14 Week Regular Season?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bucsrule
Captain
Captain

14 Week Regular Season?

Postby bucsrule » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:20 pm

I feel pretty confident in saying that the majority of Dynasty leagues out there operate on a 13 week regular season. In fact, every league I've been in, whether it be Dynasty, Keeper or ReDraft, have had 13 week regular seasons.

Now that the NFL has greenlighted the 17 game NFL Regular Season, does that mean the automatic reaction is to have a 14 week regular season?

A guy in one of my leagues says yes, but I'm not so sure. Am I just a prisoner of the past?

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: 14 Week Regular Season?

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:39 pm

I'll wait til after the first 17 game NFL season to see how it shakes out. Are there teams that lock up their playoff seed and coast the last two weeks?

I don't see the need to rush to expand the fantasy season.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:29 pm

In years past, I always hated the dreaded week 16 players resting.

I see this as an opportunity to stay the course with a 13 week regular season and we have our championship still in week 16 even though the NFL goes 18 weeks.

Hopefully they don't do silly things like drop more bye weeks during our fantasy playoffs.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:45 pm

It will entirely depend on bye weeks.

12 team leagues work better with a 14 game regular season- you play every team once, and then you get 3 extra games in your division.

I hope my 14 teamers keep the balanced 13 game schedule.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF