Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby mild » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:51 pm

Jrblaha wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:38 pm Yeah, did not work out well for Pitts. Or gage for that matter, was he even playing? He gave me 0 today lol
Panthers are a good defense on the back end, and Brian Burns makes them legit for the pass rush.

It was a bad day for Matt Ryan, is more what I would say. Pitts had some pretty rough drops as well.

But you'll note that nobody is in here getting on Pitts for being a wasted draft pick (ok, or having a down week)... because it still "worked out" by the process. Tied for the team lead in targets, and was once again targeted way down the field as a primary read on passing downs.

Ridley stepping away is going to be the true test, though. The results may be a bit more sporadic - there will still be boom weeks against teams that can't stop him, but teams with good DB's will now load up to stop him (like today). He got a lot of attention. It'll be good for his growth as a pro, at least.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:14 am

mild wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:51 pm
Jrblaha wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:38 pm Yeah, did not work out well for Pitts. Or gage for that matter, was he even playing? He gave me 0 today lol
Panthers are a good defense on the back end, and Brian Burns makes them legit for the pass rush.

It was a bad day for Matt Ryan, is more what I would say. Pitts had some pretty rough drops as well.

But you'll note that nobody is in here getting on Pitts for being a wasted draft pick (ok, or having a down week)... because it still "worked out" by the process. Tied for the team lead in targets, and was once again targeted way down the field as a primary read on passing downs.

Ridley stepping away is going to be the true test, though. The results may be a bit more sporadic - there will still be boom weeks against teams that can't stop him, but teams with good DB's will now load up to stop him (like today). He got a lot of attention. It'll be good for his growth as a pro, at least.
Me saying it didn’t work out well for Pitts, was it didn’t work out well for the week. I mean it didn’t (for this week) imo. Not saying anything about Pitts long term in that comment. But I’m very concerned about Matty Ice. He’s only had one game with more than 2 passing tds. It’ll be fun to see what happens when a rookie takes over in a year or two
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

mild
Legend
Legend

Popular Opinion: this is the Unicorn that you seek

Postby mild » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:20 pm

McCafsteez wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:42 am Can anyone please name a TE that translated instantly into the NFL? This Kyle Pitts hype is out of control. This post is merely a "flag plant" so we can all look back and remember that "I told you so". The only way Pitts should be taken in the first round is if you have the depth to let him sit and develop for a few years on your bench.

/End Rant
Kyle Pitts, Rookie Tight End, the Year of our Lord 2021.

16 games.
66 receptions.
1018 yards.

Second in Rookie Receiving Yardage behind only Jamarr Chase.

An average of 15.4 yards per reception.

And only One. Singular. Touchdown.

Ladies and Gentleman, please put your hands together for the unquestioned, undisputed, heavyweight champion of the world - yours and mine, our kid wunder - the undeniable Dynasty TE1:

Kyle Freakin' Pitts.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Popular Opinion: this is the Unicorn that you seek

Postby Ice » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:30 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:20 pm
McCafsteez wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:42 am Can anyone please name a TE that translated instantly into the NFL? This Kyle Pitts hype is out of control. This post is merely a "flag plant" so we can all look back and remember that "I told you so". The only way Pitts should be taken in the first round is if you have the depth to let him sit and develop for a few years on your bench.

/End Rant

16 games.
66 receptions.
1018 yards.

Ladies and Gentleman, please put your hands together for the unquestioned, undisputed, heavyweight champion of the world - yours and mine, our kid wunder - the undeniable Dynasty TE1:

Kyle Freakin' Pitts.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:50 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:20 pm

/End Rant

16 games.
66 receptions.
1018 yards.

Kyle Freakin' Pitts.
Imagine he had Jalen Hurts throwing to him! :lol:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:29 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:50 pm Imagine he had Jalen Hurts throwing to him! :lol:
I'm just gonna say it, and flaming be damned: it wouldn't be noticeably worse.

Hurts has one fewer game played, and trails Ryan by about 500 throwing yards. He also, of course, leads the NFL in QB rushing as of this week with 788 yards. Rushing is, in fact, a good thing - as it both puts middle-of-the-field defenders in a bind, and frees up "over the middle" shots to big-bodied TE's. See: Andrews, Mark, BAL TE.

Perhaps more to the point: Jalen Hurts has tossed his Philly TE's a total of 4 td's this season. That's a 400% increase on what Ryan managed to feed Pitts! Stonks! STONKS I say!

Napkin maths time, for it is all your glorious trolling deserves: but if you combine Ertz 6 games with Philly this year for 190 yards - with Goedart's 830 yards, you also get an 1000+ yard season. I once again present: TE1 stonks, Jalen Hurts-Me-Daddy edition.

Goedart's 16 game pace since Ertz left would be good for a 982 yard season. He and Pitts are currently within 4 fantasy points of each other in a 0.5 ppr format.

I say again: it wouldn't be noticeably worse.

Now... if you were saying it was Derek Carr under centre... then we'd REALLY be cooking with gas. That man knows how to feed his TE on the way to another failed regular season campaign like no other... truly a talent we can believe in. :wave:
Last edited by mild on Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:30 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:29 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:50 pm Imagine he had Jalen Hurts throwing to him! :lol:
I'm just gonna say it, and flaming be damned: it wouldn't be noticeably worse.

