Ja'Marr Chase Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Bengals + Chase?

Postby Blackout » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:52 pm

Boyd is a talented possesion receiver in the slot (where there is no TE to fill this role), Chase and Higgins on outside

Boyd = TJ Houshmandzadeh
Chase = Ocho
Higgins = Chris Henry ?

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:57 pm

dustyroads wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:39 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:16 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:46 am

I'm the opposite, and based on pay of the top 10 WRs vs top 10 LTs the NFL says the same. As a position group yes Offensive Line is more important than WR, but as individuals an elite WR can have a bigger impact than an elite OT.
I think it depends. Julio Jones has made a bigger impact on the Falcons than Joe Thomas did as a Brown, but Ryan Whitworth moving to the Rams seemed to really coincide with their massive offensive uptick, while OBJ/Arob for all their talent havent moved the needle with their respective organizations either.

I think a big factor is the team around you obviously. Its a 53 man roster, no one player is the key like in basketball. I personally think the game is won and lost at the LOS, so I would go OT over WR any day of the week considering there are a whole host of 1000 yard receivers now a days with more and more advantages afforded them. The most important position is QB, why limit his time during a play and risk injury with a garbage Oline?
Playing devil's advocate here: I get this to an extent, but going to sound cliché for a second here, your line is only as strong as the weakest player on it. One amazing o-lineman won't do much to change an otherwise poor line. One WR can make a difference though.

Also comparing Chase to the bulk of good-not-great 1k yard receivers I think is grossly undervaluing his talent, but maybe I'm just much higher on him. I think he's my favorite WR prospect since AJ Green/Julio Jones (I wasn't on the Amari Cooper train).
Agreed, Chase is going to be more impactful than the Brandin Cooks, and Robby Andersons of the world. But for all the receiving talent the Chiefs had it meant nothing in the SB with TB consistently pressuring Mahommes. Yes one Lineman wont make you win the entire battle at the LOS, but its more of a start than not upgrading it at all eh?

And there are a few teams that are top half of the league in yards per game without having top shelf WR talent and a dominant Oline. TEN yes AJB and Henry are beasts but outside of those two who on that team is considered a dangerous game plan worthy threat? Rams, great Oline play, solid yet still not top flight WR talent aided by one of the best offensive minds in football however. Browns (barely top 15 but had a rocky start to the season coming on strong in the back half) great Oline play and their top WR is Jarvis landry with 840 yards. Colts, one of the best Olines in the game, meh WRs and QB, still top 10.

Call me old school, but I dont think anyone has said a team is a top tier WR away from the superbowl.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:04 pm

Blackout wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:52 pm Boyd is a talented possesion receiver in the slot (where there is no TE to fill this role), Chase and Higgins on outside

Boyd = TJ Houshmandzadeh
Chase = Ocho
Higgins = Chris Henry ?
I'd say Higgins > Henry
and Burrow = if not > Palmer (can debate before and after the injury)
and Mixon >>> Rudi Johnson

It's got the makings of an excellent offense with a few oline drafted in the next few rounds.

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:09 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:57 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:16 pm

I think it depends. Julio Jones has made a bigger impact on the Falcons than Joe Thomas did as a Brown, but Ryan Whitworth moving to the Rams seemed to really coincide with their massive offensive uptick, while OBJ/Arob for all their talent havent moved the needle with their respective organizations either.

I think a big factor is the team around you obviously. Its a 53 man roster, no one player is the key like in basketball. I personally think the game is won and lost at the LOS, so I would go OT over WR any day of the week considering there are a whole host of 1000 yard receivers now a days with more and more advantages afforded them. The most important position is QB, why limit his time during a play and risk injury with a garbage Oline?
Playing devil's advocate here: I get this to an extent, but going to sound cliché for a second here, your line is only as strong as the weakest player on it. One amazing o-lineman won't do much to change an otherwise poor line. One WR can make a difference though.

Also comparing Chase to the bulk of good-not-great 1k yard receivers I think is grossly undervaluing his talent, but maybe I'm just much higher on him. I think he's my favorite WR prospect since AJ Green/Julio Jones (I wasn't on the Amari Cooper train).
Agreed, Chase is going to be more impactful than the Brandin Cooks, and Robby Andersons of the world. But for all the receiving talent the Chiefs had it meant nothing in the SB with TB consistently pressuring Mahommes. Yes one Lineman wont make you win the entire battle at the LOS, but its more of a start than not upgrading it at all eh?

And there are a few teams that are top half of the league in yards per game without having top shelf WR talent and a dominant Oline. TEN yes AJB and Henry are beasts but outside of those two who on that team is considered a dangerous game plan worthy threat? Rams, great Oline play, solid yet still not top flight WR talent aided by one of the best offensive minds in football however. Browns (barely top 15 but had a rocky start to the season coming on strong in the back half) great Oline play and their top WR is Jarvis landry with 840 yards. Colts, one of the best Olines in the game, meh WRs and QB, still top 10.

