Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:00 am

Anteaters wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:08 am
StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:37 pm
Anteaters wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:32 pm

2 Games do not make an NFL career.

EX: Zeke's first two games produced 139 combined yards, 2 TDs, and 3.2ypc. Najee's first two games produced 130 combined yards, 1 TD, and 3.2ypc. I'm not saying Najee will have a career as great as Zeke's has been so far. I am saying it would have been a monumental mistake to look at Zeke's first two games and conclude he was a bust.

Patience, padawan. Patience.
Except Zeke was an incredible RB prospect and Najee Harris is decidedly nothing special in his prospect profile
:lol: :lol: LMMFAO!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Najee was a 1st round pick in the NFL, and the first RB selected! Then he was a consensus T2 pick in almost every 1QB fantasy league. It sounds like NFL organizations and fantasy owners saw a lot special about him.

Maybe you meant to say something else?
Well yeah and NFL organizations thought Kyle Pitts was worth a top 4 pick

Looking deeper Harris is a plodding senior declare whose "production" is running over college kids as a 22 year old grown man behind an NFL OL in football

I am not saying he sucks but nothing about this profile screams "special"

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:23 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:48 am
McCafsteez wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:48 amI love when the DLF community sets their sight on a player and refuses to hear anyone else out who opposes their opinion. Pitts is definitely that player this year. Kind of reminds me of flat earthers. No matter what you tell them, they have already made up their mind and will refuse to change their opinion even with sufficient evidence. The point being, everyone has made their conclusion first before looking at all the data. I hope Pitts hits big, but this talk about him being more valuable in a one QB league with no TE Prem than Harris, ETN and Chase preseason is "not serious". This thread is great. Haven't seen one with as much opposition in a while!
Oh totally. You're experiencing what I've experienced several times before. It's fun to take a stance that you truly believe. If it's plausible, then it has legs to sustain long term, but there will always be a small percentage that disagree to the point where they feel the need to mock and belittle, and refuse to consider the alternative. These posters kill the fun a little bit. Gotta be open to being wrong, amigos!

Back on topic: How will we go about reviewing the opinions shared over the pages? MFL APD after the season? And maybe again in the next off-season when Etienne has a chance to regain his full health? I'd love to see the trajectory versus Pitts over time.
The important thing being that it is best to take it as exactly that - a percentage. Making the assumption that it is the whole community is unfair to all the people who simply choose not to speak or do not have the time to express their opinions.

One of our toughest challenges is to avoid making it an us vs. them type discussion. Especially when some of the most 'heated' debates I have seen have been between people in the same "camp" but disagreeing on a minor detail. :lol:

So I wont say "both sides" of the Kyle Pits = premium pick argument have been guilty of being dismissive but rather I can note that several individuals with different stances on the spectrum have at times been casually disdainful of others opinions.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:39 am

I drafted Pitts at 1.02 (Harris went 1st) and paid a high price to move up. My 1.08, Lockett, Aiyuk, and Antonio Brown for the 1.02 and I knew Harris was going to go first. After 2 weeks I feel pretty good about it. Lockett is of course ballin' but Aiyuk has lost a ton of value and Pitts is getting the target share we had all hoped. 10 team ppr not TEP. I valued Pitts 1.01 in this years draft by a fair amount. Note that my team is stacked at WR with my 3 starters being JJ, Cooper, Diggs, and Higgins as a Flex, with MT, Juju and Claypool on my bench.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:49 am

Oddball456 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:39 am I drafted Pitts at 1.02 (Harris went 1st) and paid a high price to move up. My 1.08, Lockett, Aiyuk, and Antonio Brown for the 1.02
That was a savvy trade to move up to 1.02! :thumbup:
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:20 am

Anteaters wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:49 am
Oddball456 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:39 am I drafted Pitts at 1.02 (Harris went 1st) and paid a high price to move up. My 1.08, Lockett, Aiyuk, and Antonio Brown for the 1.02
I don't like it :thumbdown:

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:40 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:20 am
X2! That was not a savvy trade. Is your league st least TE Prem? Even if it is, what a horrible trade to make. Chase already looks a million times better than Pitts who was the clear cut 1.02. I don’t mean to be aggressive here, but this is exactly the point of this thread. That is an INSANE price to pay for a TE who had never even played a down in the NFL.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:44 pm

BTW, I said the trade was a savvy move. I didn't say I would have chosen Pitts in that position. But looking only at how the trade was comprised, I really like the move. Whoever his guy was, that was a great trade to make to move up to get him.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:08 pm

Anteaters wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:44 pm BTW, I said the trade was a savvy move. I didn't say I would have chosen Pitts in that position. But looking only at how the trade was comprised, I really like the move. Whoever his guy was, that was a great trade to make to move up to get him.
That’s like giving up Waddle, Lockett, Aiyuk, AB for Pitts or Chase. That’s still super steep right now for any player of the 2021 draft right now except Harris. (Just had 19 targets). I get your point, though!
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:32 pm

McCafsteez wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:08 pm
Anteaters wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:44 pm BTW, I said the trade was a savvy move. I didn't say I would have chosen Pitts in that position. But looking only at how the trade was comprised, I really like the move. Whoever his guy was, that was a great trade to make to move up to get him.
That’s like giving up Waddle, Lockett, Aiyuk, AB for Pitts or Chase. That’s still super steep right now for any player of the 2021 draft right now except Harris. (Just had 19 targets). I get your point, though!
I agree it loos like a lot on paper. And it could be just the combination to make someone give up the 1.02. It's a fair trade for both sides, if the other guy wants a ready-made WR core, minus a true WR1.