Hurts has one fewer game played, and trails Ryan by about 500 throwing yards. He also, of course, leads the NFL in QB rushing as of this week with 788 yards. Rushing is, in fact, a good thing - as it both puts middle-of-the-field defenders in a bind, and frees up "over the middle" shots to big-bodied TE's. See: Andrews, Mark, BAL TE.

Perhaps more to the point: Jalen Hurts has tossed his Philly TE's a total of 4 td's this season. That's a 400% increase on what Ryan managed to feed Pitts! Stonks! STONKS I say!

Napkin maths time, for it is all your trolling deserves: but if you combine Ertz 6 games with Philly this year for 190 yards - with Goedart's 830 yards, you also get an 1000+ yard season. I once again present: TE stonks.

Goedart's 16 game pace since Ertz left would be good for a 982 yard season. He and Pitts are currently within 4 fantasy points of each other in a 0.5 ppr format.

I say again: it wouldn't be noticeably worse.

Now if only it could be Derek Carr... then we'd really be cooking with gas. That man knows how to feed his TE on the way to another failed regular season campaign like no other... truly a talent we can believe in. :wave:
I was actually making the joke that if he had Hurts, he'd be at 1500 yards, because Hurts is so awesome, of course (in your eyes). Matty Ice is a guy that is going to flame out real soon, like Rivers. He just doesn't have the arm or mobility. I actually agree with you.

As for Carr, he hit Moreau once today, on his way to a win. He just happens to know where his best match ups lie. :D

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:30 pm I was actually making the joke that if he had Hurts, he'd be at 1500 yards, because Hurts is so awesome, of course (in your eyes). Matty Ice is a guy that is going to flame out real soon, like Rivers. He just doesn't have the arm or mobility.
Ah. And here I was thinking you were just making another Hurts troll post. I'm so pleased to hear you've finally come around to my point of view!

Yes, definitely my mistake. :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:37 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:30 pm I was actually making the joke that if he had Hurts, he'd be at 1500 yards, because Hurts is so awesome, of course (in your eyes). Matty Ice is a guy that is going to flame out real soon, like Rivers. He just doesn't have the arm or mobility.
Ah. And here I was thinking you were just making another Hurts troll post. I'm so pleased to hear you've finally come around to my point of view!

Yes, definitely my mistake. :lol:
I don't think Hurts is great, but with his RPO abilities etc., Pitts would have more than 1 TD, and as you said, look at Goedert recently. I think Pitts may struggle a bit at first with a young QB, but in the long run, he'll be better off.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:09 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:37 pm I don't think Hurts is great, but with his RPO abilities etc., Pitts would have more than 1 TD, and as you said, look at Goedert recently. I think Pitts may struggle a bit at first with a young QB, but in the long run, he'll be better off.
No disagreements here bud. It's just a shame that that new QB is (at least) a year or two off.

Matt Ryan has 36 million guaranteed reasons to keep showing up to work in 2022 and 2023.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:10 pm

mild wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:09 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:37 pm I don't think Hurts is great, but with his RPO abilities etc., Pitts would have more than 1 TD, and as you said, look at Goedert recently. I think Pitts may struggle a bit at first with a young QB, but in the long run, he'll be better off.
No disagreements here bud. It's just a shame that that new QB is (at least) a year or two off.

Matt Ryan has 36 million guaranteed reasons to keep showing up to work in 2022 and 2023.
Yep. Unless they can unload him to the Steelers or something.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:28 am

Pitts had an unbelievable season, especially considering Ridley's absence and a quickly aging Matt Ryan. As expected, anyone who took Chase or Pitts number 1.01 is thrilled. (Or even harris probably)

Even with his great rookie season, I'm still shocked he's valued so much higher than Andrews. I get some of the premium you pay for a 21yo top end TE, but Andrews now has a three top six performances, including his total destruction of the field in 2021.

So are we selling Andrews for Pitts given the opportunity? Is it worth the risk of seeing a declining Matty Ice for another year or two, followed by an unknown rookie?

Or are we selling Pitts for Mandrews+?

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:32 am

CGW wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:28 am Pitts had an unbelievable season, especially considering Ridley's absence and a quickly aging Matt Ryan. As expected, anyone who took Chase or Pitts number 1.01 is thrilled. (Or even harris probably)

Even with his great rookie season, I'm still shocked he's valued so much higher than Andrews. I get some of the premium you pay for a 21yo top end TE, but Andrews now has a three top six performances, including his total destruction of the field in 2021.

So are we selling Andrews for Pitts given the opportunity? Is it worth the risk of seeing a declining Matty Ice for another year or two, followed by an unknown rookie?

If Im getting anything significant with Mandrews Im taking that easily for me. Which from what Im seeing you can get that kinda add

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:05 am

This year didn’t really answer qs for me on Pitts. He put up awesome yards, but the teams best wr was gage. When they add WR talent does that hurt him? He still has by far the highest upside, and it’s not close imo, but idk that he finishes as a top 2 te in his first 3 years, like others do. Gonna be fun to watch him get better tho, more tds will definitely come.
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:56 am

CGW wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:28 am Pitts had an unbelievable season, especially considering Ridley's absence and a quickly aging Matt Ryan. As expected, anyone who took Chase or Pitts number 1.01 is thrilled. (Or even harris probably)

I tried dealing Andrews for Pitts mid season and it never really came to fruition. Glad I didn't because Andrews was key in my playoff run, but I'd still consider it straight up. If I can get something added to Pitts in definitely doing it