Andy Dalton and trade calculators/rankings

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Andy Dalton and trade calculators/rankings

Postby Wizard » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:15 pm

So I'm looking around to try and trade Dalton and am looking at a few trade calculators since most players in my league check them. I use DFLs ranking and calculator and KeepTradeCut since it is updated on the fly supposedly. I know Dalton is no stud and there's a decent chance he won't be starting next season (but he does have a year to prove he's got what it takes). I just find it weird that DFL ranks him QB 37 behind the retired Drew Brees, Jordan Love, Alex Smith, and Trubinsky, and just one position above Haskins and 2 above Kyle Allen all QBs that most likely not start this season and maybe never get a start ever. KeepTradeCut has him ranked as QB 41 so they have him ranked behind 9 QBs that are not starters. I get that this is dynasty so they are looking at long term value but he's 33 years old so its possible he could play another 5 years and is the starter on a team and he's had success in the past. Even if he's a middle of the road QB he's got to be ranked higher that 37 or 41, right? How am i supposed to take advantage of him getting a starting gig if the calculators all say he's pretty much worthless? Do I need to wait longer for them to be updated or is Dalton pretty much not worth anything. BTW, I'm only talking about SF, in standard leagues he is worthless. What do all think about Dalton's worth in a SF league?
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Andy Dalton and trade calculators/rankings

Postby joeya2001 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:23 pm

Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:15 pm So I'm looking around to try and trade Dalton and am looking at a few trade calculators since most players in my league check them. I use DFLs ranking and calculator and KeepTradeCut since it is updated on the fly supposedly. I know Dalton is no stud and there's a decent chance he won't be starting next season (but he does have a year to prove he's got what it takes). I just find it weird that DFL ranks him QB 37 behind the retired Drew Brees, Jordan Love, Alex Smith, and Trubinsky, and just one position above Haskins and 2 above Kyle Allen all QBs that most likely not start this season and maybe never get a start ever. KeepTradeCut has him ranked as QB 41 so they have him ranked behind 9 QBs that are not starters. I get that this is dynasty so they are looking at long term value but he's 33 years old so its possible he could play another 5 years and is the starter on a team and he's had success in the past. Even if he's a middle of the road QB he's got to be ranked higher that 37 or 41, right? How am i supposed to take advantage of him getting a starting gig if the calculators all say he's pretty much worthless? Do I need to wait longer for them to be updated or is Dalton pretty much not worth anything. BTW, I'm only talking about SF, in standard leagues he is worthless. What do all think about Dalton's worth in a SF league?
I’d rank him somewhere around 26-35 range, he pretty much isint worth much.

Ask your self what would you trade on your roster for him.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:28 pm

At that value level, all those QBs don't have trade value. Mostly they just cost you a roster space. In a start 1 QB league, getting literally anything of value for him would be surprising.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:58 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:23 pm
Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:15 pm So I'm looking around to try and trade Dalton and am looking at a few trade calculators since most players in my league check them. I use DFLs ranking and calculator and KeepTradeCut since it is updated on the fly supposedly. I know Dalton is no stud and there's a decent chance he won't be starting next season (but he does have a year to prove he's got what it takes). I just find it weird that DFL ranks him QB 37 behind the retired Drew Brees, Jordan Love, Alex Smith, and Trubinsky, and just one position above Haskins and 2 above Kyle Allen all QBs that most likely not start this season and maybe never get a start ever. KeepTradeCut has him ranked as QB 41 so they have him ranked behind 9 QBs that are not starters. I get that this is dynasty so they are looking at long term value but he's 33 years old so its possible he could play another 5 years and is the starter on a team and he's had success in the past. Even if he's a middle of the road QB he's got to be ranked higher that 37 or 41, right? How am i supposed to take advantage of him getting a starting gig if the calculators all say he's pretty much worthless? Do I need to wait longer for them to be updated or is Dalton pretty much not worth anything. BTW, I'm only talking about SF, in standard leagues he is worthless. What do all think about Dalton's worth in a SF league?

If I only had one or two QBs in a SF league he for sure would have value, a lot. If you've ever got down to one QB in a SF league you would know the pain, even an average QB scores almost as much as a high end RB. Dalton in my SF league last season from weeks 11-16 scored 22, 13, 23, 17, 18, and 30 points. My guess (and I'm too lazy to verify this), is that he scored as high or higher than the top 10 RB during those weeks.

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:09 pm

Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:58 pm

If I only had one or two QBs in a SF league he for sure would have value, a lot. If you've ever got down to one QB in a SF league you would know the pain, even an average QB scores almost as much as a high end RB. Dalton in my SF league last season from weeks 11-16 scored 22, 13, 23, 17, 18, and 30 points. My guess (and I'm too lazy to verify this), is that he scored as high or higher than the top 10 RB during those weeks.
So what you are telling me is you would pay a guy like JK dobbins or JT for Dalton? Based on What they scored? Btw if you see my 2 teams in my list I play in SF so I’m aware of the value
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:10 pm

I think you need to wait until things update, including start of month ADP and rankings, both of which flow into a calculator usually.

