Sorry AJ Dillon owners

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Sorry AJ Dillon owners

Postby tresskid84 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:19 pm

Aaron Jones just resigned with GB on a 4 yr deal!
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Sorry AJ Dillon owners

Postby Madadamus » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:23 pm

I don’t feel sorry. They had about 3 months to double their money. Wanted a 10x and got greedy.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:23 pm

Yeah, that burst the AJ Dillon hype a bit. This is great for Jones and Rogers. This was his best landing soot all along.

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:27 pm

I agree on this being Jones’ best landing spot. Dillon owners that didn’t capitalize might have a bit of holder’s remorse, but likely won’t compare to the buyer’s remorse some who heavily invested will feel.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:33 pm

Not much of a surprise. The writing was on the wall and owners chose to ignore it and create their own narrative.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:41 pm

As a Packers fan and fantasy player, I hate this.

Packers side: As much as I hated the draft last year, and believe me I did, there was a way to salvage this in this off season. Let Jones walk. Resign Williams on the cheap. Dillon starts. Resign Linsley. Guess we aren't doing any of that.

Fantasy side: After being burned in the past buying RBs in the off season and also avoiding owning Packers for fear of bias.... I bought Dillon. The above just made so much sense.

Who needs a starting Center? And why not use your first 3 rounds of draft picks last year on backups?

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:43 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:33 pm The writing was on the wall and owners chose to ignore it and create their own narrative.
Disagree with this take.

The odds were that Jones was gone after he didn't have a contract at the franchise deadline. It doesn't happen too often that a player gets so close to free agency then signs with his original team.

The fact that the Jones did the improbable doesn't mean that the AJ Dillon owners' process was flawed.

Regardless, I agree with earlier posts that Aaron Jones in Green Bay is best for the fantasy values of all Green Bay players not named Dillon. This is definitely a hit to Dillon's value. If I were an Aaron Jones owner, I'd see what it takes to get Dillon now, though be careful not to overpay.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:46 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:43 pm
MFundercover wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:33 pm The writing was on the wall and owners chose to ignore it and create their own narrative.
Disagree with this take.

The odds were that Jones was gone after he didn't have a contract at the franchise deadline. It doesn't happen too often that a player gets so close to free agency then signs with his original team.

The fact that the Jones did the improbable doesn't mean that the AJ Dillon owners' process was flawed.

Regardless, I agree with earlier posts that Aaron Jones in Green Bay is best for the fantasy values of all Green Bay players not named Dillon. This is definitely a hit to Dillon's value. If I were an Aaron Jones owner, I'd see what it takes to get Dillon now, though be careful not to overpay.
Even if Jones didnt resign, the Packers have been signaling that they were interested and that either way Dillon was not going to become the workhorse owners insisted he would become.

Dillon never had a path to consistent > RB6 numbers and it's not even a debate at this point.
Last edited by MFundercover on Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:46 pm

I would be bummed if I was a Packers fan or had any Dillon shares. This is really only good for Adams because it should make it harder to add veteran target competition at WR.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:56 pm

I had a strange feeling this would happen, and it seemed to correlate with how loud the Dillion owner in my league was getting. The more he bragged the more it seemed likely, so if any Dillion owners want someone to blame I can give you his number, he boasted this into existence :shh:

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:09 pm

I was initially thinking this was a bad thing for the RB GA market, but it might be okay. Anybody who signed in GB would be competing with Dillon; how many RBs in FA besides Jones are good enough to relegate Dillon to the bench?

Like Conner or Fournette could be the feature back for the Jets, but probably in a GB timeshare; if Jones went to NYJ or Buffalo, he would be taking one of those feature back opportunities.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:14 pm

As a Jones owner in many leagues, I love it, definitely not a Packers fan so don’t care about it IRL.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:38 pm

MFundercover wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:46 pm Even if Jones didnt resign, the Packers have been signaling that they were interested and that either way Dillon was not going to become the workhorse owners insisted he would become.

Dillon never had a path to consistent > RB6 numbers and it's not even a debate at this point.
I don't think it's fair to say all Dillon owners were saying he'd become a workhorse. I'd said all along that if Jones walked there'd still be a committee. Be that with Dillon/Williams, or Dillon and someone else.

The hope was that Dillon would see increased usage. And possibly the bigger piece of the committee work. Now that's clearly not going to happen. Just an upside backup for the foreseeable future.

Another reminder why it's risky dealing for RB's before free-agency. Some people probably got burned buying Dillon with this news. But, others may well have profited investing in Jones.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:47 pm

Don’t see the logic on many fronts for GB. They invested draft capital in theory with this situation in mind. They paid for a non-premium position. I get that Jones is a quality back, I just wouldn’t want to invest that cash there, as the dropoff I think can be mitigated better at RB than the lift they could bring at other positions of need. Maybe they can do both. We’ll see.

I disagree that this was the likely outcome all along. It didn’t and doesn’t add up on various levels. Unlikely things happen all the time, but don’t call it the likely scenario all along just because it happened. That’s simply inaccurate.

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:00 pm

This is actually quite comical
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10