Sorry AJ Dillon owners

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Re: Sorry AJ Dillon owners

Postby Pet_Smith » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:17 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:47 pm Don’t see the logic on many fronts for GB. They invested draft capital in theory with this situation in mind. They paid for a non-premium position. I get that Jones is a quality back, I just wouldn’t want to invest that cash there, as the dropoff I think can be mitigated better at RB than the lift they could bring at other positions of need. Maybe they can do both. We’ll see.

I disagree that this was the likely outcome all along. It didn’t and doesn’t add up on various levels. Unlikely things happen all the time, but don’t call it the likely scenario all along just because it happened. That’s simply inaccurate.
Totally agree. I also don't think it changes Dillon's expected usage much if at all (unless I missed Williams being resigned already?). Assumption was always one of jones/Williams coming back, and Dillon getting extra touches to be the 1a at best ( with williams) / 1b (Williams or Jones). Sure, maybe he's more outright 2nd fiddle, but GB was always likely to be RBBC, so likely to be valuable
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:29 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:46 pm I would be bummed if I was a Packers fan or had any Dillon shares. This is really only good for Adams because it should make it harder to add veteran target competition at WR.
As a lifelong Packer fan I think it’s a great thing. I want to see a strong running game to go with the passing game. Depth at RB is so important in today’s NFL.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:35 pm

Great opportunity to buy low in the next few weeks, especially if you believe in Dillon following the Derrick Henry path. Jones deal will probably allow him to be cut or moved easily in Year 3.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:41 pm

RIP

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:43 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:35 pm Great opportunity to buy low in the next few weeks, especially if you believe in Dillon following the Derrick Henry path. Jones deal will probably allow him to be cut or moved easily in Year 3.
Or maybe (hopefully) year 2? Likely 3.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:47 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:47 pm Don’t see the logic on many fronts for GB. They invested draft capital in theory with this situation in mind. They paid for a non-premium position. I get that Jones is a quality back, I just wouldn’t want to invest that cash there, as the dropoff I think can be mitigated better at RB than the lift they could bring at other positions of need. Maybe they can do both. We’ll see.
This is a good point. If I were running the Packers, I would've used that valuable cap space to sign a nice WR. I don't know if JuJu would've gone in the price range for Aaron Jones, but I would've been going that route.

Spotrac has the Packers with only $1M in cap space BEFORE the Aaron Jones deal, so I don't know how they're going to swing more free agents.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:48 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:47 pm
I disagree that this was the likely outcome all along. It didn’t and doesn’t add up on various levels. Unlikely things happen all the time, but don’t call it the likely scenario all along just because it happened. That’s simply inaccurate.
Well I've been saying it and betting on it all along so 🤷‍♂️

Whether it was becaue of Jones or somebody else, Dillon was never getting the volume he needed to become a consistent RB1. Even now it's hilarious to see people double down.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:51 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:47 pm

Spotrac has the Packers with only $1M in cap space BEFORE the Aaron Jones deal, so I don't know how they're going to swing more free agents.
And arguably the best center in football is a FA.... so... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:08 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:48 pm Well I've been saying it and betting on it all along so 🤷‍♂️

Whether it was becaue of Jones or somebody else, Dillon was never getting the volume he needed to become a consistent RB1. Even now it's hilarious to see people double down.
How much did you win?
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:11 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:48 pm
FiremanEd wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:47 pm
Well I've been saying it and betting on it all along so 🤷‍♂️

Are you looking st another thread? Who doubled down?

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:00 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:29 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:46 pm I would be bummed if I was a Packers fan or had any Dillon shares. This is really only good for Adams because it should make it harder to add veteran target competition at WR.
As a lifelong Packer fan I think it’s a great thing. I want to see a strong running game to go with the passing game. Depth at RB is so important in today’s NFL.
A strong running game comes from a strong offensive line and running back depth does not cost $12 million a year.

This Jones contract is asinine. The Packers 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks in 2020 all look like backups for the foreseeable future. What a waste of the end of Rodgers’ prime.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:19 pm

I know its bad practice to read too much into this but could this also be Packers not being fully on board with Dillion? He had one game where he blew up and looked good but they really didn't give him much work all year and now bringing Jones back on a 4year deal, its worth a thought.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:25 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:19 pm I know its bad practice to read too much into this but could this also be Packers not being fully on board with Dillion? He had one game where he blew up and looked good but they really didn't give him much work all year and now bringing Jones back on a 4year deal, its worth a thought.
I believe he had a minor injury and Covid. Missed about 6 weeks in the middle of the season. Plus little or no off-season.

It could be that they can't quite trust him yet.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:39 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:19 pm I know its bad practice to read too much into this but could this also be Packers not being fully on board with Dillion? He had one game where he blew up and looked good but they really didn't give him much work all year and now bringing Jones back on a 4year deal, its worth a thought.
I think it's more about Jones becoming really good than Dillon not being ready. It's probably more of a two-year deal in the end.

I agree though that the Packers draft last year looks awful. 1st rounder on a 3rd string QB, 2nd rounder to replace Jamaal Williams, 3rd rounder on a 3rd string TE.

Almost feels like they were anticipating that they would get rid of Rodgers sooner and could move to being a heavy run based team

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:42 pm

This is Demarco Murray/Derrick Henry all over again. I’m buying Dillon everywhere.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)