agree that fans may have Sewell a bit higher than some NFL teams, but it's tough to ignore a guy who beat out the likes of Thomas, Wirfs, Wills, and Becton (all 2020 top 13 picks) for the Outland Trophy as a 19 year old.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:05 am

krtbuckeye wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:34 am I'm a Bengals fan, and as much as I love Chase, I revolt if they don't take Sewell or Slater.
As a fellow masochist *Bengals fan*, I am expecting them to do something along these lines at this point.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:28 am

Wasn't it only like three years ago that the Bengals had a great o-line? They just didn't' retain those players. The whole offense falls apart when the o-line stinks.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:34 am

krtbuckeye wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:34 am I'm a Bengals fan
Good job, acceptance is the first step in admitting you have a problem.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

SStory93
Role Player
Role Player

Postby SStory93 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:38 am

I can't speak for the OP, but to me Chase reminds so much of Justin Blackmon as a prospect in a good way. Besides the sheer fact he was the best WR in college at 19 yrs old with Ceedee Lamb, Jerry Juedy of the worlds in college football. He does just about everything I would want from a WR he wins with leverage on his routes similar to how D. Hop does in his 1 on 1 situation . He has strong hands, that allows him to win 50/50 balls. He also is a threat after the catch similar to AJB. His 40 is probably more mid 4.4s, but that just the cherry on top. He is also considered to be the best WR prospect in the past 5 years from sites I trust.
12 Team PPR 2 Flex

QB: Hurts | Watson | Cousins
RB: Hall | Achane | Ekeler| Chubb | Kamara
WR: Hill | AJ Brown | Chase | Aiyuk
TE: Njoku | Waller

🏆: 2023

12 Team PPR SuperFlex IDP

QB: Hurts | Fields | Mayfield
RB: Bijan | Saquon | Ford
WR: Chase | Jefferson | AJ Brown | Metcalf | Puka | Collins
TE: Pitts | Freieemuth
DL: T. Watt
LB: White
DB: Adams | Kearse | Stingley

🏆: 2023

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:17 am

Sewell, Pitts or Chase would all be phenomenal picks for Cincy and a strong argument could be made for any of them. The best case scenario for Cincy would be QBs going 1-4 and then trading down to 8 with Carolina who would be protecting themselves from getting jumped for the 5th, and then Cincy takes the likely remainder of those 3 players and getting extra draft capital.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:03 am

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:17 am Sewell, Pitts or Chase would all be phenomenal picks for Cincy and a strong argument could be made for any of them. The best case scenario for Cincy would be QBs going 1-4 and then trading down to 8 with Carolina who would be protecting themselves from getting jumped for the 5th, and then Cincy takes the likely remainder of those 3 players and getting extra draft capital.
While I think the team need is so strong for OL help, this makes some serious sense
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:11 am

murphysxm wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:03 am
bjd5211 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:17 am Sewell, Pitts or Chase would all be phenomenal picks for Cincy and a strong argument could be made for any of them. The best case scenario for Cincy would be QBs going 1-4 and then trading down to 8 with Carolina who would be protecting themselves from getting jumped for the 5th, and then Cincy takes the likely remainder of those 3 players and getting extra draft capital.
While I think the team need is so strong for OL help, this makes some serious sense
It is a need, but I think a combo of Chase/Fields + early 2nd round OL would have a bigger impact for the offense and Burrow than Sewell + 2nd round WR/TE. I understand either viewpoint, but I think the drop off from Chase or Pitts to the late 1st/early 2nd round receivers is bigger than the drop off from Sewell to the late 1st/early 2nd OLs.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:54 pm

Agree 100%. Makes total sense logically, which means Cincy will likely then trade up and take none of the above.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

failblazer
All Pro
All Pro

Postby failblazer » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:14 am

Am I the only one who thinks they go full Bengals and take Micah Parsons?
16 Team PPR (11th Year Dynasty - Former 2 Time Champion)
P. Mahomes, Z. Wilson
C. McCaffrey, N. Harris, C. Hubbard
D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, C. Kupp, D. Johnson, G. Davis, D. Mims, J. Palmer
D. Waller, C. Kmet, B. Jordan

C. Young, R. Quinn
D. Leonard, M. Milano, C. Mosely, B. Okereke, J. Davis
J. Simmons, J. Fuller

Picks - 1.01, 2.12, 3.01, 3.15, 4.14

16 Team PPR (10th Year Dynasty - Reigning 5 Time Champion)
A. Rodgers, J. Fields
C. McCaffrey, D. Henry, J. Dobbins, M. Davis
D. Hopkins, D. Adams, C. Kupp, M. Jones, M. Valdes-Scantling, A. Green, T. Johnson, Dy. Brown, G. Pickens, J. Tolbert,
N. Fant, A. Okwugbunam, J. Harris
J. Elliott

D. Lawrence, R. Quinn, T. Hendrickson
R. Smith, B. Okereke, L. Wilson, J. Davis, D. Tranquil, B. Asamoah
J. Simmons, W. Harris