Javonte Williams Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dhanks91
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Javonte Williams Thread

Postby dhanks91 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:03 pm

Team 3 in sig.

Just curious what everybody’s thoughts are on Javonte Williams and where would you rank him amongst the rookie rbs? Personally I think his all around game could make him an rb2 as early as this season. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Steelers take a chance in him.

I have the 1.04 and I’m in need of a RB behind Barkley, but I’m trying to decide if that’s too early to draft him. Our draft is a couple of weeks before the NFL draft.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Re: Javonte Williams

Postby mgscott » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:13 pm

I have him as my RB2 for this year's draft, but very close to Harris as the #1. 1.04 is not too early to draft him depending on where and when he is drafted. Might depend on how your league drafts. Some almost always draft the RB group early, others go for WR early or a mix.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:23 pm

I think he and Harris are in a tier of their own

Don't love the RB class this year in comparison to last year's but they are the closest things to sure things

I'd have him 2 or 3 (with Chase 1)

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:24 pm

I think taking him at 4 would be the right move if he’s still there, looking at your roster. Then you come back with a WR (or if Pitts falls) at pick 8.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:01 pm

I have him as the best RB in the class. He’s a 3 down any situation capable player. Love the way he can create when there’s nothing there.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:09 pm

I have Harris just above Williams at this point, but both a good bit ahead of Etienne. I’m a big fan of Williams’ game.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:25 pm

Let’s see how much he weighs and how he runs, and where he gets drafted.

Most of the data that matters for RBs is still pending.

Edit: just saw that your draft is before the NFL draft.

I’d avoid him. I think he’s too risky- he could land in a miserable spot. Just take the best WR.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:34 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:01 pm I have him as the best RB in the class. He’s a 3 down any situation capable player. Love the way he can create when there’s nothing there.
I like him as well, and when you add this detail:
Najee Harris: March 1998
Travis Etienne: January 1999
Javonte Williams: April 2000

It makes Williams even more attractive. You're basically getting a RB two years younger in Williams than Harris, and a few picks later to boot. If both hit, Williams is likely more valuable long term because you get an extra 2 seasons before the age cliff worry begins to bleed off trade value. All this being said, landing spot still matters, so does draft capital, I imagine Harris will probably go somewhere between 15-40, Etienne probably somewhere between 20-50, and Williams somewhere between 35-75, but I'll still prioritize what I always do, the talent, and the age, and unlike last year when I backslides a bit, I won't allow landing spot to impact my ranking to any strong degree, whenever I've ignored it, it's benefited me, whenever I've added too much weight, it's hurt me.

For now, I'm:
1. Etienne
2. Williams
3. Harris

But honestly, I think my #1 objective is to trade down for Williams because I just like him best in terms of value for cost.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:21 am

Wow.

I like Williams a lot, think he’s the clear RB3 in this draft. I thought that was the consensus too, looks like maybe not.

Harris is an elite prospect imo, but the knock for his age does indeed matter. Still have him RB1 pretty easily.

ettiene: I get it if you’re not too high on him. I kinda go back and forth. NFL draft will lock him in place for my ratings. As of this second I think he’s clearly the RB2 though, I’d have tiered him in with Akres and CEH on talent last year.

Williams is easily up next for me. 1.04 seems early. If you like him, it looks like maybe you gotta lull the trigger there though. I’d have him outside my top 4. He’s currently off my board at 1.09 in SF where I don’t need RB in sig league too
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:01 am

In 1QB the 1.04 is about where he is going to go. Chase, Harris, and Etienne are likely to be gone leaving you with Williams, Pitts, or your next favorite WR.

If chase fell to me at 4 I'd have an incredibly hard time passing on him even if I needed an RB. Hes the best non QB prospect as well as the safest.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:11 am

I admittedly don’t play in any leagues that draft before the NFL draft (I’m not opposed to the idea, and I think it’s intriguing, I just haven’t found a league that I wanted to join that had those settings) but I’d be wary of picking a nebulously projected day 2 prospect like Williams ahead of a clear first round WR. He’s just riskier.

Like right now you know what Chase, Waddle, Smith, etc are worth. Their value is unlikely to change. Williams could go to Buffalo in the late second and his value could shoot up, or he could go to the Panthers in the 4th and drop like a stone.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

dhanks91
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dhanks91 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:28 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:11 am I admittedly don’t play in any leagues that draft before the NFL draft (I’m not opposed to the idea, and I think it’s intriguing, I just haven’t found a league that I wanted to join that had those settings) but I’d be wary of picking a nebulously projected day 2 prospect like Williams ahead of a clear first round WR. He’s just riskier.

Like right now you know what Chase, Waddle, Smith, etc are worth. Their value is unlikely to change. Williams could go to Buffalo in the late second and his value could shoot up, or he could go to the Panthers in the 4th and drop like a stone.
This is what I am thinking as well. I feel like BPA is almost always the route to go but I think Williams finds himself in the top-6 of this draft class. Although with this rookie class I would rather gamble on Williams in the mid first then Harris at 1.01

Personally I’m hoping the teams drafting in front of me like Williams more than Etienne, although that’s pretty wishful thinking. I feel like a decent part of Williams draft value will be tied to his landing spot.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:43 am

Glad you opened this thread up. In your particular situation without knowing landing spots id go Wr in a 1 qb. Draft spots really matter for RBS and like others have said if Javonte ends up in a horrific spot then you get screwed. Take Devonta or Pitts at 1.04 or trade down

On another note i am almost in the same position as you. I have the 1.03, my RBs are Swift and Gibson then all i have of any note is James White. My WRs are DK Diggs Pittman Mims Landry. You can probably see where im potentially better set at. Im stuck between Chase (i love this guys prospects in the league and he has some potential juicy landing spots where he would immediately be the top target on the team) and Williams (a solid Rb2 to go along with two guys i think can be RB1s in swift and gibson is hard to pass up at a position where injuries happen all the time). If i were set at all positions id go Chase easily BUT my league loves its RBs and they are just so valuable its tough to pass up. Idk what to do?

dhanks91
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dhanks91 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:39 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:43 am Glad you opened this thread up. In your particular situation without knowing landing spots id go Wr in a 1 qb. Draft spots really matter for RBS and like others have said if Javonte ends up in a horrific spot then you get screwed. Take Devonta or Pitts at 1.04 or trade down

On another note i am almost in the same position as you. I have the 1.03, my RBs are Swift and Gibson then all i have of any note is James White. My WRs are DK Diggs Pittman Mims Landry. You can probably see where im potentially better set at. Im stuck between Chase (i love this guys prospects in the league and he has some potential juicy landing spots where he would immediately be the top target on the team) and Williams (a solid Rb2 to go along with two guys i think can be RB1s in swift and gibson is hard to pass up at a position where injuries happen all the time). If i were set at all positions id go Chase easily BUT my league loves its RBs and they are just so valuable its tough to pass up. Idk what to do?
I would take Chase if he were available at 1.03. Maybe reach out to the Carson and Rojo owners as they should be inexpensive rb2's

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:16 pm

I remember similar threads like this about Doug Martin. Then he suddenly became the 1.2 once Tampa Bay drafted him.

Unless I'm drafting before the NFL rookie draft, I'm keeping an open mind on who I will draft where.