Call me old school, but I dont think anyone has said a team is a top tier WR away from the superbowl.
I don't know if this has ever really been said about any player position (and taken seriously) outside of QB. I do get your points though. I think it makes more sense in real NFL then any potential fantasy/dynasty applications though. And I think I may just be much higher on Chase (and have more questions on Sewell) than you, probably creating the disconnect. If they don't take online with this next pick, and follow up with another pick or two later in the draft; then I will definitely be worried about Burrow, and consequentially the offense, as a whole in both real world and dynasty, that's for sure.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:18 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:57 pm Agreed, Chase is going to be more impactful than the Brandin Cooks, and Robby Andersons of the world. But for all the receiving talent the Chiefs had it meant nothing in the SB with TB consistently pressuring Mahommes. Yes one Lineman wont make you win the entire battle at the LOS, but its more of a start than not upgrading it at all eh?

This is because their starting OTs both went down before the SB and they went from having 2 highly competent OTs (but neither were elite) most of the season to 2 backups in the Super Bowl. KC did everything right going into last year when it came to their OTs, and then just got all the unlucky breaks along the way.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:15 pm

dustyroads wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:09 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:57 pm

I don't know if this has ever really been said about any player position (and taken seriously) outside of QB. I do get your points though. I think it makes more sense in real NFL then any potential fantasy/dynasty applications though. And I think I may just be much higher on Chase (and have more questions on Sewell) than you, probably creating the disconnect. If they don't take online with this next pick, and follow up with another pick or two later in the draft; then I will definitely be worried about Burrow, and consequentially the offense, as a whole in both real world and dynasty, that's for sure.
Aaaaand as a hawks fan let's just say I'm not happy... Was WR close to being a need right after we extend Lockette? No... Could really have used some Online help. Idk what the quality of those left were, but there had to have been better picks here...
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:46 pm

Have the 1.05 in a 1 qb league that values RBs ridiculously high, any chance this guy falls to me? I really hope so, i think he contributes this season, is rookie WR1 and doesnt look back. The talent and situation here is almost too perfect.

austing
Role Player
Role Player

Postby austing » Fri May 07, 2021 4:03 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:46 pm Have the 1.05 in a 1 qb league that values RBs ridiculously high, any chance this guy falls to me? I really hope so, i think he contributes this season, is rookie WR1 and doesnt look back. The talent and situation here is almost too perfect.
Actually yes, albeit a small chance. I could foresee the top four in any given 1QB league going Harris, ETN, Williams, Pitts.. unlikely, but it could break that way if the guys at 1.03 or 1.04 are bad prognosticators.
12 team/37 year contract cap ppr league/ Player (yrs left on team) --- Qb Rb Flex Flex Flex Flex (max 3 rbs, no req. TEs)

QB Josh Allen (1)

RB Nick Chubb (1) Miles Sanders (4) Chase Edmunds (1)

WR Kenny Golladay (2) Jerry Jeudy (4) Courtland Sutton (3) Allen Robinson (3) Marvin Jones (2) Nelson Agholor (1) Nkeal Harry (3)

K Josh Brown (1)

Dst Bears (1)

2021 1.04 Pick (waddle/pitts/williams)

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Sat May 08, 2021 10:25 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:46 pm Have the 1.05 in a 1 qb league that values RBs ridiculously high, any chance this guy falls to me? I really hope so, i think he contributes this season, is rookie WR1 and doesnt look back. The talent and situation here is almost too perfect.
He shouldn't fall to 5, but stuff happens
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Postby Zhoward88 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:12 pm

failblazer wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:14 am Am I the only one who thinks they go full Bengals and take Micah Parsons?
Yea you are the only one who thought that. Lol linebacker with previous red flags hahahaha
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).
Start 1 QB 6 pt passing TD, 2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE.

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

TEs- Goedert, fant, Hayden hurst, Dan Arnold, Donald parham
Kicker- koo

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Bengals + Ja'Marr Chase?

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:31 pm

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/0 ... ei-sewell/

Thought this was interesting enough to share - credit to cazzie.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Ja'Marr Chase Thread

Postby thebeast » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:19 am

Surprised this thread has been inactive for a bit, especially with the news that Chase seems to be struggling.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:04 am

thebeast wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:19 am Surprised this thread has been inactive for a bit, especially with the news that Chase seems to be struggling.
I desperately hope its true that he is struggling and it continues into the season. Might give me a chance to buy.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:02 pm

Think he's just not getting separation at this level?
@PlankMelody

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:14 pm

Plank wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:02 pm Think he's just not getting separation at this level?
He hasn't played meaningful football in two years. He's probably just a little rusty. He'll regain his feel for the game in the next couple of weeks.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, Tre Tucker, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
IR: Mike Williams (WR), Joey Bosa (DL)
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser