The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
palevermilion
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Deshaun Watson's new deal

Postby palevermilion » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:22 am

As a Mims owner also, yes to the Jets! Also as a Fuller owner, I wonder how much this impacts his decision to re-sign or move on. Personally I want him out of that team. Go to Green Bay like all the rumors say :)

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:31 am

This is going to be one of the most interesting off seasons with QBs shuffling around.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:46 am

CGW wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:31 am This is going to be one of the most interesting off seasons with QBs shuffling around.
Agreed and I can't wait! I wish Aaron Rodgers were in play to make it an even bigger zoo.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:46 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:46 am
CGW wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:31 am This is going to be one of the most interesting off seasons with QBs shuffling around.
Agreed and I can't wait! I wish Aaron Rodgers were in play to make it an even bigger zoo.
I can't remember a off season ever with this many QB's in play
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

PutItInReverseTerry
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby PutItInReverseTerry » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:52 am

palevermilion wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:22 am As a Mims owner also, yes to the Jets! Also as a Fuller owner, I wonder how much this impacts his decision to re-sign or move on. Personally I want him out of that team. Go to Green Bay like all the rumors say :)
Same here! No Watson or Mims shares but a Fuller owner who is tracking this Watson deal closely. I also am hoping he goes to GB but if he doesn't go there, I think it's likely he stays in Houston. Just because of that risk I'm trying to sell right now for picks but nobody's biting. Might just have to hold and pray.
2021 Startup 10 team Dynasty league - Half-PPR non-SF - Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLX

QB: Joe Burrow, Matt Ryan, Sam Darnold
RB: Jonathan Taylor, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, James Robinson, Darrell Henderson, Alexander Mattison
WR: Keenan Allen, Terry McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, D.J. Chark, Courtland Sutton, Christian Kirk, Gabriel Davis, Allen Lazard, Darius Slayton
TE: Dallas Goedert, Irv Smith

2021 Picks: 2.05

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:10 pm

PutItInReverseTerry wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:52 am
palevermilion wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:22 am As a Mims owner also, yes to the Jets! Also as a Fuller owner, I wonder how much this impacts his decision to re-sign or move on. Personally I want him out of that team. Go to Green Bay like all the rumors say :)
Same here! No Watson or Mims shares but a Fuller owner who is tracking this Watson deal closely. I also am hoping he goes to GB but if he doesn't go there, I think it's likely he stays in Houston. Just because of that risk I'm trying to sell right now for picks but nobody's biting. Might just have to hold and pray.
Fuller has quite a bit of negativity surrounding him now, terrible time to sell.

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:18 pm

CGW wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:10 pm
PutItInReverseTerry wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:52 am
Fuller has quite a bit of negativity surrounding him now, terrible time to sell.
Which has pretty much always been the case, with all of his injuries lol

One could make the argument that there was one good sell window for Fuller, most probably missed it because they were enjoying the (fraudulent) production

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:58 pm

I could be wrong, but at 26 years old, Watson will be the best QB in the history of the league to change teams during his career.

An all-time mistake by the Texans to ruin their relationship with him.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:17 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:58 pm I could be wrong, but at 26 years old, Watson will be the best QB in the history of the league to change teams during his career.

Hard to think of a young QB that is one of the leading QB's stats wise with one of the worst teams around him. Imagine the havoc he would unleash on the league if he was on the browns instead of Baker, or if he was with IND/NO instead of the broken corpses of Rivers/Brees?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:22 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:17 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:58 pm I could be wrong, but at 26 years old, Watson will be the best QB in the history of the league to change teams during his career.

Hard to think of a young QB that is one of the leading QB's stats wise with one of the worst teams around him. Imagine the havoc he would unleash on the league if he was on the browns instead of Baker, or if he was with IND/NO instead of the broken corpses of Rivers/Brees?
What? Out of all the situation you could've chosen you choose the team with Jarvis Landry as their #1 WR?? :lol:

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:25 pm

Sriracha wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:22 pm

What? Out of all the situation you could've chosen you choose the team with Jarvis Landry as their #1 WR?? :lol:
Im just thinking, you've got two RB1s, OBJ still flashes when he can get the ball in his hands, If Mayfield can take CLE to the second round, Watson would make them Superbowl contenders.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:40 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:25 pm

Im just thinking, you've got two RB1s, OBJ still flashes when he can get the ball in his hands, If Mayfield can take CLE to the second round, Watson would make them Superbowl contenders.
It's a fair thought. They made the playoffs and did some damage like you mentioned. Baker isn't a superstar, but that offense with Watson could really make some plays

Wieber81
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Wieber81 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:56 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:56 pm Texans should probably trade Watt while they're at it too.

A Miami/Houston trade makes sense. Houston frees up their cap, gets picks to rebuild. Miami gets the franchise QB who they can manage a cap better around than Houston can.
Totally agree
My Dynasty Team:

QB Joe Burrow, Kirk Cousins, Jameis Winston
RB Saquon Barkley, Austin Ekeler, J.K Dobbins, Cam Akers, Alexander Mattison, Darrynton Evans
WR D.J. Moore, Deebo Samual, Jerry Jeudy, Michael Pittman, Jalen Reagor, Darnell Mooney,
TE George Kittle, Dallas Goedert, Irv Smith

2021 1st Round (#2 overall)
2021 1st Round (#5 overall)
2021 2nd Round (#23 overall)
2021 3rd Round (#29 overall)

Wieber81
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Wieber81 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:58 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:55 pm Texans just hired the Ravens WR coach as their HC... That organization is a mess.
but Pep Hamilton signed on today as QB coach. So that might make up for their head coach decision
My Dynasty Team:

QB Joe Burrow, Kirk Cousins, Jameis Winston
RB Saquon Barkley, Austin Ekeler, J.K Dobbins, Cam Akers, Alexander Mattison, Darrynton Evans
WR D.J. Moore, Deebo Samual, Jerry Jeudy, Michael Pittman, Jalen Reagor, Darnell Mooney,
TE George Kittle, Dallas Goedert, Irv Smith

2021 1st Round (#2 overall)
2021 1st Round (#5 overall)
2021 2nd Round (#23 overall)
2021 3rd Round (#29 overall)

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:18 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:25 pm

Watson is a great QB, top 6 at worst. But the Browns just aren't that great of a situation for him. Watson doesn't particularly care about the strengths of the Browns: O-line and RB. While a solid O-line certainly doesn't hurt him, he's still going to be under a lot of pressure since his money maker is extending the play. Russell Wilson and Big Ben had similar strengths, and regardless of how good the O-lines they had they routinely were league leaders in sacks.

A strong running attack certainly doesn't hurt him either.. but he doesn't need them to be successful the way Baker Mayfield or Ryan Tannehill do. What he needs are explosive playmakers that can separate during the scramble drill, deep threats that he can get the ball to downfield and a strong Defense that can limit the number of points he needs to score. Those are all things that were missing from CLE last year.

Would Watson do more in CLE? Probably.. but I doubt they win the Super Bowl with or without him this year. Baker played very good football after OBJ went down and was a big reason the Browns went as far as they did. Their defense was missing a lot of key pieces and couldn't stop anyone for most of the year.
Last edited by Sriracha on Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.