Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: He's a TE, people.

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:06 am

Jrblaha wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:00 am
mild wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:55 am
mild wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:05 am Regardless, unless this is a shadow argument that he's going to eventually change position when he vies for a 2nd contract...
Anteaters wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:40 am This makes me wonder if his designation won't be switched to WR in the near future...
:doh:

Yaaaaawn. Here we go again. This has already been done to death.

This is 4, potentially 5 years away from even being in consideration. At least.

His eligibility will not change until the Falcons call him a WR on the depth chart.

... which they will never do because it'll cost them a lot more to tag/extend him.

Pitts had the option to become a WR in college. He chose not to and said TE is his position. I think the dude is proud to be a TE... and further, his career ceilings are to be the best ever at his current chosen position... or to be another great (potentially) hall of fame WR.

As an elite competitor, isn't the point to try and be the greatest ever and re-define your profession?

He’s going to get elite money anyways, and will be paid WR money - just like Kelce was.

This is a non-story, and is needless hand wringing. But... I do enjoy the constant moving of the goalposts in this, the Official: Kyle Pitts is your Tight End God thread.
Yeah bc of the money issue I don’t see ATL ever changing his designation. I think a te complained that they were basically a WR for contract purposes, but I don’t think their position tag ever changed. This probably only becomes a thing if Pitts himself decides he wants to be a WR. Seems like he enjoys TE tho, so doubt this ever matters
Twas Jimmy Graham. I think another TE tried before as well

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Re: #KylePitts

Postby McCafsteez » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:10 am

mild wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:45 pm #KylePitts

“Kyle Pitts is on pace for almost 1,200 yards this season and the Falcons didn't even figure out how to use him until like two weeks ago. That dude is different.”
https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/statu ... 9947626504

“Kyle Pitts had 163 yards today, breaking the Falcons franchise record for a TE. He has 471 yards in his first 6 games, the most by any TE in the last 50 years.”

(Reminder: the Falcons have had Tony Gonzalez, Alge Crumpler, and even master-compiler Austin Hooper)

"Kyle Pitts is the first rookie TE with back-to-back games of 100+ Rec yards since 1970."

"Most receiving yards per game this season for TEs:
1. Kyle Pitts - 78.5
2. Travis Kelce - 76.1
3. Mark Andrews - 73.7
4. Darren Waller - 63.0
5. Rob Gronkowski - 61.3"

#KylePitts
#FAKENEWS!!!!!!

Haha, I’m impressed, okay?
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:20 am

Jrblaha wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:00 am
mild wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:55 am
mild wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:05 am Regardless, unless this is a shadow argument that he's going to eventually change position when he vies for a 2nd contract...
Anteaters wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:40 am This makes me wonder if his designation won't be switched to WR in the near future...
:doh:

Yaaaaawn. Here we go again. This has already been done to death.

This is 4, potentially 5 years away from even being in consideration. At least.

His eligibility will not change until the Falcons call him a WR on the depth chart.

... which they will never do because it'll cost them a lot more to tag/extend him.

Pitts had the option to become a WR in college. He chose not to and said TE is his position. I think the dude is proud to be a TE... and further, his career ceilings are to be the best ever at his current chosen position... or to be another great (potentially) hall of fame WR.

As an elite competitor, isn't the point to try and be the greatest ever and re-define your profession?

He’s going to get elite money anyways, and will be paid WR money - just like Kelce was.

This is a non-story, and is needless hand wringing. But... I do enjoy the constant moving of the goalposts in this, the Official: Kyle Pitts is your Tight End God thread.

Yeah bc of the money issue I don’t see ATL ever changing his designation.
I think a te complained that they were basically a WR for contract purposes, but I don’t think their position tag ever changed. This probably only becomes a thing if Pitts himself decides he wants to be a WR. Seems like he enjoys TE tho, so doubt this ever matters
I think he'd have to argue it. Players have argued over their designation before, due to money. On a rookie deal, correct me if I'm wrong, but it's about where he was drafted in the NFL draft, not his position, that determines the contract amount. The Falcons would end up having to pay him like a WR, regardless, on his 2nd contract, to keep him. The issue would arise if they tried to franchise tag him as a TE. Then he'd almost certainly file for a WR designation. This is 5 years away, though.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:02 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:20 am I think he'd have to argue it. Players have argued over their designation before, due to money. On a rookie deal, correct me if I'm wrong, but it's about where he was drafted in the NFL draft, not his position, that determines the contract amount. The Falcons would end up having to pay him like a WR, regardless, on his 2nd contract, to keep him. The issue would arise if they tried to franchise tag him as a TE. Then he'd almost certainly file for a WR designation. This is 5 years away, though.
Agreed. Except - isn't it actually 6 years away in this doomsday scenario?

1st round pick = 5th year option

Then they'd try the Franchise tag leading to a bun fight over positional designation (just one of his leverage points, but imagine the stats he will have compiled by then - good lord) for his 6th year in the league.

Again, this is all assuming the most onerous, idiotic path from the Falcons front office. It would assume that they try to cheap Kyle Pitts out of a long term deal after multiple eligible seasons for an extension. Like, ok - that MIGHT happen... but... nah dawg, I don't think so.

If anything, what we've seen recently - is that when you've got a sure thing at a position, you actually want to lock them up to an extension as quickly as possible, before the market moves against you and raises the price/leverage of the player further. Mahomes, Josh Allen, Amari Cooper, hell even Nick Chubb got his before the rookie contract was up... and the obvious corollary would be Dak Prescott, who the Cowboys kept trying to cheap for multiple years, and Dak eventually won out for a far greater payday thanks to other QB's getting mega-extensions.