All that said, if you think a short term low end QB is worth ‘a lot’ then you’re likely overshooting. If you can get a 2nd, I’d probably jump.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:37 pm

DLF trade analyzer values are based on ADP of mock drafts (one monthly at beginning of the month for 1QB and middle of money for SF) and trades that occured in mlf in past 30 days.

You'll see a bump to the analyzer value mid april when ADP reflects dalton's new starting job. Alternatively you can wait until April 1 and look at how dalton ranks in 1qb relative to other QBs and then use that as a benchmark for SF value.

If you are trying to establish current value you may take a look at the trade finder and see what type of trades have been done.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:44 pm

He's my QB36 and I updated my QB rankings after all the major signings (but not after the SF trade yesterday). This does include incoming rookies.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:47 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:09 pm
Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:58 pm

So what you are telling me is you would pay a guy like JK dobbins or JT for Dalton? Based on What they scored? Btw if you see my 2 teams in my list I play in SF so I’m aware of the value
That's an excellent question, no I would not even consider trading JT for Dalton, top end RBs are much much harder to get than 3rd tier QBs but it just seems to me the point valuations are off considering between the two there probably is not going to be a gigantic point scoring difference. The DLF trade analyzer shows TJ to be worth 755 and Dalton to be 23. I don't expect them to be close in value, JT is worth way more, but 32 times as much seems like too much to me. I guess I'll have to wait to see if it changes leading up to the season or just hold until someone get hurting for a QB. And yeah, I'd probably take a 2nd and run.

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:57 pm

abloom wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:37 pm DLF trade analyzer values are based on ADP of mock drafts (one monthly at beginning of the month for 1QB and middle of money for SF) and trades that occured in mlf in past 30 days.

You'll see a bump to the analyzer value mid april when ADP reflects dalton's new starting job. Alternatively you can wait until April 1 and look at how dalton ranks in 1qb relative to other QBs and then use that as a benchmark for SF value.

If you are trying to establish current value you may take a look at the trade finder and see what type of trades have been done.
Thanks, that's good to know. I was assuming his newly found job was not reflected in his ADP yet but then again, if it's based off mock drafts (and I don't know what else could be used) then I would expect Dalton to go as one of the last QBs and end up still in the late 20s or low 30s. I guess the trick is going to be finding the owner that is desperate for a QB and is willing to trade.

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:01 pm

In Superflex 12+ teams, he’s worth a late or future 2nd IMO. If you can’t get that, wait for injuries and desperation.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 10
QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas

QB Mahomes/Murray/Brady
RB CMC
WR Adams/Hill/Diggs/AJ Brown/Aiyuk/Woods/R. Moore
TE Kelce/Kittle/Njoku
2x 2023 1sts

12 tm PPR 1.5 for TE Superflex start 2 TE start 12
QB Herbert/Tua/Lawrence/Fields
RB Harris/Etienne
WR Jefferson/Deebo/Lamb/DSmith/Sutton/Juedy/Kirk/E. Moore/R. Moore
TE Kittle/Pitts/Waller/Fant/Njoku
2022 1.01/1.12/2.02

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:10 pm

I don't use calculators

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:17 pm

sloth8u wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:10 pm I don't use calculators
It's not a calculator, it's an analyzer.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Wizard » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:26 pm

I'm not big on calculators or analyzers one but we kind of had to encourage the league to at least take a look at them since the league was being ruined by terrible trades (Hunt for a mid 2nd and a 4th for example). Now it seems some of them treat the calculator as gospel so I need them to bump up Dalton (lol).

briank
All Pro
All Pro

Postby briank » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:21 pm

Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:26 pm
I'm not big on calculators or analyzers one but we kind of had to encourage the league to at least take a look at them since the league was being ruined by terrible trades (Hunt for a mid 2nd and a 4th for example). Now it seems some of them treat the calculator as gospel so I need them to bump up Dalton (lol).
I don’t see how Hunt for a 2nd ruins a league, but there’s nothing wrong with calculators.
12 tm tiered PPR Superflex start 9
QB Allen/Tubisky/Lock
RB Mixon/Harris/Etienne
WR DJ Moore
TE Kelce/Irv
2022 1.06/1.09
2023 3x 1st

QB Mahomes/Watson/Ryan
RB CMC/Zeke/Mixon/Sanders
WR Evans/Godwin/Robinson/Golladay/Thielen/Lockett/Fuller
TE Kittle/Waller/L. Thomas