Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:05 am

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:52 am
McCafsteez wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:06 am Pitts primed for a big day. Id sell him immediately after this game for a record breaking haul
What would you consider a haul if you were an owner? Maybe we won't disagree with you, I'm curious.
There have been trades of like Waller + for Pitts and I'd say that's a good haul (pending the +), but Pitts is way younger and that trade might look pretty bad in a few years.

Again, I own Pitts nowhere because 1. I wasn't high enough anywhere to draft him and 2. I would not have taken a TE over any of Najee, Chase and a handful of QBs in SF.

The owners who were high on Pitts though aren't going to sell. Same with people who drafted Chase. Unless you have a very trade happy league or something... saying to trade Pitts for a haul right now is one of those things that sounds good in theory, but why? Unless you have an insane offer coming back he's a clear hold after these first handful of weeks

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:08 am

I own Pitts in a 16 team TE Premium. He's the #16 TE so far but after today he will definitely move up.

There's no way I'm trading him away. Especially after this incredible game wow.

In it wasn't a TE premium I would definitely consider it, but having a stud at TE is such a luxury.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:10 am

McCafsteez wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:29 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:20 am
McCafsteez wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:06 am Pitts primed for a big day. Id sell him immediately after this game for a record breaking haul
This isn't redraft.
I am not a Pitts believer which clearly goes against the grain on this forum. I would still sell him for a haul. If his price was insane prior to this game, it will be even crazier after.
I'm with you. With all the hype over Pitts and his stats today, I'm sure there will be offers of Two 1sts, Lamb and two 2nds for him. I'd take that all day.

I would not trade him for Crowder+1st or something similar.
Last edited by Anteaters on Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:10 am

Last thing I'll say is, this probably won't be the norm since Ridley and Gage are out, but it's encouraging to see what he can do as a focal point.

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:10 am

#Badtakesexposed
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:14 am

Sell him high! Only had 100+ yards, 8+ catches, and a TD. He’s obviously a fraud
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:22 am

You guys need to dial it back just a bit. We had a user put an opinion out there that was against the majority and I love that kind of stuff. Plus he said this before the game:
McCafsteez wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:06 amPitts primed for a big day. Id sell him immediately after this game for a record breaking haul
So why don't we wait and see what happens going forward? Let's have fun with this thread, not mock someone for their opinion. Doing so will keep others from making similar posts in the future. It's fun to have threads like this!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:30 am

Anteaters wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:10 am
McCafsteez wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:29 am
Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:20 am

This isn't redraft.
I am not a Pitts believer which clearly goes against the grain on this forum. I would still sell him for a haul. If his price was insane prior to this game, it will be even crazier after.
I'm with you. With all the hype over Pitts and his stats today, I'm sure there will be offers of Two 1sts, Lamb and two 2nds for him. I'd take that all day.

I would not trade him for Crowder+1st or something similar.
Let me know if you see an offer that includes a top WR prospect and 2 1s and 2 2s. That's a haul for nearly any one player...

Also, Crowder and a 1st was a terrible offer before Pitts was even drafted...

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:32 am

Not sure why you’d try and sell him for a haul now when you could get 8+ years of elite TE production and still sell him for a haul as a 30 year old...
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:35 am

PR0v3 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:32 am Not sure why you’d try and sell him for a haul now when you could get 8+ years of elite TE production and still sell him for a haul as a 30 year old...
Sell him for a premium pick next year and hope to hit on another prospect

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:39 am

Again, he was primed for a big day with Ridley and Gage out. Honestly, I’m not impressed with the amount of targets he saw as a result of injuries. Yes, he produced which was to be expected - good for him. But a lot of you are acting like the starts weren’t aligned perfectly for him today.

Someone got Waller+Diggs in return for Pitts preseason on this forum. After this game, which will most likely be his best performance of the year, I am absolutely selling for a haul like mentioned above, especially in a non-TE Premium.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:42 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:22 am You guys need to dial it back just a bit. We had a user put an opinion out there that was against the majority and I love that kind of stuff. Plus he said this before the game:
McCafsteez wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:06 amPitts primed for a big day. Id sell him immediately after this game for a record breaking haul
So why don't we wait and see what happens going forward? Let's have fun with this thread, not mock someone for their opinion. Doing so will keep others from making similar posts in the future. It's fun to have threads like this!
I appreciate the support here! This is a definitely a fun thread to follow along!
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:55 am

The reality is when buying or selling a stud a HAUL will be a basic requirement.

Let's not act otherwise. Pitts was the 1.1 rookie pick on many boards which wasn't a surprise. He is going to be a stud for years in the NFL most likely.

Enjoy the rewards whether buying or selling!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:57 am

McCafsteez wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:39 am Again, he was primed for a big day with Ridley and Gage out. Honestly, I’m not impressed with the amount of targets he saw as a result of injuries. Yes, he produced which was to be expected - good for him. But a lot of you are acting like the starts weren’t aligned perfectly for him today.

Someone got Waller+Diggs in return for Pitts preseason on this forum. After this game, which will most likely be his best performance of the year, I am absolutely selling for a haul like mentioned above, especially in a non-TE Premium.
This definitely won’t be his best game of the year. 9/119/1 isn’t a particularly remarkable line for one of the best receiving talents in the NFL, it’s more of just a standard day at the office. He’ll have much bigger games for sure.
Last edited by PR0v3 on Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:03 am

McCafsteez wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:39 am Again, he was primed for a big day with Ridley and Gage out. Honestly, I’m not impressed with the amount of targets he saw as a result of injuries. Yes, he produced which was to be expected - good for him. But a lot of you are acting like the starts weren’t aligned perfectly for him today.

That's the one deal that was an overpay then and still is now. I referenced this one earlier, but forget Diggs was the +. He's more of the main piece in the deal if you ask me.