I think GM's have noticed this, and they've seen the cautionary tales. If you have a superstar at a position that you plan on keeping - you lock them up, asap. A pass catching TE considered by many to be the greatest mismatch at the position that many GM's have ever scouted? Yeah, you're locking that dude up soon as you get the chance.

Waller is due his next contract extension in 2024, fyi...

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby gogobradyarm » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:45 pm

It is funny to see people argue about a hypothetical that is at least 4/5 years out (a potential change of position tag).
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Kupp, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby mild » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:52 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:45 pm It is funny to see people argue about a hypothetical that is at least 4/5 years out (a potential change of position tag).
mild wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:55 am This is a non-story, and is needless hand wringing. But... I do enjoy the constant moving of the goalposts in this, the Official: Kyle Pitts is your Tight End God thread.
We've come a long way from "wasting a premium 1st" that's for sure :lol:

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:29 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:45 pm It is funny to see people argue about a hypothetical that is at least 4/5 years out (a potential change of position tag).
It’s middle of the IQ Bell Curve meme behavior. Let them argue while those who drafted Pitts laugh all the way to the bank

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:51 pm

dipANDglide wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:29 pm
It’s middle of the IQ Bell Curve meme behavior. Let them argue while those who drafted Pitts laugh all the way to the bank
You're making a living off of Kyle Pitts, are you? You're obviously too smart for this discussion, so why don't you just go back to your Mensa group chat.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:01 pm

I don't think anybody was arguing about it. Just clarifying the typical process for a position change, and how and when it would go down. I didn't see any arguing at all. It's happened before when guys want more money, and people were merely discussing it. It's a forum about dynasty football. People chat about all kinds of different things football on here.

Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Postby Jrblaha » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:30 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:01 pm
I don't think anybody was arguing about it. Just clarifying the typical process for a position change, and how and when it would go down. I didn't see any arguing at all. It's happened before when guys want more money, and people were merely discussing it. It's a forum about dynasty football. People chat about all kinds of different things football on here.
Exactly. It’s actually been one of the nicer conversations I’ve had on here lately lol
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

DynastyDrum30
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDrum30 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:42 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:41 pm "Atlanta Falcons TE Kyle Pitts' 471 receiving yards are the most ever for a tight end in their first six games, and if he tops 100 receiving yards against the Carolina Panthers in Week 8, Pitts will become the first rookie tight end to record three straight 100-yard games."
Well, he’s got a good opportunity to break it today. Calvin Ridley is a surprise inactive.
10 man league; .5 PPR; .5 TE Premium
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/Flex/K/Team D) - 28 Man Rosters

Roster Highlights:

QB: Burrow, Purdy, Love

RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet, AJ Dillon, Penny, D. Foreman, T Allgier, Z. White, E. Hull

WR: Chase, Lamb, Olave, T. Higgins, Diontae, Chark

TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Goedert, Schoonmaker

Picks:
2024: 4.06
2025: None

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:56 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:51 pm
You're making a living off of Kyle Pitts, are you? You're obviously too smart for this discussion, so why don't you just go back to your Mensa group chat.
Ya, I LITERALLY meant to the bank! R-E-L-A-X Mr. hyper poster

The bell curve meme is one of the best things invented and fits into this "Pitts could be changed to a WR" discussion nicely.

Stop trying to be so smart and enjoy Pitts for what he is, a WR playing TE, who gives you an edge.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:00 pm

dipANDglide wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:56 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:51 pm

Ya, I LITERALLY meant to the bank! R-E-L-A-X Mr. hyper poster

The bell curve meme is one of the best things invented and fits into this "Pitts could be changed to a WR" discussion nicely.

Stop trying to be so smart and enjoy Pitts for what he is, a WR playing TE, who gives you an edge.
Your post added nothing productive, and was designed to insult and antagonize. It was also innaccurate, because people weren't arguing, they were discussing. I was basically just pointing that out. Seems you can dish it out and can't take it. If you don't like how often I post, do us both a favour and just block my posts. Not really interested in your opinion further. Thanks for coming out.

Dynos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Dynos » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:51 pm

with ridley inactive, it gives more opportuniy for targets but more double coverage
2019 Champion! 2022 Champion!

Team 1: Superflex, Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex WR/TE,1 Sflex

QB:P. Mahomes, R.Tannehill, J.Hurts
RB: E.Elliott,James Robinson, Chris Carson, L.Fournette, T.Etienne , Tony Pollard,hassan haskins,donta foreman, jaylen warren
WR: Justin Jefferson A.J Brown, M.Thomas, Marquise Brown, T.Lockett, skyy moore, romeo doubs, alec pierce Donovan Peoples-Jones, J.Palmer
TE: kyle pitts, juwan johnson,mckitty

2021 Champion!
Team 2: Superflex, Start 1Qb, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex Wr/TE. 1 SFlex, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE
QB: J.Herbert, Z.Wilson, K.Cousins, K.Pickett,K.Mond
RB: J.Taylor, JK Dobbins, N.Harris, N.Hines, G.Edwards, James Cook, J.Ford, Dameon Pierce, P.Strong, D.Foreman (Jermaine Burton Devy)
WR: J.Chase,Garett Wilson , B.Aiyuk, C.Sutton, R.Bateman, G.Davis, M.Hardman,J.Palmer,
TE: D.Waller R.Tonyan, B.Jordan, Cameron Brate, Cade Otton, G.Everett

Jrblaha
Captain
Captain

Postby Jrblaha » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:38 pm

Yeah, did not work out well for Pitts. Or gage for that matter, was he even playing? He gave me 0 today lol
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)