I'm always focused on getting 1-level talent. I want WR1s, RB1s, QB1s, etc. Every move I make I want to get someone who has that potential. I don't view any of the assets the OP traded as 1-level talents. Admittedly, I'm lower on Aiyuk than most and don't think he will ever be a fantasy WR1, and that he will bounce between very low-level WR2-WR3-FLX. Waddle (or whoever would be chosen at 1.08) is a hope for decency at best. Lockett is the best asset, but I'm comfortable moving him to try to get what I hope will be a surefire 1-level player. If Najee slips, I get that shot. If Chase is the guy, I get that shot. Even though I might not have chosen Pitts, I agree Pitts has the possibility of becoming an all out stud at his position.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Oddball456
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Oddball456 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:27 am

McCafsteez wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:40 pm

X2! That was not a savvy trade. Is your league st least TE Prem? Even if it is, what a horrible trade to make. Chase already looks a million times better than Pitts who was the clear cut 1.02. I don’t mean to be aggressive here, but this is exactly the point of this thread. That is an INSANE price to pay for a TE who had never even played a down in the NFL.
I agree I paid a lot to move up from 1.08 to 1.02, but as I said in the original post I had a lot of WR depth and even after the trade have a very solid WR core. I never was a Harris guy as I valued both ETN and J Williams over him and I valued Pitts and Chase over all the RBs. I took Pitts over Chase due to 1) I already have a solid WR core 2) TE is my main "weakness" with Godert and Higbee being my main TEs 3) I already have Mixon and Higgins and don't trust CIN to protect Borrow, they should have taken a OL instead of Chase.

If Pitts is my starting TE for the next 5-10 years and I traded away several solid but depth/replaceable guys on my team, then overall it will work out for me. It is not TE-premium but if I can get a strong advantage there it will help push my over the top.

My starting line-up is J. Allen, Mixon, JT, Diggs, A Cooper, JJ, Pitts, Flex is Higgins. Main depth guys are Juju, MT, Claypool, Miles Sanders, Gaskin, Godert. We also have full IDP (start 8 IDP) and my team score top 3 on that side of the ball. My core team is young with Cooper and Diggs being the "old" guys, Pitts really fits my team well.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:33 am

Oddball456 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:27 am My core team is young with Cooper and Diggs being the "old" guys, Pitts really fits my team well.
I don't disagree, but I also think Goedert fits your team well and Chase will be the best talent from this draft. I would already have him starting over Higgins and that gap will widen. I personally, wouldn't have spent that much capital and not taken the player I view as the clear #1, but that is my opinion. To be clear I am and was high on Pitts and would have taken him over Harris, just think Chase was the pick
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:35 am

Oddball456 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:27 am
McCafsteez wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:40 pm

I agree I paid a lot to move up from 1.08 to 1.02, but as I said in the original post I had a lot of WR depth and even after the trade have a very solid WR core. I never was a Harris guy as I valued both ETN and J Williams over him and I valued Pitts and Chase over all the RBs. I took Pitts over Chase due to 1) I already have a solid WR core 2) TE is my main "weakness" with Godert and Higbee being my main TEs 3) I already have Mixon and Higgins and don't trust CIN to protect Borrow, they should have taken a OL instead of Chase.

If Pitts is my starting TE for the next 5-10 years and I traded away several solid but depth/replaceable guys on my team, then overall it will work out for me. It is not TE-premium but if I can get a strong advantage there it will help push my over the top.

My starting line-up is J. Allen, Mixon, JT, Diggs, A Cooper, JJ, Pitts, Flex is Higgins. Main depth guys are Juju, MT, Claypool, Miles Sanders, Gaskin, Godert. We also have full IDP (start 8 IDP) and my team score top 3 on that side of the ball. My core team is young with Cooper and Diggs being the "old" guys, Pitts really fits my team well.
Why didn’t you just offer that package for a proven top TE? That definitely would have been enough for Hockenson. Heck, maybe even Waller and Kelce.
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:23 am

Oddball456 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:27 am

Good job getting your guy. It was steep, for sure, but I think your process was solid.
People get way overly concerned with getting "value".
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:22 pm

What would Najee Harris have to do in order to jump his rank above Pitts? Because right now, Harris looks like a WAAAAY better fantasy asset than Pitts. At least Pitts has a HUGE opportunity this week against the Jets with multiple ATL WRs out.
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:50 pm

McCafsteez wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:22 pm What would Najee Harris have to do in order to jump his rank above Pitts? Because right now, Harris looks like a WAAAAY better fantasy asset than Pitts. At least Pitts has a HUGE opportunity this week against the Jets with multiple ATL WRs out.
Way better short term asset for sure. Long term probably not, but who knows. Most owners didn’t take Pitts over Najee because they thought he would be better this season, but because they’re hoping his talent will last 8+ seasons.

He does have a big opportunity this weekend. His targets are top 5 for a TE he just hasn’t gotten a TD yet. Hopefully that changes in Lasso Land!
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th