Ja'Marr Chase Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Ja'Marr Chase Thread

Postby Ice » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:25 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:42 pm I traded for the 1.01 to take him. He seemed to me like the safest bet, and with one of the highest ceilings. If Pitt's reaches his ceiling, he'll certainly be a positional advantage. But I didn't want to take that shot at 1.01.

And frankly, I didn't like any of the RB's enough to draft them at 1.01, and that's in non-PPR. So far so good.
No doubt he is looking really good. I had Pitts 1.1 and Chase 1.2 but no doubt and not surprising to me Chase has hit the ground running sooner given his past relationship.

Enjoy!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:37 am

I see he's the #6 overall dynasty WR now on keeptradecut, already ahead of AJ Brown. This reminds me a bit of Metcalf and Jefferson's rise last season where it seemed high, but it also seemed predictable that he would be even higher by the end of the year so buying now might still be buying at good value.

If anything people have adjusted with Chase even quicker compared to Metcalf/JJ's breakout, probably partially because of Chase's better pedigree but also because people missed out on "buying high" with Metcalf/JJ and don't want to make the same mistake again.

On the flipside he really hasn't been getting that many targets relative to all those TDs he's catching so I could see a 2-3 game stretch where he puts up a few games like 3-37-0 and maybe his buying price comes down a little. But waiting for that also runs the risk of him having another big game or scoring a few more TDs and becoming untouchable.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:01 am

If he is already at 3+ 1sts I would wait to buy. As others have mentioned he isn't getting a ton of targets so unless that increases I don't see him retaining the production.

You will almost never have to pay more than 3+ 1sts and if you do it's not really worth it. There have only been a handful of players worth that and it's hard to know who they are except in hindsight. I remember OBJ was once worth 4 1sts. Jerry Rice was worth like 6 1sts, but again, that's in hindsight.

If you want Chase for 3+ 1sts then wait a couple games and hope for a buy window before you pull the trigger.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:53 pm

Is it too early to suggest that the LSU boys could be the 1 and 2 ranked Dynasty receivers as early as.....now? I mean, with Chase's college profile/draft capital, and what he's done through 6 weeks, I wouldn't argue with someone putting him right up there with Jefferson.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:13 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:53 pm Is it too early to suggest that the LSU boys could be the 1 and 2 ranked Dynasty receivers as early as.....now? I mean, with Chase's college profile/draft capital, and what he's done through 6 weeks, I wouldn't argue with someone putting him right up there with Jefferson.
I'm already there personally, and so is KeepTradeCut (the most reactionary of the fantasy sites, but useful in this instance gauging public opinion)

It has echoes of AJ Brown and DK coming out of the same team, except there wasn't a Burrow throwing them the ball and DK was injured for lots of it. We'll remember that LSU team as one of the all time greats for years to come, I think.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:12 am

Remember when people panicked about Chase in the summer because he "couldn't catch"?

Good times
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:34 pm

Dynasty WR1 confirmed.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Hjorimir » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:20 pm

Just insane how good he is this fast.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:56 pm

Preseason, Murphysxm was saying he would rather have Chase over Jefferson if he could get something thrown in, but even if he couldn't he would take Chase over Jefferson. I thought he was certifiably insane. Turns out he is insane but in a Rain Man sort of way. Don't think I won't be all in on who he likes next.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:18 am

mild wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:13 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:53 pm Is it too early to suggest that the LSU boys could be the 1 and 2 ranked Dynasty receivers as early as.....now? I mean, with Chase's college profile/draft capital, and what he's done through 6 weeks, I wouldn't argue with someone putting him right up there with Jefferson.
I'm already there personally, and so is KeepTradeCut (the most reactionary of the fantasy sites, but useful in this instance gauging public opinion)

It has echoes of AJ Brown and DK coming out of the same team, except there wasn't a Burrow throwing them the ball and DK was injured for lots of it. We'll remember that LSU team as one of the all time greats for years to come, I think.
Nice list. I guess I say "nice" because I agree with it in general. Except it seems Hollywood ought to be inside the top 20 by now.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:00 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:56 pm Preseason, Murphysxm was saying he would rather have Chase over Jefferson if he could get something thrown in, but even if he couldn't he would take Chase over Jefferson. I thought he was certifiably insane. Turns out he is insane but in a Rain Man sort of way. Don't think I won't be all in on who he likes next.
I wasn't exagerating then. I didn't see Chase doing this, this early, but saw the JJ regression as likely. Be careful, I love ARob just as much, he just needs a dang QB
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:51 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:00 am
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:56 pm Preseason, Murphysxm was saying he would rather have Chase over Jefferson if he could get something thrown in, but even if he couldn't he would take Chase over Jefferson. I thought he was certifiably insane. Turns out he is insane but in a Rain Man sort of way. Don't think I won't be all in on who he likes next.
I wasn't exagerating then. I didn't see Chase doing this, this early, but saw the JJ regression as likely. Be careful, I love ARob just as much, he just needs a dang QB
As an ARob and Mooney owner, I never thought I'd long to have Trubisky back...but here we are.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:02 am

As an ARob and Chase owner, I'm just glad I get to bench ARob and move Chase into his starting spot. Otherwise, this might have been a long year of continuing to start ARob waiting for a QB to magically appear in Chicago.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:12 am

The dude dropped to 1.04 in my league because they are just obsessed with RBs, and they are too stubborn to admit it was a mistake. I understand RBs have value because they are hard to find but sometimes you just gotta go best available.

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:21 am

I love how I got mocked putting him as one of the best wr prospects I have ever seen.