Andy Dalton and trade calculators/rankings

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
thebeast
Legend
Legend

Re: Andy Dalton and trade calculators/rankings

Postby thebeast » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:35 am

Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:57 pm
abloom wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:37 pm DLF trade analyzer values are based on ADP of mock drafts (one monthly at beginning of the month for 1QB and middle of money for SF) and trades that occured in mlf in past 30 days.

You'll see a bump to the analyzer value mid april when ADP reflects dalton's new starting job. Alternatively you can wait until April 1 and look at how dalton ranks in 1qb relative to other QBs and then use that as a benchmark for SF value.

If you are trying to establish current value you may take a look at the trade finder and see what type of trades have been done.
Thanks, that's good to know. I was assuming his newly found job was not reflected in his ADP yet but then again, if it's based off mock drafts (and I don't know what else could be used) then I would expect Dalton to go as one of the last QBs and end up still in the late 20s or low 30s. I guess the trick is going to be finding the owner that is desperate for a QB and is willing to trade.
There is a strong possibility that Dalton never ends up starting and that they sign another’s QB or draft someone in the 2nd or 3rd that beats him out in camp the way Wilson beat out Flynn. JTs role is secure, Daltons isn’t.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Andy Dalton and trade calculators/rankings

Postby CGW » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:46 am

It's likely he ends up in the late 20s, high 30s ranked QB. Even if he plays ok, I dont see him as the long term option in Chicago or elsewhere but he could easily have a few more relevant seasons as a bridge QB ala Fitzpatrick.

Calculators are good for confirmation, but not a good place to develop initial trade values. Most dont update very well and can also be swayed significantly by a small sample size and base settings. Again, good place to confirm your initial feelings of a trade - I use them for this purpose on every trade I am offered. I also post on the team advice forum to make sure I'm not missing something or blinded by ownership bias.

Hes probably worth a late 2nd in SF leagues. He(plus a 2022 3rd)was just sold for a 2022 2nd from our bottom dweller league.